Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Bill, Eric, Quinn... Sookie's got a lot of MEN.--Possible spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments I am a new fan of the series, having recently read them all, but I absolutely love it! It is definitely my favorite adult vampire series. I think Sookie is a great character that any Southern girl, or any girl for that matter, can love. AND WOW, has she got the men. I was just wondering who all out there prefers Eric, then Quinn, then Bill. Let me know what you think. I really want her to be with Eric :)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I love Eric and it peeved me off that when didn't get enough Sookie/Eric interaction in the last book.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (ladykatherinebookgoddess) Sookie kinda does have a lot of men, doesn't she?
I like Alcide.

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments Yeah, I was really confused by Alcide in the last book. Up until then I had him pinned as a really nice guy. I am partial to Russell, but that might be because I am from Mississippi, and he is clearly the only guy Sookie does not have a shot with :)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I dislike Alcide as much as I dislike Bill. I don't see how he can be alpha he comes off as weak to me and the way he blame Sookie for his fathers death was wrong.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments Yeah, and there whole sex after victory is very disturbing to me. I ALMOST FORGOT SAM... I think he is the only competition for Eric

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I agree with the Sam being the competition. I don't want those two to be together but if she doesn't get with Eric I'll be content with Sam.

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (ladykatherinebookgoddess) I hope she introduces a new shifter for Sam. Someone totally different and totally into Sam. I think he deserves it. I can't see her and Sam or Eric. I try, don't get me wrong.

:( I still like Bill, I think TEAM BILL members are dwindling on Goodreads.

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments Bill lost it completely for me when I read that he was sent by the Queen. Also, having Eric around, Bill's not being very fun or passionate, and his sideburns aided to my dislike.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessartisan) I'm on Team Eric.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I'm the same as Jael. If Sookie doesn't get with Eric I'll be content with Sam. But I would like it if she didn't commit to anyone and instead is a free, sexually liberated young woman!!

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments I think she could be 'free' and be with Eric. I don't see either one of them being clingy. I think they would make a lotta love, have a lotta love, and a lotta fun

message 13: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Eric lover right here! I was indifferent to Bill and Quinn actually. I like Sam with Sookie and I even liked Alcide for a minute until he got all pissed at her for his father dying.

I think this series is one of my most favorite adult vampire books as well. It's a great story, very engaging and I read them all in the span on 2 months and I never finish a series that quickly! Great stuff. Sookie is the best friend I wish I had. I'd try to help her take so of those men off her hands..LOL

Team Eric!

message 14: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Kinda, Katherine? If you include Calvin from Hot Shot and Barry the Telepathic Bell Boy she has a total of 7 men. I wish I had that problem!!

message 15: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Lynn, I guess I get the sex after victory. It's adrenaline and I guess when guys get all "hyped up", it is a sexual thing as well as a violence and adrenaline thing. But then again, Men are odd anyway, so maybe it is weird. LOL. I guess they have to be ready to "perform" with the willing female to help keep the race going.

message 16: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) LOL @ Bill's sideburns aiding in your dislike, Lynn.

I mean, I keep saying he reminds me of the Count from Sesame Street. When I read the description (which is also on the cover), that's all I could see. Like, she picked the Count over McSteamy Eric?!

message 17: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments I can't wait for Eric and Sookie to "talk about it." I am hoping that they will do so soon. I could see Sookie with ERIC, and when Harris wants to end the books-I could finally see that talk occurring. I just can't see anyone else for Sookie. I think ya'll are right in her love for Sam is not 'that way.' But another character could be introduced.

As much as I love Eric, I did like Quinn. I kinda feel like Sookie is going to contemplate in the next book if letting him go was the right thing to do. Having said this, I think Eric is not of the personality to wait around forever on her. Alhthough he is enthralled with her.

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie I love Quinn!

message 19: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb Eric is my favorite by far. I kind of liked Alcide at first, but things couldn’t work between him and Sookie and now he seems like a jerk. I can’t remember why he blamed Sookie for his father’s death though? Quinn was ok, but it just never really felt right between them. I like Sam as well even though they have never been more than just friends. They should hook up at least once. Shazzy I agree with you about Calvin; he creeps me out as well. I will be pissed if she ever gets back with Bill. I can’t believe he left her for another woman and then she had to come and rescue him!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I loved Quinn too. We definitely didn't get enough of him.

message 21: by Keia (new)

Keia I am absolutely in love with Eric! He has such great personality and is oh so hot and sexy. I agree with Lynn...Bill has no passion or excitement next to Eric. And he's lacking personality too. I was a fan of Quinn for the sexual aspect of their relationship, but it was wrong from the start. There didnt seem to be anything else to their relationship. Alcide...I was kind of wishy-washy about him! Somedays I really liked him, but others he wasn't an option. And his attachment to his psycho ex?? (not to mention his father's death issues)Umm, no thanks. I'll pass on Alcide! Calvin is creepy. Eww. So, my only other real candidate is Sam. You're right Phoebe...they should hook up at least once! I keep waiting for it to happen, and then nothing. Sam clearly loves her, and she loves him...and there is definitely something more to it than just friendship. Oh well...I guess we'll find out!

