Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17347 comments Mod
What is the first movie you ever saw in the theater?
First on the VCR?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I think mine was Mary Poppins. The first one I remember anyways.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments First in the theater: ET.

First on the VCR: The Neverending Story and a bunch of Gumby shorts.

We got the VCR and a rental RV the same week in the winter of 84/85, and I couldn't get the two acronyms straight.

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11704 comments I have no idea.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Phil wrote: "I have no idea."

That could be, but what was the first movie you saw in a theatre?

message 6: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11704 comments What's a theatre? Is it anything like a theater?

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments planet of the apes at a drive-in. does that count?

VCR - had to be a show we "taped" off the TV. prob IU basketball

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Movie movie movie movie movie. Movie.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Movie.

message 10: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart First movie I saw in the theater was the Rugrats Movie, and we were twenty minutes late.

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

Larry what the hell is the point of comments like that?

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Britt-Britt wrote: "First movie I saw in the theater was the Rugrats Movie, and we were twenty minutes late."

That comment is making me age like David Bowie in The Hunger.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally wrote: "Larry what the hell is the point of comments like that?"

No point. I'll stop.

message 14: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I make my friends feel young, and I make older people feel...really old. Is there anyone my same age?

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Britt-Britt wrote: "I make my friends feel young, and I make older people feel...really old. Is there anyone my same age?"

I'm sure there is somewhere in the world.

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Must be.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Statistically, I can't imagine that there's not. We can do some math. How many people were born the same year as you?

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Misha! !!!

My first was either Ghostbusters or Annie. I think it was Annie. I was about seven for each, but I don't remember which one came out first.

message 19: by Brittomart (last edited Dec 15, 2010 01:25PM) (new)

Brittomart No, I don't mean like, literally 19 years old. I have a friend, and we share the same birthday. All of my friends are around my age, but they make me feel soooo old. Sometimes.

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Misha wrote: "Not counting the X-rated features my parents would watch at the drive-in while my sister and I were "asleep" in the back seat, the first movie I remember seeing is Star Wars (also at the drive-in)...."

There were X-rated drive-ins?

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

That just sounds skeevy.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Misha wrote: "Not counting the X-rated features my parents would watch at the drive-in while my sister and I were "asleep" in the back seat, the first movie I remember seeing is Star Wars (also at the drive-in)...."

seeing Spankenstein from the backseat was a defining experience?

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

"wee sprog" - hee!

Misha - I was fanatical about my Annie dolls. She had about seven outfits from that film. I would have DIED for one of those lockets. DIED. Then I moved onto getting all sappy about the "broken" best friends necklaces from Things Remembered in the mall and all I wanted was a best friend to share one with.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Huh. If Annie came out before ET, then that was my first movie. They were both the same year. I played Annie for the play that winter, when I was five. I didn't need to audition, since my big poof of orange curls and freckles could audition for me. I sang Tomorrow to a stuffed toy dog that I remember as being ten feet tall, but was probably not.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Mine might have been Annie as well. I have vague memories of that one, The Black Stallion and ET.

First on a VCR was probably Labrynth.

message 26: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11704 comments Larry wrote: "Sally wrote: "Larry what the hell is the point of comments like that?"

No point. I'll stop."

Stop.

message 27: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) Star Wars in the theater, Never Ending Story on VHS, Bladerunner on DVD.

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24393 comments Mod
Misha wrote: "Dolly:

"

Major crotch disturbance.

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Star Wars, I think. On a VCR, I have no idea. I've always been a late adopter so it was probably around 1995.

message 30: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) wow! my first job was at a drive-in movie theatre, but I could not tell you any of the movies that were showing. I worked there for a couple of summers and really, I can't remember one movie. I guess I was too busy making popcorn and checking out the boys.

message 31: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Star Wars at the Drive-in. I bought Wizard of Oz on VHS before I owned a VCR, so at home it was that 50th anniversary special edition.

message 32: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) My first movie in a theatre was For the Love of Ivy with Sidney Poitier. I remember it so distinctly because I wasn't allowed to go to movies. I went to a nearby town with a friend and we went to the matinee. I remember feeling a bit guilty while "eating the forbidden fruit".

message 33: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The first movie I can remember seeing in a theater was "Grizzly Adams," sometime in the early to mid 1970s. I was probably five or six. I don't really remember much about the movie other than that I saw it.

message 34: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Oooh - Wine gums and fruit gums are best from Marks and Spencers!

message 35: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Myles wrote: "Janice wrote: "I remember feeling a bit guilty while "eating the forbidden fruit"

"

JujyFruits, Hot Tamales, and Good & Plenty are my favorites!

message 36: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6033 comments First theater movie: "Swiss Family Robinson"
First VCR movie: "Female Trouble"

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Barb wrote: "Clark wrote: "First VCR movie: "Female Trouble""

That sounds like some sort of sex-ed video."

Sort of! It's John Waters.

message 38: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i don't remember my first VCR or DVD, but i do remember my first film at the theater: reign of fire. i'd seen films on big screens before but not in a theater.

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

*googles The Hunger*

message 40: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Barb wrote: "Isn't that the one with Susan Sarandon and her boobies?"

What about them?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

The very first movie I saw at the theatre was Blue Lagoon.

message 42: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6033 comments Matt wrote: "First movie: "Star Wars". It was a double feature with "Logan's Run".

I was 7, saw it at the drive-in, the beginning of a life-long love of Star Wars.

The place is now a Wal-Mart. Sigh."

I loved "Logan's Run."

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Confessions of the young. I was so excited about going to the theatre, I would have watched anything and loved it. :P

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Gail "cyborg" wrote: "The very first movie I saw at the theatre was Blue Lagoon."

Love this movie, even if the guy does have a bad fro and banana hammock.

message 45: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Which was more compelling, the original with Brooke Shields, or the Return with Milla Jovovich?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I liked both. Don't think many have seen the second though.

message 47: by Sally, la reina (new)

Original. I've said it before here, but it may have been in mini am, that movie is how I learned about sex.

message 48: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Sally wrote: "What is the first movie you ever saw in the theater?
First on the VCR?"

I'm sure I was like 2 weeks old the first time I saw a movie in the theater but the first one I remember was Bambi. I have no idea about the first movie I saw on VHS! I'll have to check and see when they came out!

message 49: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I can't find anything that jogs my memory. But I know we used to rent the VCR and the tapes for the weekend and it was big freaking deal. Like "guess what! we have a VCR this weekend! Wanna come over and watch movies??" It was a long time before we actually owned a machine.

message 50: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Isn't it amazing the changes?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.