What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > woman who neutralizes magic [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (ruinsaver) | 4 comments I have forgotten the name of the author and the book ,but remember it is an romance novel with combine authors. You know a romance novel with 3 or 4 short stories in one book. The story is a fantasy fiction for adults and I read it I believe about 1 or 2 years ago. the story is about a woman who can neutralize magic and magical objects. She belonged to a rich family from a previest marriage and the father wants to sell her to a faerie, but she runs away before that happens and so the father was killed by the faerie and her step-brother wants to catch her and make her pay for what she had done. She ends up years later working for a dealer in magical items that sell at auction and some of these items are dangerous. when the dealer leaves for a trip the son decides to sell her at the auction where she is bought by a faerie, but a fight breaks out and she and the faerie are transported to the faerie realms due to a powerful rune stone that was also for sale at the auction. Unfortunatly it is the enemy side of the faerie's realm and so they are attacked. The woman along the way falls in love with the faerie and they make love which triggers a transformation in the woman and they both find out she is half faerie herself and can turn into a dragon. Her real father finds her and she is reunited with her real family. I forget what happens after that, but that is most of the story. Please let me know if you know the name of the story, the book it was in, or the author who wrote it.

Eva (TXBookjunkie) (txbookjunkie) | 1 comments Is it Karen Chance's novella Buying Trouble in the anthology On the Prowl (Alpha and Omega:Briggs) (Inhuman:Wilks) (Buying Trouble:Chance) by Patricia Briggs, Eileen Wilks, Karen Chance, Sunny?

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (ruinsaver) | 4 comments Thank you that is the book that I was looking for.