Phantom of the Opera discussion

Self Promotion > Video Trailer for "In The Eye of The Beholder"

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 413 comments Mod
Thanks for sharing Sharon..did you mention that you were writing a sequel to this book?

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Sandi wrote: "Thanks for sharing Sharon..did you mention that you were writing a sequel to this book?"

I am. The working title is "In The Eye of The Storm," and the majority of it takes place in San Francisco around the time of the 1906 earthquake. I'm doing a *lot* of research, so progress is best described as glacial, LOL.

III be looking forward to reading it as well as the first one..I like reading the 2nd book along with the first so III just have to be patient and wait :(

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Sandi wrote: "III be looking forward to reading it as well as the first one..I like reading the 2nd book along with the first so III just have to be patient and wait :("

It could be a long wait; the first one took three years to write and a year to edit ... just so you know.

Hmmm..my problem is if there is a gap between books I cant remember!..so I guess III read & wait..then re-read the 1st book again..as long as your not doing like Diana Gabaldon..the series ( Outlander) just goes on & on..I stopped reading until she "rounds" it up for good.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Sandi wrote: "Hmmm..my problem is if there is a gap between books I cant remember!..so I guess III read & wait..then re-read the 1st book again..as long as your not doing like Diana Gabaldon..the series ( Outla..."

Nope, this is the last one. I'm working very hard to make it stand on its own for just the reason you cite. It is so time consuming to do the research when you want to get it right, and then there are the "aw, crap, that didn't work" moments that require re-writes. I'm about halfway done (I think) and it's been a year and a half.

I will freely admit that part of the delay is that I generally have one or two other projects going at the same time (something I just decided to blog about, in fact). So, there'll be a couple of other projects that show up in the interim.

Looking forward to it then :)

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Sandi wrote: "Looking forward to it then :)"

Me too, LOL. :-)