But yeah...if Eric was a real man.....

message 22: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments Yeah, I don't want her to have feelings for Sam just because I love Eric so much. But I agree, he is a good alternative. One thing that did make me mad about Quinn was how he acted at the Summit; he was so jealous of Eric. This makes me think that that is how it is going to be from now on. Even if suitors don't know about the blood-bond, I don't think Sookie is going to find someone who can stand having Eric around while dating her. But I can not see Sookie ever not wanting Eric around, especially after her reaction to Quinn's notion of killing him.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments LOL Ranata that count thing is hilarious, but yeah i think when I read he had sideburns I was immediately put off as well. I think Mrs. Harris needs to find a new love interest for Sam and see how Sookie deals with that. Then we'll know is she truly has feelings for him in that way because what I got from FDTW was that she was starting to see him in that way. I just hope this doesn't end up like twilight with Vamp versus Werewolf/shifter for the love of a woman because I don't think I could take those two going to war and the aftermath of it.

message 24: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Eric has nothing BUT forever, Lynn. I think he could wait on her to come around. He's just really admitting to himself that he has feelings for her.

message 25: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Lynn, you can't tell me that if your man was being sucked on by a female vamp, you wouldn't feel a little bit peeved? LOL. I laughed at that part because I wanted Quinn to catch them. It wasn't anything sexual but he totally assumed it was. I probably would have been the same.

message 26: by Ranata (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:15AM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Speaking of Twilight, I know a spoiler for Breaking Dawn!

And death to Jacob Black!

message 27: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Aug 06, 2008 09:30AM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Ranata- Don't tell me the spoiler I've been trying to avoid all things BD until I get my book and can tear it open and read it.LOL Why does everyone hate Jacob, my feelings are that he was used and lead on by Bella in NM. He's acting like any guy who has be lead to believe that a woman is interested only to be shoved aside. Don't get me wrong I think Bella and Ed belong together but I just can't hate Jacob. I more inclined to hate Bella for what she did and the fact that she comes off way to needy. Anyway I know this is not the Twilight group so I'll just end with that. LOL

message 28: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments I agree, Ranata, but Eric is so jealous I could see him just being like-I am over it, and I will go back to just random hook-ups because I am mega-hottie Eric-ha. I think she will be with Eric though. There are so many times when he says stuff to her like "You will be mine, You've been mine, One day it will be just us etc..." I hope that is foreshadowing. Jael, what do you think in FDTW makes Sookie and Sam seem like their feelings are turning into love interest?

message 29: by Ranata (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:35AM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jael, everybody hates Jacob because he's trying to come between Bella and Edward. Bella was totally having a rebound moment when she started hanging around Jacob in New Moon. But then, all of a sudden in Eclipse, she flips the script? I do agree that Bella lead Jacob on but maybe she didn't know the extent of his feelings for her but Bella's not turning out to be a favorite of mine and it sucks that we have to read the book thru her eyes because she is so needt but Jacob...He needs to get lost. I hope he keeps on running in Breaking Dawn.

And it's a good spoiler!! It's something everyone was speculating will happen but I won't tell you.

And i'll end it here as well with the Twilight talk but

message 30: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Lynn, I personally thing Sam and Sookie have always had feelings for each other and you could see it in every book, even in the first one. I mean, it was obvious to me. I don't think anything in particular triggered that things might go farther with them, but I can see their friendship blossoming more.

And I guess that Eric is a 1000 years old and sure he might not sit on this hands just waiting but when she got ready, he'd dropped all the other fangbangers to be with Sookie. Especially since he remembers everything!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I can't quite remember I'm going to look through it later on tonight but I remember reading Sookie sort playing with the idea of an what if they got together or something to that extent. I'll look through it and let you know.

message 32: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments Oh, I agree that he would drop everything for Sookie- I think he just might speed up her process via someone else. Do the books ever mention Eric's maker?? I wonder if he has a Lorena waiting somewhere, but it seems like he is old enough to resist. Yeah, I can't wait to see how the plot thickens between the two now that he remembers. I don't think that their relationship will ever be the same.

