The Vampire Diaries discussion

e-reader?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 1453 comments Mod
Do you use one? are you planning to get one?

There are many different types out there. Some of the most popluar type of e-reader is the Kindle ( from amazon).

I myself bought the Kobo e-reader...its not bad lasts a long time between recharges and you can carry over a hundred books on one device. Onlly downside i have is that it doesn't display to me what page number on on overall. it tells me how many pages in the chapter but not an acutall page number (not useful when you want to put an update on where you are in the book)

message 2: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments hmm. e-reader? never heard of it but I think it's cool to have one though I have my phone so I think I don't need one. ^^ I have e-book in my phone. That's where I read books. :)

message 3: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

do you have an iphone by chance?

message 4: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Nope. Just a regular phone. ^^

message 5: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

oh okay...it works LOL

message 6: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments hmm. have you heard of gallery.mobile9.com? that's where i downloaded all my ebooks. :)

message 7: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

are they the magic word...free? lol

message 8: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments haha. :)) Yeah. It's free. ^^ :D

message 9: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

ooo okay awesome I have to look into it more then.

but you think i can put them on the kobo e-reader...I wonder...they should all be the same...like pdf files right?

message 10: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments Hmm. I'm not really familiar with kobo e-reader... if you say pdf.. it's more of an application than pdf. hmm. maybe you can try. ^^ :D

message 11: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I see....I can always try though.

message 12: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments I've never really been into reading a book from a device. I know much people think that books are a waste of paper. But I feel at times as if technology takes away the fun from books. I'm more of a hands on person and love to turn pages... seems wierd. But hey! that's me. :)

message 13: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I like books but I don't have the room any more :( or else i would keep buying books. that is the only problem I have with books.

message 14: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments Yeah, but that makes me wanna keep buying. LOL. I like to see my bookshelf get bigger, and make my brother's add another board to it. Haha.

message 15: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

lol! Maybe when I buy my house I will have my own "library" room.

message 16: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments I always dreamed to have a lots of books inside my room. :D

message 17: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments i've always wanted to have my own library room too. I will love to see a room full of shelves with all my books. yup!

message 18: by ari (new)

ari (angelicgay) i have a ereader. it is a kindle 3. in fact, i am using it to write this comment (mine has internet)! the kindle 3 is great to use. it has no backlight so you can read it in the sun!! i luv mine. i use it all the time. the kindle 3 can store ova 3,500 books!! i am obseesed with mine! u can buy books from the amazon store on the kindle!! u can also go on the internet on it for free!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jennifersbooklist) | 10 comments I have a Libre ebook Pro. It's a nice basic reader with lots of features and a good price. I love the thing. I get all my YA paranormal Twilight-type things on it, so I don't have a million series lying around. I still buy books, though. Can't take an e-reader in the tub.

message 20: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

They are awesome, it's cool that you can write a comment on here using the kindle.

@that is probably a down side to using a e reader!

does anyone have different sites were they buy or get books free on the internet?

:)