SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Member Lists > Amy's Torture Chamber

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Literary Ames (last edited Mar 03, 2011 05:16PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments See this Amy...

Evil Santa will torture you horribly next Christmas if you don't comply with the below Rules For Reading in 2011.

In 2011:
*There is a target of 175 books to be read this year. (Target was 144 in 2010, 165 read) However, this # is not a priority.
*The focus is on ploughing through the books I own and those I’ve been dying to read for a long time.

By priority:
1) books all ready own
2) books in series all ready started
3) books on the must-try list
4) books from controversial-taboo shelf
5) books by/from male authors shelf
6) books from classics shelf

Exceptions (X)
a) BOMs (books of the month in GR groups)
b) AOMs (books by authors of the month in GR groups)
c) New Releases
d) Books in challenges entered in 2010.

Any challenges entered in 2011 must comply with the above.

Remember. Evil Santa.

He's watching you.

message 2: by Literary Ames (last edited Apr 03, 2011 03:12PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Under Exception d, challenges entered in 2010, ending in 2011.

"I Spy" Title Challenge - Duration: August 1, 2010 - July 31, 2011

23 of 24 Read

1. Color - Blue Moon ★★☆☆☆ Aug 14
2. A number - One Eye Open ★★★☆☆ Aug 4
3. Things that grow - Body & Soul ★★★☆☆ Mar 24
4. Four Seasons - Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night ★★★☆☆ Aug 28
5. First Name - Nadia's Curse ★★★★☆ Oct 9
6. Place - Ghost Town ★★★★☆ Oct 29
7. Body Part - The Tell-Tale Heart ★★★★☆ Aug 4
8. Weapon - The Poison Throne ★★★☆☆ Aug 22
9. Body of Water - Bayou Moon ★★★★★ Oct 3
10. Form of Water - My Snow White ★★★☆☆ Jan 31
11. Product of Fire - Fire Me Up ★★★☆☆ Aug 2
12. Heavenly Body - Beneath a Rising Moon ★★★★☆ Sep 8
13. Architecture - Camp Hell ★★★★☆ Mar 28
14. Five Senses - Scent of Darkness ★★★★☆ Aug 17
15. Royal Title - The Rebel Prince: Moorehawke Trilogy, Book 3 ★★★★☆ Oct 6
16. Family Member - Prophecy of the Sisters ★☆☆☆☆ Nov 2
17. 4 Elements - Light My Fire ★★★☆☆ Aug 3
18. Time of Day - The Stroke of Midnight ★★★☆☆ Mar 25

19. Metal - The Iron Hunt

20. Emotion - Play of Passion ★★★★★ Nov 6
21. Animal/Insect - Mockingjay ★★★★★ Aug 25
22. Something to Read - The Tale of the Vampire Bride ★★★★☆ Sep 14
23. Gender Identifier - Enchanting the Lady ★★★☆☆ Aug 12
24. Paranormal Being - Green Eyed Demon ★★★★☆ Jan 5

Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1) by Lori Handeland One Eye Open (Silhouette Intimate Moments #1301) by Karen Whiddon Body & Soul (PsyCop) by Jordan Castillo Price Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Nadia's Curse (Werewolf Saga) by Steven E. Wedel Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe The Poison Throne (The Moorehawke Trilogy, #1) by Celine Kiernan Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews My Snow White by Brindle Chase Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister Beneath a Rising Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, #1) by Keri Arthur Camp Hell (PsyCop) by Jordan Castillo Price Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd The Rebel Prince (Moorehawke Trilogy, #3) by Celine Kiernan Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink Light My Fire (Aisling Grey Guardian, #3) by Katie MacAlister The Stroke of Midnight (PsyCop, #3.1) by Jordan Castillo Price The Iron Hunt (Hunter Kiss, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1) by Kathryne Kennedy Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3) by Jaye Wells

"Firsts" Challenge - Duration: July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011

