YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Single Books > Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (last edited Dec 14, 2010 08:35PM) (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Unearthly

goodreads summary-In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees. . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deciet, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

message 2: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Ohhh i really want to read this. I think the one we're getting here is the other version though..

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Forsaken?? its confusing in the states its Demon Trappers daughter in the UK its Forsaken

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cklueh) Are we reading this for February? I know it says for Jan, but the publication date is set for February 1st. I've asked our teen librarian to order it, but she has to wait for reviews first...bureaucratic annoyance.

message 5: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "Forsaken?? its confusing in the states its Demon Trappers daughter in the UK its Forsaken"

The one thats advertised here is Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Yea, just checked the B&N website. It doesn't drop until Feb. 1st.

message 7: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Meghann wrote: "Yea, just checked the B&N website. It doesn't drop until Feb. 1st."

Dumb I was looking forward to buying it in Jan >.<

message 8: by Jana (new)

Jana Oliver | 3 comments Confusing, isn't it? FORSAKEN in January, DEMON TRAPPER'S DAUGHTER in Feb. They're essentially the same story except for a few changes that my UK readers would prefer. Well, except for the covers and the titles (grin). Hope you guys like it.

message 9: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yeah it still says January 7th here..

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) How are we gonna read this for January, if it isn't out until February? Just sayin'.

message 11: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

okay so the book got pushed back so here is what we will do we will read Unearthly instead because it had the next highest vote which i double checked and it does come out on the 4th of January

message 12: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "okay so the book got pushed back so here is what we will do we will read Unearthly instead because it had the next highest vote which i double checked and it does come out on the 4th of January"

Damn hope I can get it.

message 13: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

im sorry hun! things have been kind of crazy for me lately so i know that January is going to be hard book wise for people :(

message 14: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Eh its alright. I already have too many books to read in January anyway

message 15: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

sorry :(

message 16: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) :D don't worry.

message 17: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Hi Artemis! Have you seen the Aussie cover for UNEARTHLY? It's bea-u-tiful.. check it out here Aussie cover

message 18: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I just saw that cover! It's nice. On the website i went to it says its the paperback edition.

message 19: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq oh and i think the arc is still available at netgalley.com... :)

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) That's suuuuuuuuch a pretty cover. I'm down.

message 21: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Isamlq wrote: "Hi Artemis! Have you seen the Aussie cover for UNEARTHLY? It's bea-u-tiful.. check it out here Aussie cover"

OMG that is GORGEOUS!!!!

message 22: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments That is GORGEOUS! A much better cover than the U.S. in my opinion.

message 23: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i agree!! much better

message 24: by Jana (last edited Dec 15, 2010 04:51AM) (new)

Jana Oliver | 3 comments Actually the publisher didn't push back the date. It's always been Feb 7th (for the US edition DEMON TRAPPER'S DAUGHTER) but Goodreads had an incorrect date. I'm working with the Goodreads librarians to get this sorted out (along with the confusion over US vs UK editions).

I'm sorry this messed you guys up! Have a Happy Holidays and a great January read.

message 25: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Woo the place I get my books from is now getting this but its only the hardcover edition D; Ohwell..

message 26: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

it looks good though i am sooo stoked!

message 27: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I want the paperback one D;

message 28: by Mayomi (new)

Mayomi (khaffylat) | 1 comments Cant wait to start reading this.

message 29: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

right it looks really good!

message 30: by Sara (new)

Sara | 114 comments looks really interesting :)

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathisissilly) | 6 comments aaawww, I just found out my local library isn't getting this one in so I will have to buy it. I don't usually buy hardbacks but I sooo want to read it.

message 32: by Tessa Quin (new)

Tessa Quin | 5 comments You won't be disappointed with Unearthly - it's the most amazing YA book I've read for a while.

message 33: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) YUS I can get the paperback of it.

message 34: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Tessa wrote: "You won't be disappointed with Unearthly - it's the most amazing YA book I've read for a while."

really!!! thats good to hear!!! it looks awesome!!!

message 35: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I just pre-ordered this. Yay. :D

message 36: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 8 comments I have to second Tessa--I got Unearthly from Netgalley and loved it. It's a wonderful spin on the angel thing as well as the concept of soulmates.

message 37: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Starting it now

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) OOO you finished Darkfever? What did you think? I'm still not done, but I've got like 50-ish pages left.

message 39: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Meghann wrote: "OOO you finished Darkfever? What did you think? I'm still not done, but I've got like 50-ish pages left."

I'm still way behind you on it xD cuz I read really slow on the computer. And then I had to go buy this..so now I am reading 3 books

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cklueh) Just started Unearthly on Netgalley. Loving it so far, mystery and angels. I'm waiting on some demons to pop up, LOL.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Meghann wrote: "OOO you finished Darkfever? What did you think? I'm still not done, but I've got like 50-ish pages left."

The rest of the books are a lot better than the first one. I know I've said it before, but the series really does get so much better as it goes on. By book 4 everyone is completely obsessed, as you can see from all of us rabid lovers on here.

message 42: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Finished it! Wooooow.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'll have to pick up Unearthly before the end of the month then. Good to know that so many of you really liked it.

message 44: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) It's really different to other Angel books.

message 45: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I got Unearthly in the mail today! I just can't decide if I want to read it or Awakened first!!!! :/

message 46: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Catherine wrote: "I got Unearthly in the mail today! I just can't decide if I want to read it or Awakened first!!!! :/"

Unearthly!

message 47: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cklueh) I finished it and I'm ready to discuss. I want to talk about spoiler things. Would that be fine to post, yet? I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't finished.

message 48: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Just say at the top of your post that there are spoilers & then make some space between that & the actual spoilers themselves!

message 49: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Or there could be a topic opened for the book like others

message 50: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 06, 2011 03:56PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I just post a spoiler warning if the book hasn't been read by many people yet. It varies from group to group (some have full discussion threads, some use regular discussions and add spoiler warnings)

Once I see that the book discussion has officially started, I stop posting spoiler warnings. There comes a point when people have to realize that if they want to avoid spoilers, they might not want to click on the book discussion thread anymore. I'm under the impression that this "is" the discussion thread already, so if you want to kick off a discussion, I'd say go for it.

« previous 1

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Forsaken (other topics)