Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Book Chat > Books That Aren't Yet Nook Books.

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
IIRC, none of the HP books are in ebook form, because of piracy concerns.

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) A few I'm waiting for are:
Dying Light by D Scott Meek
Quick Fall of Light by Sherrida Woodley
Dead End: A Zombie Novel by Anthony Giangregorio
Deadwater by Anthony Giangregorio
Dead Rain by Anthony Giangregorio
Allison Hewitt is trapped: A Zombie Novel by Madeleine Roux

message 3: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Dec 15, 2010 12:06AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I was sad too David. I really want those and The Time Traveler's Wife. I read my HP books so often that the covers and bindings are all giving way and I started The Time Traveler's Wife and liked what I read but couldn't finish it when I had it from the library. There are others but I can't remember them at the top of my head.

message 4: by Tai (new)

Tai (msglam) Some authors choose not to have their books published in e-book format. J.K. Rowling is among those authors. But there is a link on B&N to request the publisher to publish an e-book version if one is not yet available.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments I heard about that recently. I think at some point they are going to have to have e-book formats with some many e-readers coming out.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Cogdill (michaelofshe-rain) | 3 comments Right on! Writers resisting e-readers are like road builders who once opposed automobiles. The chariot of e-reading grows stronger by the day.

As a writer, I embrace e-reading with passion. It cuts the cost of reading for customers while raising margins for creators. Bring it on!!

message 7: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 80 comments I have been waiting for The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule. I keep thinking she is going to put it as an ebook, since most of her other books are. I wish she would hurry and add it.

message 8: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I don't think that it is only the Nook that is having these issues I think it is many of them. And I am not too bothered right now because since e-books are a fast growing industry I am sure that books more and more will be coming out soon. And with the new Nookcolor and Kids versions I am sure that the Eclipse will soon have Jacob's handwriting along with Edward's in the other books.

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Bartz | 5 comments David wrote: "What books do you want barnes and noble to publish on the nook.

I was very upset when i first bought my nook that the harry potter series wasn't on it."

I am in the same boat! The fist thing I tried to do was add them : ( but no they aren't on there! Apperantly i read some where Jk rowling is making more money with just the books so yeah!

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments Michael wrote: "Right on! Writers resisting e-readers are like road builders who once opposed automobiles. The chariot of e-reading grows stronger by the day.

As a writer, I embrace e-reading with passion. I..."

Woo Hoo Michael - please share that with your fellow authors - ereaders are the time of the future and everyone needs to get on board!!! :)

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (ldtchr) | 5 comments Why is is that sometimes with a series some of the books will be available and some won't?

message 12: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 80 comments Amy wrote: "Why is is that sometimes with a series some of the books will be available and some won't?" Its at the publishers discretion. I ran across the samething alittle while ago. So I just requested that they become avaliable for ebooks and it happened. I would request them.

message 13: by Deann (new)

Deann (bakerette2010) | 9 comments Was just looking for Sarah, Plain and Tall the other day, not available. But its not like I don't have plenty of other books to read.

message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarajoybrown) | 12 comments I'm a little irritated that B&N uses Jamberry to advertise what the new Nook Color can do, and then it's not actually an e-book. I was looking for it, because I wanted to get an interactive e-book or two for my two-year-old to use on the plane ride home the other day, and I couldn't find it or anything like it. I thought they were supposed to come out with interactive e-books in mid-December. Anyone hear anything about this, or see any interactive e-books that I've missed?

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments My book club has chosen two books in a row that aren't on the nook, which is annoying since three of us have eReaders. They are:

"History of Love" and
"The Assasination of Jesse James"

I bought them but find myself picking up the nook instead of the actual books.

message 16: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Phillips Sarah wrote: "My book club has chosen two books in a row that aren't on the nook, which is annoying since three of us have eReaders. They are:

"History of Love" and
"The Assasination of Jesse James"

I bo..."

I really have a hard time reading anything but e-books. Paper books of any kind do not seem to catch my interest!

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 10 comments The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

I want that book so much.

message 18: by Stewie's Mom (new)

Stewie's Mom (stewiesmom) | 10 comments Tai wrote: "Some authors choose not to have their books published in e-book format. J.K. Rowling is among those authors. But there is a link on B&N to request the publisher to publish an e-book version if one ..."

I'm hoping she will reverse this decision at some point. I have the series in HB and in audio, but I'd still pay full price all over again to get them on my Nook.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rbg23) I get irritated when it's available on the Kindle but not the nook. One of the books in a group I belong to was like that, and I didn't actually want to head to B&N to pick up the book.

message 20: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments I agree with you Kristy, I don't understand the difference - if it is available as a Kindle ebook, then it should be available in all formats, and most definetly for my Nook!!! :)

☕️Kimberly   (kimbacaffeinate) Kristy and Linda..buy it from Amazon and using calibre to convert it to epub, so you can sideload it. It's easy and free to do.

message 22: by SpritetheRight (new)

SpritetheRight calibre also can take fanfic or other doc and convert it into epub

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rbg23) Thanks Kimberly and Michelle! I'll have to look into it.

message 24: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (joyfilledspirit) | 3 comments Kimberly wrote: "Kristy and Linda..buy it from Amazon and using calibre to convert it to epub, so you can sideload it. It's easy and free to do."

How do you do this? I would think that you would have to download it to your computer to have a file to convert. I haven't figured out how to do that with an e-book purchased through amazon.

message 25: by ☕️Kimberly (last edited Jun 08, 2011 12:26PM) (new)

☕️Kimberly   (kimbacaffeinate) you can download any dmr free book and use calibre to convert to epub or az etc. You need to have kindle/b&n apps on your pc. Download to it then transfer to calibre and convert. Then sideload to your nook :)

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fireborn) | 10 comments willaful wrote: "IIRC, none of the HP books are in ebook form, because of piracy concerns."

seems like some of the Harry Potter Books have been pirated because they're not in E Book Form.. hmmm.....

message 27: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (jersysman) | 53 comments I say release all books in e format. There will always be pirates out there who will pirate anything. But, if you wait too long, I think some potential buyers will be tempted to get their books through less than legal means.

message 28: by Kenya (new)

Kenya O'Neill (kenyaownsyou) | 1 comments Tai wrote: "Some authors choose not to have their books published in e-book format. J.K. Rowling is among those authors. But there is a link on B&N to request the publisher to publish an e-book version if one ..."

Where's the link? I can't find it

message 29: by Scott (new)

Scott | 292 comments It's not there anymore. They changed the website.

message 30: by James (last edited Jun 22, 2011 11:32PM) (new)

James Phillips (jimmyjonjames) | 3 comments Papillon is not a Nook Book. I am a fan of the movie and wanted to read the book it was based on. I did click on the link to tell the publisher to make it a nook book. But who knows how much influence that really has on getting it made in the digital format.

message 31: by SpritetheRight (new)

SpritetheRight a little later this year ion is coming out with a book digitization scanner so you can make all your books ebooks.