9 of 12 Read

July 2010 Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston ★★★☆☆ Jul 4 - Also read: Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Inside Out (Inside Out, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

August 2010 One Eye Open (Silhouette Intimate Moments #1301) by Karen Whiddon ★★★☆☆ Aug 4
Also read: The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain 13 to Life (13 to Life, #1) by Shannon Delany Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1) by Kathryne Kennedy Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1) by Lori Handeland Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan The Poison Throne (The Moorehawke Trilogy, #1) by Celine Kiernan The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting

September 2010 Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning ★★☆☆☆ Sep 5 -
Also read Beneath a Rising Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, #1) by Keri Arthur Sins of the Heart (Otherkin trilogy, #1) by Eve Silver The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning The First Days (As The World Dies A Zombie Trilogy, #1) by Rhiannon Frater Crave (Crave, #1) by Melinda Metz The Fallen Volume 1 (The Fallen & Leviathan) by Thomas E. Sniegoski Stolen Fury (Stolen, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Moonlight (Dark Guardian, #1) by Rachel Hawthorne

October 2010 Staked (Void City, #1) by J.F. Lewis ★★☆☆☆ Oct 17

November 2010 Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink ★☆☆☆☆ Nov 2 - Also read Half Past Dead (Includes The Blades of the Rose, Prequel; Guardians of the Dark, #1) by Zoe Archer

December 2010 *smack!* Bad girl!

January 2011 Sleeping With the Wolf (After the Crash, #1) by Maddy Barone ★★★★☆ Jan 8 Also read I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)  by Dan Wells Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price

February 2011 William Walker's First Year of Marriage A Horror Story by Matt Rudd ★★☆☆☆ Feb 3 - Also read Noble Intentions (Noble, #1) by Katie MacAlister I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore Werelove Dusk Conspiracy (Volume 1) by Lakisha Spletzer Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley

March 2011 A Perfect Darkness (Offspring, #1) by Jaime_Rush ★★☆☆☆ Mar 1 -also read Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley

April 2011 The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong ★★★☆☆ Apr 2

"I Second That" Challenge - Duration: August 1, 2010 - July 31, 2011

6/12 Read
August 2010
- Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister ★★★☆☆ Aug 2 --> Also read A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole

September 2010 - Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning ★★★☆☆ Sep 7 - Also read: Beneath a Darkening Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, # 2) by Keri Arthur Fighting to Survive (As The World Dies A Zombie Trilogy, #2) by Rhiannon Frater The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston The Fallen Volume 1 (The Fallen & Leviathan) by Thomas E. Sniegoski

October 2010 Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews ★★★★☆ Oct 3 - Also read: The Crowded Shadows (The Moorehawke Trilogy, #2) by Celine Kiernan Rage (Horsemen of the Apocalypse, #2) by Jackie Kessler

November 2010 - *smack* Bad girl!

December 2010 - *smack* Bad girl!

January 2011 - Outside In (Inside Out, #2) by Maria V. Snyder ★★★★☆ Jan 4. Good girl! Have a lolly.

February 2011 - Mr. Monster (John Cleaver, #2) by Dan Wells ★★★☆☆ Feb 17

March 2011 - Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley ★★★★☆ Mar 12 – Also read: Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) by Jordan Castillo Price Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments OMG! I'm LMAO over here, Missy! You are too funny! Now that I know your Christmas Carol'ish reading plan for 2011, I'll do my best to help ya keep on track. Love the exception list, especially C. ;)

Good luck!! You can do it! You must! Remember. Evil Santa. He's watching you.

message 4: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments LOL! Thanks Steph! I wanted to be strict but with enough wiggle room to stop me from straying from the path or abandoning my rules completely. Hopefully I've got a good balance.

