Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Movies it's time to watch again?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aynge (last edited Dec 14, 2010 03:17PM) (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I'd forgotten what a great flick Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was until it was on USA the other night. Now I'm thinking of all the other great movies I don't own on DVD that I haven't seen in way too long:

Amadeus
The Thin Man series
Charade
The Crying Game
Silkwood
Sophie's Choice
Shallow Grave
My Left Foot

What movies do you want to see again?

message 2: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Ahhh, I watched the Crying Game on the IFC the other day. Still an enjoyable film.

Since it's the x-mas season again, I'm gearing up to watch A Christmas Story again. Not, however, 24 hours of it. Thank you, TBS, but no thank you.

message 3: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Ahhh, I watched the Crying Game on the IFC the other day. Still an enjoyable film.

Since it's the x-mas season again, I'm gearing up to watch A Christmas Story again. Not, however, 24 hours of it. Thank you, TBS, but no thank you.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) How Green was My Valley. Sigh. I love that movie. Watching it tonight.

message 5: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Aynge, I was just thinking about AMADEUS a couple of days ago. I wonder what ever happened to Tom Hulce. He was amazing in that movie. I want to watch LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL again and Ken Burns BASEBALL. While my daughter is on break we will probably have a BBT marathon and watch our favorite chick flicks together. Good times.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I haven't seen Parenthood in years. That movie has some great stuff in it that I never appreciated until becoming a parent.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments This time of year, I like sentiment and black and white. I'm not sure what that's going to center in on yet, but probably the 1930s "Little Women" will be in there. I haven't seen "It's a Wonderful Life" in a long time. That's the one they used to show on TV without ceasing but not any more. I guess it's been replaced by "A Christmas Story."

message 8: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments

[image error]

message 9: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments ha! 'the year 2000'

message 10: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Holy cow, Clark--Death Race 2000! I remember seeing it when I was a kid. Would love to see that one again.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments It's fun to watch older movies set in a future that has now passed. I watched 2001 at the dawn of 2001 and 2010 at the dawn of 2010. As I think we discussed at the beginning of the year, I'm sad that we have not yet reached the movie's vision of dolphin swimming in our homes.

message 12: by Phil (last edited Dec 15, 2010 07:30AM) (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I thought 2010 was horrible. I was this close to falling asleep in the theater.

The problem for me was that they left out HUGE chunks of the story. In the book there was a lot of character development that took place on the ship on the way out. It helped to understand the players' motivations, etc. All of that was left out of the movie. Major suckage.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments ms.petra wrote: "Aynge, I was just thinking about AMADEUS a couple of days ago. I wonder what ever happened to Tom Hulce. He was amazing in that movie. I want to watch LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL again and Ken Burns BASEBALL..."

I love Life is Beautiful Great Movie!

message 14: by Michele (last edited Dec 15, 2010 09:21AM) (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments I love the "Thin Man" series and watch them at least once every 2 years. I get a lot of dvds from my local library. And,of course, "To Kill A Mockingbird".

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments I think I'm going to watch Army of Darkness tonight

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I loooooooooooooooooooooove Army of Darkness. Did I include that in the movies-I-quote thread? I hope so.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Clark made me want to watch Warriors again.

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Stacia wrote: "Clark made me want to watch Warriors again."

That Clark is such a bully :-)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Warriors! come out and playayayaaaaayyyy...

(did I get the line right?)

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Stacia wrote: "I haven't seen Parenthood in years. That movie has some great stuff in it that I never appreciated until becoming a parent."

I tried watching it again just recently, having just become a parent. It was not as good as I recalled it being.

message 21: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Cranford! I wish Masterrpiece Theatre would play it again. I watched How Green Was my Valley last night again and still love it though I still like the book better.

message 22: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Stacia wrote: "Warriors! come out and playayayaaaaayyyy...

(did I get the line right?)"

Yes! That little weasel...

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Grand Canyon.

message 24: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
The English Patient.

message 25: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Dec 17, 2010 06:40AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Dug out an old box of VHS tapes. I used to tape all kinds of stuff when we first got cable. Here's a few I wouldn't mind watching again over Christmas:

Rabid pack of new-wave teens controls our kids, drugs, and prostitutes, displaying enough Third Reich behavior and disdain for authority along the way to make Hitler spin in his grave. Relentlessly seedy and overflowing with assault, suicide, racism, grimy sex, drug use, and crime, crime, crime.

Future detective Jack Deth has to travel back to 1985 to stop an evil mastermind and his army of trancers from killing the forefathers of tomorrow's great leaders. He also beats up a man in a Santa Claus suit.

message 26: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) did you also dig out your tight leather pants to wear while viewing this classic?

message 27: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments ms.petra wrote: "did you also dig out your tight leather pants to wear while viewing this classic?"

They went out with the trash in 1988, right before I got a real job.

message 28: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Rocky, especially since today is underdog day.

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You're due?

message 30: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Barb wrote: "I havn't watched Harold & Maude for ages ... I'm due."

That used to be one of my faves.

message 31: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Mine too.

Another great Ruth Gordon movie from about that time was "Where's Poppa?" Really captured something about New York in the '70s. Everybody was crazy...

message 32: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Barb wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "Barb wrote: "I havn't watched Harold & Maude for ages ... I'm due."

That used to be one of my faves."

That's very appropriate, because I think of Ruth Gordon whenever I ..."

Thank you, Barb.

message 33: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Just watched Psycho, which I hadn't seen in about a decade - something about Gus van Sant's misguided remake nearly ruined Hitchcock's original for me.

I was most impressed by Anthony Perkins' performance. Greatly underrated, if you ask me.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.