Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Members' Writing > Rae's Writing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments OKay, so I would REALLY like your opinions on my writing. PWEASE!!! lolz.

Best Friends
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/5...
It's a poem I wrote last year for this group's poem contest, actually. I really like it, and it doesn't really tell how amazing my bestie is, but I can't put that into words.

Second Generation Demi-Gods
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/6...
A fanfiction for Percy Jackson that I haven't updated in a while, but opinions are wanted and you may give me some inspiration as to what to write next. :)

Regrets
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...
a poem i wrote this summer when i was ending a friendship that wasn't all that great.......It was tough, but I'm makin' it through.

Little Princess
Just a little poem I scribbled down the other day while in the car with my dad when we were going t pick up my sister and bring her home for Christmas.

Fire Sisters
Okay, for all you fans of Shannon Hale (and those who aren't) this is a poem inspired by the BoB characters Isi, Enna, and Dasha.

Please give me feedback- it'd help me immensely!

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) I really love them all, but of course, I like the Percy Jackson fanfic! And the best friends poem. Nice work, you're a great writer! :)

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Your stuff is all REALLY good!

Being the ultimate Percabeth fan doesn't seem to fit with the fanfic, though. (It was still very good)

message 4: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments hahaha. thanks guys. lolz

Kate: hahahaa, it was just an idea i had. (and i've been meaning to change my name [its getting old] but i have no idea what to change it to. lolz)

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Got it. Great writing either way.

message 6: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments hahaa. thanks. (and i finally decided on a good new name! lolz)

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I like the new name. :)

message 8: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments That's pretty cool how poetry works. I actually wrote it for the poetry writing contest in this group, but it was inspired by my best friend who move to a completely different state 2 years ago. She comes back during the summer for a little while, but it's hard at times. :P

message 9: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Another poem:

Right now the title hasn't been decided, but feedback is appreciated. :)

message 10: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments *blushes* is it rude of me to say that i don't think im amazing and swear to you that im not trying to get attention?

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Nope. But you're wrong. You are amazing.

message 12: by Rebekah Faith (last edited Jan 20, 2011 02:00PM) (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments :) *gets ready to tell Kate off* .....*stops for unknown reason* *wonders what reason is*

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Because deep down you know it's true

message 14: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments *blushes* Maybe. but at the surface i dont. :)

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I wouldn't if I were you either. But I'm me, so I do know.

message 16: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Ah, Kate! That was great. :)

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Thanks.

(so are you. don't kill me for saying it)

message 18: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments *rolls eyes* -sigh-

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments You can't win this one.

message 20: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments -sighs- I know. I'm trying though.....and failing.

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yes, you definitely are.

message 22: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Hahha, you're so nicee. :)

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Why, thank you :P

message 24: by Mary (new)

Mary | 30 comments Awesome writing!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Thanks, MarySue.

You are quite welcome, Kate.

message 26: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments I will...maybe. I haven't written any in it since May and i dunno if I can xcontinue it. lolz. I have a problem of starting stories and then (even if i get ideas) having no idea how to write the next part. But I DO have the rest of it (so far) posted on fanfiction.net . Here's the link to the next chapter, i'm to busy right now to post it on GR at the moment: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5755101/3...

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I know the feeling. What you have written is really good though. (Including the fanfic part)

message 28: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments That's what everyone has said, but it's not prompting me to write like I think it should.

message 29: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yup, that happens to me too. Writer's block is a hard thing to beat no matter what.

I'm supposed to write a mystery by Friday, and I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I'm writing.

message 30: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments It definitely is. Why are you supposed to write a mystery by Friday?

message 31: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments It's my homework for English class.

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments AND we're in the middle of midterm week (well, midterm decade) too.

message 33: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Ah. How long does it have to be? lolz. I thought midterm week was never gonna end (ours got dragged out by snowdays too) but it did like 2 weeks ago. Now we have Catholic Schools week. (and before you wonder, I'm not Catholic, I'm united methodist, just going to the school since i had the option because my dad works here)

message 34: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yeah, that makes sense. I go to a public school, but a bunch of hte kids live in different towns but go to our school since their parents work there.

They've started to cancel some of our midterms, since we are now starting school on Thursday no matter what, which means if we have another snow day tomorrow, I don't have a midterm for my social studies class.

My story has to be a minimum of three pages and a maximum of ten, with a recommended amount of five. So really as long as I want it to be. Literally, she told us: "write a mystery by the second day that we have class" and almost nothing else.

message 35: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Yeah, a lot of people from several counties over go to my school, but there isn't a specific district for our school, being private and all. :)

geez! I would get tired of all those snowdays, personally.

OKay, that's ridiculous, kinda. lolz. It IS a lot to write when you don't know what to write.

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I've started to get tired of them, although I still like the snow. It's so pretty. And we only have five before they start taking days from vacation. Today was our sixth snow day, which means we just lost the Friday before Memorial Day, I think.

message 37: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments That stinks. We've only had a few snow days, but we're already not getting out the friday before Memorial day like we were supposed to before we got the snow.

message 38: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments After that, they most likely take away from President's week. Then April break.

message 39: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Huh. They decided that they wouldn't take away our Spring Break, so we have to go days in the summer, but we still get out before the public schools.

message 40: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Lucky. Do you start earlier too?

message 41: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments About a week, so I have to go earlier then my sister, but I also get out earlier and have days off that she doesn't get.

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments So you go to private school but your sister goes to public?

message 43: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Yeah. I've gone to public schools every year until this one. And I would still be in public school this year if my dad didn't teach at the school I go to. We get the choice because he works there.

message 44: by Kate (last edited Feb 01, 2011 03:24PM) (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Got it. For us, I guess cause it's public, if your parent works in the district, you can go to any school in the district, although some people don't choose to until high school.

message 45: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Huh, yeah, I haven't really had to worry about districts cause I've known which school I'm going to next every year and haven't had to make a choice on which school until this past summer.

message 46: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I've never had to make a choice either. The district tells me. I must obey. :P

message 47: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments :) It's generally the best choice.

message 48: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yes, yes it is. This way they don't get mad at me.

message 49: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Yeah, cause that would be bad.

message 50: by Allyssa (new)

Allyssa | 67 comments Rae you are a very good writer! I really think you shoul continue Second Generations Demi-gods. I want to read more! And have you seen Gnomeo and Juliet?

« previous 1