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments I think you've done just that, now to stick to it. :)

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23914 comments You're a classic Ames!! Keep up the good work.

message 7: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Thanks, I think! Lol!

message 8: by Literary Ames (last edited Apr 02, 2011 01:43PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments 2011 Challenges (those last more than a month)

Joined SOS Self-Challenge: A-Z Series - Duration: January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011

15 of 26 read

A - After the Crash - Sleeping With the Wolf ★★★★☆ Jan 8
B - Broken Heart Vampires - I'm the Vampire, That's Why ★★★☆☆ Mar 4
C - Chaos Walking (prequel) - The New World ★★★★★ Jan 17 (Kindle freebie)
D Dark Swan, Dorina Basarab, Dream Catcher, Demonica, Damask Circle
E Elemental Assassin, Evernight
F Fever, Forest of Hands and Teeth, Fallen, First Law
G - Guild Hunter - Archangel's Consort ★★★☆☆ Jan 26
H - Hunter Kiss
I - Inside Out - Outside In ★★★★☆ Jan 4
J -John Cleaver - I Am Not a Serial Killer ★★★★☆ Jan 22
K Kate Daniels, Kitty Norville, Kushiel’s Legacy, Kiesha’ra
L - Lorien Legacies - I Am Number Four ★★☆☆☆ Feb 9
M - The Modern Faerie Tales - Tithe ★★☆☆☆ Mar 3
N - Noble - Noble Intentions ★★★★★ Feb 6
O - OffspringA Perfect Darkness ★★☆☆☆ Mar 1
P - Pride - The Mane Attraction ★★★★★ Jan 19
Q
R - Rachel Morgan - Pale Demon ★★★☆☆ Jan 16
S - Sabina Kane - Green Eyed Demon ★★★★☆ Jan 5
T - 13 to Life - Secrets and Shadows ★★★☆☆ Mar 17
U Unearthly, Undead
V Veil –Through the Veil, Vampire Huntress Legend -Minion
W - Werelove -Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy ★★★☆☆ Feb 14
X
Y
Z

Sleeping With the Wolf (After the Crash, #1) by Maddy Barone I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley The New World by Patrick Ness Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh Outside In (Inside Out, #2) by Maria V. Snyder I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)  by Dan Wells I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black Noble Intentions (Noble, #1) by Katie MacAlister A Perfect Darkness (Offspring, #1) by Jaime_Rush The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3) by Shelly Laurenston Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3) by Jaye Wells Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany Werelove Dusk Conspiracy (Volume 1) by Lakisha Spletzer

Joined SOS Back to the Future - Duration: January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011

22 of 33 read

2011 (7/11)

1. Outside In ★★★★☆ Jan 4
2. Green Eyed Demon ★★★★☆ Jan 5
3. Pale Demon ★★★☆☆ Jan 14
4. Archangel's Consort ★★★☆☆ Jan 26
5. Lucien's Gamble: A Novella From Bad Boys Ahoy! ★★★★★ Feb 5
6. Of Swine and Roses ★★★★☆ Mar 7
7. Primal Bonds ★★★★☆ Mar 12

Outside In (Inside Out, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3) by Jaye Wells Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh Lucien's Gamble A Novella From Bad Boys Ahoy! by Sylvia Day Of Swine and Roses by Ilona Andrews Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley

2010 (8/10)

1. Sleeping With the Wolf ★★★★☆ Jan 8
2. The New World ★★★★★ Jan 17
3. Beasts and BFFs ★★★★☆ Jan 29
4. I Am Number Four ★★☆☆☆ Feb 9
5. Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy ★★★☆☆ Feb 14
6. Mr. Monster ★★★☆☆ Feb 17
7. Pride Mates ★★★☆☆ Feb 23
8. Bitten in Two ★★★☆☆ Mar 11

Sleeping With the Wolf (After the Crash, #1) by Maddy Barone The New World by Patrick Ness Beasts and BFFs by Shannon Delany I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore Werelove Dusk Conspiracy (Volume 1) by Lakisha Spletzer Mr. Monster (John Cleaver, #2) by Dan Wells Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7) by Jennifer Rardin

