The Cries Of Vampira Saga discussion

What are your thoughts on the Twilight Saga?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean (new)

Sean Robertson (seanhrobertson) | 36 comments Mod
Since I've been writing this saga for over a year, I've seen the first two films, but cannot read any Vampire books, because I want my story to be unique from all the rest. But, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

message 2: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) I loved the first 3 books in this saga. Towards the end of Eclipse, the story started to go haywire. Breaking dawn was a bit of a mess. You really lost a lot of the main characters due to the introduction of all these new people for a showdown that never really went down. Also, the whole baby thing from a vampire didn't ring true. But all in all, I enjoyed the Twilight Saga.

message 3: by L. (new)

L. Wallace | 3 comments Never read the books, saw the first movie and thought 'huh, good movie to catch the romantic heart of a young girl'. Something that I would have mooned over as a teen but not now.

message 4: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) I think that seeing the movies before reading the book enhanced the book appeal for me. I was cleaning my house late at night and Twilight was on Showtime. I took a break to watch a few minutes and ended up seeing the whole first movie. Then I borrowed New Moom from my local library the next day. Then decided to go to the $1 movie and catch Eclipse.
THEN, I was so intrigued that I bought all 4 books. When I was reading the book, the characters had the face and mannerisms (of the actors) so it was like the book was brought to life. Also, the book filled in a lot of gaps.
Especially in New Moon, when Bella kept seeing Edward talking to her and telling her that she "promised" no to do anything reckless. I thought, if he could see she was in trouble why wasn't he coming to rescue her. The book cleared all that up for me.
As I said before Breaking Dawn was pretty bad. It went against all the things the actor set up in the first couple of books.
I also thought that Leah and Jacob should have been explored as a couple. A vampire child and an Alpha werewolve just cannot co-exist as a couple PERIOD.

Anyway,
I am a mother of 2, in my thirties, and I enjoyed the books. Not necessarily because it was the best piece of literature, but the love story was good, intriguing and had great possibilities.

You should try reading Larissa Ione's books. I really enjoyed her Demonica Series. I was very impressed.

message 5: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Never loved it...

message 6: by SATIN SUE (new)

SATIN SUE     | 1 comments i loved the twilight books but i think the films were a really big let down. I must admit that Bella wasnt my fav character, she got on my nerves, she was to fickle.

message 7: by Carmen (new)

Carmen (carmenbie) Okay, okay - Twilight = The Big Question.
I freaking LOVED them when I read them for the first time. I was a huge addict, and everything about the world was amazing. Well that was until I saw New Moon the movie. The whole thing just turned for me. Because I realized it was not about the love between Edward and Bella anymore, it was only about how hot Robert Pattinson is, and Taylor Lautners body. Boo hoo! From that day on I started to realize that the books are actually really poorly written :-D Something I hadn't really realized before because I was blinded by my teenage girl side. Hee hee. Also I really don't like that many of the characters. Especially Bella and Jacob. Jacob may just be the worst character ever written, because he's not annoying in the challenging way, he is just plain annoying! And Bella... Oh, Bella why does everybody love you so much? Not just Edward and Jacob, but also all the boys from your school seem to find you so, so interesting. And why? All you do is whine, and you're never even grateful for all the times the Cullen's save your life. You didn't have any friends in california, but here everybody is dying to go out with you. Really, it just doesn't make any sense. Its just what every teenage girl wish happened to them, which is good for a while, but when you think about it, it is kind of ridiculous. To Stephenie Meyers credit though, she has described the love between Edward and Bella very beautifully, which is enough for the first book, but then it just started going down hill... But its not really about the vampires to be honest :-D Its about the looooooove... Although the whole Volturi thing is pretty cool. If just the whole series had been about them - she should totally have explored them more, it could have been awesome! But she's clearly avoiding confrontation scenes, so I guess that would be kind of impossible :-D Sorry for the long post! I have a lot to say about Twilight XD

message 8: by Sean (new)

Sean Robertson (seanhrobertson) | 36 comments Mod
Carmen wrote: "Okay, okay - Twilight = The Big Question.
I freaking LOVED them when I read them for the first time. I was a huge addict, and everything about the world was amazing. Well that was until I saw New M..."

Thank you so much for your post, Carmen. I love reading, especially posts from readers about books that pertain to my books genre. Have you read any of my 'Cries of Vampira' novellas yet?

message 9: by Carmen (new)

Carmen (carmenbie) Sean wrote: "Carmen wrote: "Okay, okay - Twilight = The Big Question.
I freaking LOVED them when I read them for the first time. I was a huge addict, and everything about the world was amazing. Well that was un..."

No I'm sorry I haven't had the time yet. So many books to read, so little time!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved them, i first read them last january and read 3 times since then. These are the first paranomal books I have read and i am so glad I did because it has opend me up to a whole new genre and it's all I read now.