Adventure Reading discussion

i just joined this group!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 8 comments Dear All,
i am glad to have joined your group, as i am myself a huge fan of outdoors sports, including rockclimbing, waterskiing, ski and monoski, everything scuba diving (tech and recreational...etc)

Let me tell you a little about what I do in life. For one, I am an author. (I know, not very original when on Gooreads!)
My first novel, a fast-paced political thriller titled ETA-Estimated Time of Arrest was published just a year ago and it continues to get great reviews and sales are consistent. I invite you to read the prologue at http://www.missnyet.com/Prologue.pdf. The novel is available everywhere in hardcover format, and also as an ebook as of last week (kindle + Barnes and noble all other ereaders such as Sony, Nook etc. Ibooks release before year’s end) and there is a lot of mountaineering and rock climbing scenes in it (most of the book takes place in the Basque country and the Pyrenees in France).
I am also an event reporter in Chicago for France Amerique magazine, I write articles and features for several international scuba diving publications, i am a scuba diving instructor and i also am the founder and manager of the small press Miss Nyet Publishing, LLC.
And last but not least, I am also a budding movie actress. Yes, I like keeping busy. And i also enjoy reading novels in my spare time, either on my ipad when i am on the go, or holding a good old book when i am relaxing at home.

if you are on twitter, this is me
http://twitter.com/#!/missnyet

Follow me and I'll follow you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, and to becoming goodreads friends with all of you!
All the best,
Delphine Pontvieux
www.missnyet.com

message 2: by Delphine (new)

Delphine Pontvieux | 8 comments i read a ton of adventure books, starting with mountain expeditions and a lot of scuba diving and cave diving stories. i just finished an island to oneself by Tom Neale.
and thank you for your nice words! there is a lot of adventure and rock climbing in my book as well, you should check it out...
Happy holidays!
delphine

message 3: by William (new)

William Graney | 99 comments Mod
I read a lot of scuba books (I'm a diver too) and if you go to More Discussions on the Discussion Board you'll see that some diving books come up.