2009 (5/9)

1. I Am Not a Serial Killer ★★★☆☆ Jan 22
2. William Walker's First Year of Marriage: A Horror Story ★★☆☆☆ Feb 3
3. A Perfect Darkness ★★☆☆☆ Mar 1
4. The Mane Squeeze ★★★★★ Feb 28
5. The Stroke of Midnight ★★★☆☆ Mar 25

I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)  by Dan Wells William Walker's First Year of Marriage A Horror Story by Matt Rudd A Perfect Darkness (Offspring, #1) by Jaime_Rush The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston The Stroke of Midnight (PsyCop, #3.1) by Jordan Castillo Price

2002 (2/2) ---->[YEAR COMPLETE]

1. Noble Intentions ★★★★★ Feb 6
2. Tithe ★★☆☆☆ Mar 3

Noble Intentions (Noble, #1) by Katie MacAlister Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black

2001 (0/1)

message 9: by Literary Ames (last edited Mar 02, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments January 2011

Justification for reading in brackets.

1. Catching Caroline ★★★☆☆ Jan 2 (Own)
2. Outside In ★★★★☆ Jan 4 (NetGalley/New Release)
3. Green Eyed Demon ★★★★☆ Jan 5 (NetGalley/New Release/Free)
4. Sleeping With the Wolf ★★★★☆ Jan 8 (Own/Must Read)
5. Pale Demon ★★★☆☆ Jan 16 (New Release/NetGalley/Next in series)
6. The New World ★★★★★ Jan 17 (Own/Male Author)
7. The Mane Attraction ★★★★★ Jan 19 (Own/Next in series)
8. I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1) ★★★★☆ Jan 22 (Own/Male Author)
9. Archangel's Consort ★★★☆☆ Jan 26 (New Release/Next in series)
10. Beasts and BFFs ★★★★☆ Jan 29 (Next in series)
11. Among the Living ★★★★☆ Jan 31 (Own)
12. My Snow White ★★★☆☆ Jan 31 (Male Author)
13. That One Night In Vegas ★★☆☆☆ Jan 31 (Male Author)

Catching Caroline by Sylvia Day Outside In (Inside Out, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Green Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3) by Jaye Wells Sleeping With the Wolf (After the Crash, #1) by Maddy Barone Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison The New World by Patrick Ness The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3) by Shelly Laurenston I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)  by Dan Wells Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh Beasts and BFFs by Shannon Delany Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price My Snow White by Brindle Chase That One Night In Vegas by Brindle Chase

DNF 1) Crimson Wind ★☆☆☆☆ Jan 30 (New Release/Next in series) Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2) by Diana Pharaoh Francis

January Verdict: VERY GOOD. Only two books were not previously owned (pre-2011) or from series I'd previously started.

message 10: by Literary Ames (last edited Mar 02, 2011 04:25PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments February 2011

Justification for reading in brackets.

1. William Walker's First Year of Marriage: A Horror Story ★★☆☆☆ Feb 3 (Male Author)
2. Lucien's Gamble: A Novella From Bad Boys Ahoy! ★★★★★ Feb 5 (Free -no other reason)
3. Noble Intentions ★★★★★ Feb 6 (Own/Free)
4. I Am Number Four ★★☆☆☆ Feb 9 (Own/Male Authors)
5. The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark ★★★★★ Feb 10 (Free/Male Author)
6. Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy ★★★☆☆ Feb 14 (Own)
7. Mr. Monster ★★★☆☆ Feb 17 (Next in series / male author)
8. The Princess & the Penis ★★★☆☆ Feb 23 (Own/Male Author/Free)
9. Pride Mates ★★★☆☆ Feb 23 (Own)
10. Her Very Special Robot: Naughty Nooners ★☆☆☆☆ Feb 24 (Free -no other reason)
11. Questing Beast ★☆☆☆☆ Feb 24 (Free -no other reason)
12. Ponies ★★★★☆ Feb 25 (Free -no other reason)
13. The Mane Squeeze ★★★★★ Feb 28 (Next in series)

