goodreads gamers discussion

Geometry Wars comes out tomorrow!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (DesireeBee) | 7 comments I've been totally hooked on this game ever since I got my 360 a year ago. I even bought a DS to play the sequel. Finally, a new version for xbla. Don't think I'll be doing much reading after today!

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric | 34 comments Mod
haha...awesome. so what kind of game is it. from what i've seen, is it similar to the old school asteroids?

also, if you want a fun game on xbla you should check out puzzle quest. good mix of bejeweled and an "rpg".

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman Im a Geo Wars fiend and the sequel is a must buy. Dont sleep on the Wii version either, it actually trumps the Live version. Dont even get me started on Puzzle Quest. I played it on DS, my cell, and non-stop on XBLA. I just got the expansion for it last week and already dumped a few hours into it.

Shoot me a 360 friend request. Gamertag is xxTUMExx

message 4: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (DesireeBee) | 7 comments Hmmmm, a little disappointed with the new Geo Wars. It is part of a category that is typically called "twin stick shooters". You move with one stick and fire with the other. This version offers several new modes and even online play.... I was able to unlock all the modes, I wouldn't say that I am partial to any of them, yet... I would get the Wii version, but I don't have a Wii, yet!

I saw that there was an update to Puzzle Quest. I have had this one in my psp and played the crap out of it. Still haven't finished it. Didn't know if I wanted to start over from scratch on the 360!

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman Disappointed? I love the new Geo Wars and have been at it obsessively since it dropped. The new modes are all fresh and I could be riding high on self inflicted hype, but its becoming one of my fave games ever. It might just be the old-school gamer mentality in me though. Shootin' shapes!!

message 6: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (DesireeBee) | 7 comments I was disappointed at first. I found it incredibly easy to unlock all the modes and get 1 million in each of them. Since I like to play for achievements, I wish there were more that would make me want to play for higher scores. I have been trying to get rebound, wax on and the king pacifism achievement. Not to mention sequence, which I am not very good at! It just took me a while to get used to the new modes, now I am loving it!

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman Im an achievement fiend myself. My gamerscore is standing strong at 27,302.

message 8: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (DesireeBee) | 7 comments I'm only about 1/10 of that! Just watched a video of how to get the smile achievement in Geo2. Here is the link:
http://ah.roosterteeth.com/home.php
They make it look SO easy!

If you want to friend me on xbla, I am OzziesDreamer.

message 9: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (DesireeBee) | 7 comments Tom,
You are definitely the Geo2 champ! I almost caught up to you on King, only to have you raise your score AGAIN! I was surprised to see that I am ahead of you in Geo1 though.... heehee!

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman Im in a heated battle with a friend for high score supremecy and the stakes are a sushi lunch, so I keep getting pushed to rasie my score. I love this game, but I get so tense while playing it and I feel like a ball of stress afterwards.