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I could be totally wrong, but I'm thinking Eric was turned ruthlessly at a young age. Him being a Viking and their history being violent, that's what I'm remembering. I read way too many different vamp books though so I could be totally wrong.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmicheal) | 1 comments I'm all for Eric and I hope they have more time together in the next book. I still like Bill, and I feel bad for him. I don't think he's so much of a bad guy as he was just put in a bad position and made some bad choices. I didn't like Quinn at all, he just never appealed to me. Alcide is just all over the place and I can't see any relatioship beyond friendship - in case there's ever a body in the closet.

message 35: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Oh I do remember that, her playing with the idea but I don't remember anything but friendly comments transpiring in FDTW. It just proved that they could go beyond friendship if they wanted to.

message 36: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I think I read him saying they went in to rob somebody and got the surprise of their life when THEY got attacked. Or I could be mixing him up with another vampire altogether!

message 37: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments Yeah I hear you. I could so see Eric being a King of Louisiana one day or another state. I think Sookie would follow him.

message 38: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments Oh, I almost forgot Bubba. I know he is not a love interest, but I just love the dead King!

message 39: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Bubba cracks me up. How can you hate the guy?

I remember having to read the page a few times to figure out who the hell he was suppose to be. Once I got it, I thought how brilliant and idea that was to portray him as dead but undead. Both sides are right! LOL

message 40: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Aug 06, 2008 09:33AM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Ranata your right bout its clear that Sam and Sookie have feelings for each other. But I felt Sookie was sort of starting to admit it a little more to herself in FDTW. Especially when she had that fleeting thought about Sam and Tanya shifting together. I don't think it entered her mind because she doesn't feel Tanya is good enough for him. I thought it more like that's was one of the reason she wouldn't allow their relationship to go forward. IDK maybe I always felt that Sookie would just throw caution to the wind and try a relationship with Sam.

message 41: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Her distrust of Tanya cracked me up. I bout died of laughter when Tanya tried to come up on her porch and Sookie was like bitch, don't even THINK about it and no I don't have no coffee for you!!

And I think you might be right about the Sam/Sookie feelings really starting to surface much more than before. He'd be good for her. Again, if she doesn't end up with Eric, I will totally be okay with her and Sam hooking up.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I think Charlaine will give in to her fans and give Sookie and Eric a go( if that's not the guy she was planning on Sookie being with.) Yeah I can't wait to see if we're going have anymore trouble out of Tanya since Olivia and Amanda? put the whammy on her.

message 43: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments I totally agree Jael, as much as I would love to be certain that Eric and Sookie will be together, because they OBVIOUSLY should be. Charlaine Harris, will like you said, at least put them in a relationship at some point. I hope they are together thought, I LOVE THEM!

message 44: by Amy (new)

Amy (ashz) | 25 comments I'm all for Sam! But I would be happy if she ended up with Eric. I was never a big Bill fan. Liked Alcide at first, but he became a big jerk. Never big on Quinn. There was just something about him I didn't like. I didn't like Eric at first, but he grew on me.

message 45: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Amy, I was sort of put off by Eric but it only took him trying to woo Sookie with the vampire thing to make me think he was going to be quite an interesting character. Alcide was cool at first but he just had a bad talent of picking mates (Debbie anyone?).

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Yeah I never got what Alcide saw in Debbie. He seemed like a good guy and I just couldn't get why he was with someone so evil and how did he not see what Debbie was about.IMO he bought Sookie into his crazy situations( Debbie/His Father) which is why I didn't understand how he can be mad at Sookie.

message 47: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb Really, why isn't Sookie mad at him; she should be. He even treated her like crap in the last book while she was trying to help him.

message 48: by Colleen (new)

Colleen I I remember reading that Debbie was relying on some of her witch-powers to keep Alcide ensnared, but I don't know how much I want to excuse him for being an idiot.

message 49: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jael, I agree about him bringing Sookie into crazy situations and then getting mad at her. I still don't get what his issue was when his father died. How was it her fault? She caught the cheating but he still gets pissed at her? And after his crazy ex-girlfriend tried to blow Sookie's head off?! What an ass.

Was Debbie into witch stuff? I don't remember that. I think she was just very good at coming off as sweet and kind. What a bitch. I'm so glad she's out of the picture even though I don't think we've seen the last of Debbie's little sister Sandra now that the parents are gone.

message 50: by Colleen (new)

Colleen I could be wrong, I'd have to go back through the book and see.

« previous 1