Repello Muggletum: a Hogwarts Roleplay discussion

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (last edited Dec 19, 2010 11:18AM) (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 477 comments Mod
In Arithmancy, taught by the young (and beautiful) Professor Istriz, students learn how numbers and figures can tie in to the magical world. Bright minds abound here, much as the strange instruments and books lining the walls.

message 2: by E.J. (last edited Oct 19, 2011 07:22PM) (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) Sam walked into Arithmancy with a wide smile and a deep yearning to learn the deep dark secrets of the numerical world.

message 3: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Professor Istriz looked up from her desk, littered with papers and ink bottles and numerous quills. "Ah, Apollo. You're early this evening," she noted, smiling at her student and dipping her quill into the inkwell again.

message 4: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "This is one of my favorite classes," he said as he placed his books onto a desk near the front. "I hope the others get here so we can start."

message 5: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Professor Istriz nodded, tapping her wand in the direction of the board. Numbers and letters, jumbled in advanced equations, rearranged themselves to a more orderly, complacent form.

((Do you want him in a more advanced Arithmancy, or beginners?))

message 6: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((I figured there was just an Arithmancy class in general, but he would be in advanced cuz he's a smart Ravenclaw))
The numbers arranged themselves into an obvious Fibonacci sequence: 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,etc.
He wrote this down. The letters arranged themselves into a basic algebraic equation: AB + CD = CD + AB

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 8158 comments Mod
((Every class is based on year. >_<))

message 8: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

[Shall we say the class has started? I can bring someone else in, too.]

message 9: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

EJ Luv Zombie wrote: "Apollo walked into Arithmancy with a wide smile and a deep yearning to learn the deep dark secrets of the numerical world."

[Wait a minute, just realized... don't you mean Sam?]

message 10: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((Oh my god, I mixed up my charries... AGAIN!))

message 11: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

[That's quite alright, I do it all the time. Especially roleplaying in another group when my character's named 'Trish' and I'm roleplaying with Thera. Than I end up using 'Thera' as my character name. ;D]

message 12: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Thera *Hybrid Theory Lover* wrote: "[Flippin' hilarious. ;)]"

[Seriously, every time, I have to keep correcting myself.]

message 13: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((Well, it's corrected now)) He finished writing down the notes, but kept his quill ready, just-in-case.

message 14: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Magdalena (Maggie or Magtail) wrote: "[Shall we say the class has started? I can bring someone else in, too.]"

[Do you want a classmate to come in, or just NPCs?]

message 15: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((Either way works... I might go to bed soon))

message 16: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Atalanta made her way into the Arithmancy classroom, nodding at the professor and seating herself next to the only other student in the room so far.

message 17: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "Hello, I'm Sam," he held out his hand.

message 18: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Atalanta took it, smiling warmly at her classmate. "Atalanta. Nice to meet you," she said. Most of her Gryffindor friends thought Arithmancy was a waste of time, so maybe she'd make a new friend or two in this class. It didn't hurt that mos of the class would probably be Ravenclaw, either.

message 19: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "By your robes, I take it you're a Gryffindor. I'm a Ravenclaw, but I was almost put into Gryffindor," he explained.

message 20: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

"That's right. My brother and dad are Ravenclaws, though. I can tell you they were quite surprised at my Sorting." Atalanta pulled out a quill and bottle of ink, a roll of parchment, and her textbook, laying them neatly on het desk and sucking on her quill tip. Turning in her chair, she smiled. "So we were almost Housemates, one way or the other."

message 21: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "Mine are surprised at some of the things I do... I love to duel and play Quidditch which is strange to them. They would rather study spells whereas I like to practice them. The only reason I'm in Ravenclaw is because I'm bright," he said as he dipped his quill in some ink. "I take it you are one of the smarter Gryffindors, then?"

message 22: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (last edited Oct 23, 2011 08:58AM) (new)

"I suppose you could say that. I'm on the Quidditch team, as a Chaser," Atalanta explained, "but I love Astronomy, which is why I'm in this class. Arithmancy can help me with my star charts and such."
She dipped her quill into her ink, a dark purple color she'd gotten in Hogsmeade on her last visit, and started copying down some of the first notes on the board.

message 23: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "That's a beautiful color," he said commenting on the color of the ink. "I'm a healer. I'm in love with herbology, charms, and potions. I know as many healing spells as I can find."

He opened his book to chapter 13 entitled: Fibonacci, the Mathemagician.

message 24: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

[:D Mathemagician]

Atalanta smiled again. "I'm none too good with those. I couldn't cure a boil if I tried, let alone heal a broken bone or deep cut."

She opened to the same chapter, interested to find that, while Fibonacci was a wizard in his own right, his works were well known to Muggles. "I didn't know Muggles knew about Fibonacci," she commented, writing down a quick few notes on the matter.

message 25: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "He was famous all around the world for his work with arithmancy," Sam said. "I'm sure with training, you could become a marvelous healer. Do you like to duel?"

message 26: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (last edited Oct 23, 2011 12:36PM) (new)

Atalanta nodded. "Maybe if I worked hard… but we can't all be good at everything, can we?" She then slipped her quill into the ink once more.

"But dueling? Oh, yes. As long as nobody gets seriously hurt," she said, stressing the word "seriously" as if anyone a little roughed up was no big deal.

"You? Or would you rather be the one helping us knuckeheads to the hospital wing afterwards?" she added, teasingly.

message 27: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "Then how about after class we have a small duel," he asked. "I'm pretty defensively with distraction techniques, but my offense needs works."

message 28: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

[Sorry I didn't warn you--I had to go to church.]

"Deal. Then maybe I'll teach you a jinx or two if you teach me how to heal myself up afterwards." Atalanta grinned, looking forward to her free period now. She was just planning on zooming around the Quidditch pitch for a while, anyway.

message 29: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((It's okay))
Sam grinned. "Deal."

message 30: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Atalanta smiled to herself. She hadn't had a duel in a little while, and it'd be nice to warm herself up. Besides--since her brother had left Hogwarts, Atalanta had started spending less and less time with Ravenclaws. Their wit and dry humor reminded her of Davy.

message 31: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "When do think the bell will ring?" he asked.

message 32: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

"I'm sure it's not long n--" Atalanta started, but was interrupted by the loud bell sounding throughout the castle.

"Well, it seems somebody's got a case of premonition."

message 33: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "Apparently I do," he smiled. "Now where to duel...?"

message 34: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Atalanta gathered her things, shoving them into her bag. "Well, we can't really do anything in the open, but I might know a place. It's a little stretch of land on the east side of the lake. It's hidden from view by a stand of trees, and us Gryffindors use it for dueling all the time. You've just got to promise to keep it a secret."

message 35: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "Zut alours!" he said. "Lead the way..."

message 36: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

[Pouf?]

message 37: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((pouf?))

message 38: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

[^_^ Yeah, 'poof' to the lake. But 'pouf' is funnier. :D]

message 39: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((Okay, then POUF!))