Readers Out of Carolina discussion

Looking for book club in the Spartanburg area

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 1 comments I know this is a Greenville based group...does anyone know of any book clubs in the Spartanburg area?

Or perhaps on online book club? There are so many on good reads, I'm not sure where to start.

I usually like quality, contemporary fiction, not chick lit. I might be willing to try some classics if motivated by a group discussion to make it fun.

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (cmptrdwg) | 3 comments I'm not really aware of any book clubs around here. I don't really join book clubs because my reading time is usually limited.

Have you ever read any books by Kelly Moran. I read a book of hers about a month ago called When The Leaves Stop Falling. I wouldn't really call it chick lit. It was definitely a love story, but it was so much more.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura This response is months after the fact, but if you're still interested in meeting up for a book club to meet at the Books A Million in Gville, which may be a bit of a drive for you, but... I'm trying to get one started! The goodreads.com group name is Greenville Novel Readers... for lack of anything more creative. At least look at the books I've posted as possibilities, and check out my profile to see if maybe you'd be interested... dates are all TBA, as this is VERY early stages... but please respond! The more interest I get, the sooner we can get this going!

message 4: by Caird4books (new)

Caird4books | 1 comments I am moving to Greer next month and would love to join this group if its still active!

message 5: by Lola (new)

Lola Arnold (lolafayearnold) | 2 comments I am new to goodreads.com.....would love to introduce you to my work as an author.....Lola Faye Arnold....OUT WITH THE TIDE