William Walker's First Year of Marriage A Horror Story by Matt Rudd Lucien's Gamble A Novella From Bad Boys Ahoy! by Sylvia Day Noble Intentions (Noble, #1) by Katie MacAlister I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark  by Mark Alders Werelove Dusk Conspiracy (Volume 1) by Lakisha Spletzer Mr. Monster (John Cleaver Series #2) by Dan Wells The Princess & the Penis by R.J. Silver Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Her Very Special Robot Naughty Nooners by Ann Jacobs Questing Beast by Ilona Andrews Ponies by Kij Johnson The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston

DNF 2. Unholy Ghosts ★☆☆☆☆ Feb 12 (Own) Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane

February Verdict: OKAY. 7 naughty books not previously owned or next in series, but they were all free that's something.

# of books read in 2011
Jan
13 + 1 DNF
Feb 13 + 1 DNF

TOTAL 26 + 2 DNFs

Joined SOS Genre Juice Flavours - February 2011 - Duration: February 1, 2011 - February 28, 2011

3/3 read

1. PNR -or- UF -Mr. Monster ★★★☆☆ Feb 17
2. SCI-FI - I Am Number Four ★★☆☆☆ Feb 9
3. VALENTINE'S - Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy ★★★☆☆ Feb 14

Mr. Monster (John Cleaver Series #2) by Dan Wells I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore Werelove Dusk Conspiracy (Volume 1) by Lakisha Spletzer

message 11: by Literary Ames (last edited Apr 02, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments March 2011

Justification in brackets

1. A Perfect Darkness ★★☆☆☆ Mar 1 (Own)
2. Tithe ★★☆☆☆ Mar 3 (Own)
3. I'm the Vampire, That's Why ★★★☆☆ Mar 4 (Own)
4. Speak ★★☆☆☆ Mar 5 (Own)
5. Of Swine and Roses ★★★★☆ Mar 7 (Free)
6. Bitten in Two ★★★☆☆ Mar 11 (Next in series)
7. Primal Bonds ★★★★☆ Mar 12 (Next in series)
8. Thaw ★★★★☆ Mar 15 (Next in series)
9. Criss Cross ★★★★☆ Mar 17 (Next in series)
10. Secrets and Shadows ★★★☆☆ Mar 17 (Next in series)
11. Striking Sparks ★★★★☆ Mar 19 (Next in series)
12. Many Happy Returns ★★★☆☆ Mar 19 (Next in series)
13. Mind Reader ★★★☆☆ Mar 19 (Next in series)
14. Body & Soul ★★★☆☆ Mar 24 (Next in series)
15. The Stroke of Midnight ★★★☆☆ Mar 25 (Next in series)
16. Secrets ★★★★☆ Mar 25 (Next in series)
17. Camp Hell ★★★★☆ Mar 28 (Next in series)

A Perfect Darkness (Offspring, #1) by Jaime_Rush Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson Of Swine and Roses by Ilona Andrews Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7) by Jennifer Rardin Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley Thaw (PsyCop, #1.1) by Jordan Castillo Price Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) by Jordan Castillo Price Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany Striking Sparks (PsyCop, #2.1) by Jordan Castillo Price Many Happy Returns (PsyCop, #2.2) by Jordan Castillo Price Mind Reader (PsyCop, #2.3) by Jordan Castillo Price Body & Soul (PsyCop) by Jordan Castillo Price The Stroke of Midnight (PsyCop, #3.1) by Jordan Castillo Price Secrets (PsyCop) by Jordan Castillo Price Camp Hell (PsyCop) by Jordan Castillo Price

# of books read in 2011
Jan
13 + 1 DNF
Feb 13 + 1 DNF
Mar 17

TOTAL 43 + 2 DNFs

Completed PNR & UF Book Club Book/Movie Challenge: Jan-Mar Edition - Duration: Jan 1, 2011 - Mar 30, 2011

