Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > Has anyone read Shana Abe's The Dream Thief?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber  | 13 comments I picked up this book at the library and just realized that it is the second book in a series. Can I read this book before the first one The Smoke Thief, or do I need to read the first one to understand what is going on?

message 2: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB I just finished The Smoke Thief last night and was going to read The Dream Thief next. From the description, the hero in The Dream Thief is a character that originated in book 1.

I tend to be a sticker for reading in order, but your milage may vary.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber  | 13 comments I usually am to, but I picked it up and it looked pretty good so now I don't want to wait to read it!

message 4: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB Well, if nobody else responds before I get the chance -- I will come back and let you know after I finish book 2 :)

message 5: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Hmmm, I understand your dilemma, Amber. These are great books. Dream Thief is related to book one, but you won't be missing any information, if I recall correctly. You will only be missing Zane as a child. Otherwise, you can go right ahead. In fact, I might even say that book one is better read as a prequel after the rest, since books two, three, four, and five are more closely related to each other than book one is to any of the rest.

(Btw, don't read the book descriptions before you read the books. Spoilers.)

message 6: by Minnow (new)

Minnow | 4 comments You'll be fine reading Dream Thief first but then I'd go back and read Smoke Thief - it was one of my favorites of the series.

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber  | 13 comments Ok, thanks everyone!

message 8: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 566 comments I'm reading Smoke Thief right now. I'll wait until I'm done before I order Dream Thief from the library.