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

1. Read the book -I Am Number Four
Finished Feb 9

2. Watch the movie -I Am Number Four
Watched Mar 2

Joined SOS Cover Hunt Mini-Challenge - March 2011 - Duration: March 1, 2011 - March 30, 2011

3/3 Read - Challenge Completed

COLOUR Green - Tithe ★★☆☆☆ Mar 3
ITEM #1 Food Item - I'm the Vampire, That's Why ★★★☆☆ Mar 4
ITEM #2 Silhouette - Secrets and Shadows ★★☆☆☆ Mar 17

Tithe (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany

message 12: by Literary Ames (last edited May 08, 2011 01:18PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments April 2011

Justification in brackets

1. GhosTV ★★★★☆ Apr 1 (Next-in-series)
2. The Gathering ★★★☆☆ Apr 2 (Next-in-series)
3. Gil's All Fright Diner ★☆☆☆☆ Apr 3 (Own)
4. A Brush of Darkness ★★★☆☆ Apr 4 (BoM)
5. Poison ★★★★☆ Apr 5 (Free)
6. The Deadliest Bite ★★★☆☆ Apr 9 (Free/NetGalley)
7. Hunting Human ★★★☆☆ Apr 17 (Free/NetGalley)
8. Bran's Story ★★★★☆ Apr 19 (Free)
9. Bite Club ★★★★★ Apr 22 (Next-in-series)
10. Circle of Fire ★★☆☆☆ Apr 23 (Own)
11. Firelight ★★☆☆☆ Apr 24 (Must-try/Cheap read)
12. Tangled Threads ★★★★☆ Apr 30 (Next-in-series)

GhosTV a PsyCop Novel by Jordan Castillo Price The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1) by Allison Pang Poison (Elemental Assassin #0.5) by Jennifer Estep The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8) by Jennifer Rardin Hunting Human by Amanda E. Alvarez Bran's Story (The Slave Breakers, #1) by Maculategiraffe Bite Club The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine Circle of Fire (Damask Circle, #1) by Keri Arthur Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep

# of books read in 2011
Jan
13 + 1 DNF
Feb 13 + 1 DNF
Mar 17
Apr 12

TOTAL 55 + 2 DNFs

Joined DSotM Down Under Wunders: The Darksiders Challenge - March 2011 - Duration: March 15, 2011 - May 15, 2011

I'm picking Keri Arthur because I all ready own a few by her. I've read the first 2 of the Riley Jenson series and both books in the Ripple Creek Werewolf duology.

1/2 read

1. Circle of Fire ★★☆☆☆ Apr 23
2. Circle of Death

Circle of Fire (Damask Circle, #1) by Keri Arthur Circle of Death (Damask Circle, #2) by Keri Arthur

Joined SOS: Fantasy Baseball Challenge - Duration: April 1, 2011 - September 30, 2011

Aaaaah! I've started so many trilogies that I haven't finished. I'm so bad.

Duration:6 months, April 1st - September 30th

1/9 Read

Trilogy #1
1. Circle of Fire ★★☆☆☆ Apr 23
2. Circle of Death
3. Circle of Desire

Circle of Fire (Damask Circle, #1) by Keri Arthur Circle of Death (Damask Circle, #2) by Keri Arthur Circle of Desire (Damask Circle, #3) by Keri Arthur

Trilogy #2
1. Storm Glass
2. Sea Glass
3. Spy Glass

Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Sea Glass (Glass, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Spy Glass (Glass, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

Trilogy #3

Contenders: The Demon's Lexicon (Demons, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan Tainted (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #1) by Julie Kenner The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Generation Dead (Generation Dead, #1) by Daniel Waters Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1) by Elizabeth Chandler The Iron Hunt (Hunter Kiss, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu

Please let me know if any of these aren't trilogies. :)