Repello Muggletum: a Hogwarts Roleplay discussion

Marauder's Map (Castle) > Hufflepuff Common Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 140 (140 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 477 comments Mod
The Hufflepuff Common room is accessed through a large painting, near the kitchens. It is a cosy and warm, circular room, in contrast with Slytherin's dungeons. The room is filled with yellow hangings and fat armchairs, with little underground tunnels that lead up to the dormitories, and the customary bulletin board for notices.

message 2: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 977 comments Mod
The overstuffed chair had been too soft, and the sofa had been to hard. Melissa just couldn't seem to concentrate. She couldn't sit stil long enough to pick up her quill, but Piper had offered assistance. As she layed on the floor, the chubby cat sat on her back, looking at the potiins paper over her shoulder. Why did potions have to be so hard!?

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Janine sat attentively at a table, carefully writing in her notebook. Glancing to the ancient text book to her paper, strands of hair falling in her face. "Three measures of snake fangs..." She mutter under her breath. Ankles crossed under the table, Cinderella rubbed her cheek against Janine's hand, purring.

message 4: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Melissa looked up, recodnizing the formula that she couldn't figure out. Tentatively, she looked over her shoulder, feeling wistful. She was sure thhat Janine was great at potions, but she just couldn't ask her flat out. That's why Piper liked helping her with her homework.

The spotted ragamuffin leaped off his master's back with surprisimg grace, despite his large size. Bounding up to Janine, Piper rubbed against her shin, letting out little mrrrows of pleading.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Janine cast a kind smile at the cat, leaning down and scratching underneath his chin. Her attention was drew awayfrom her homework and Cinderella. Speaking of, the white cat cast a skeptical glance from the table top. "Hello, there!" She greeted the cat in her babies and animals voice.

She looked around the common room for his owner.

message 6: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Piper purred, grabbing the fellow Hufflepuff's hand with his paes, and brining it to his mouth. He gently gnawed on her hand, looking up at her with pleading amber eyes.

Flushing, Melissa stoid up, scooping her fifteen pound cat up in her arms. "Piper, leave the poor girl alone. Can't you mind yiur business? Sorry about him," she apologized shyly, her Swedish accent givimg her voice an odd accent compared to all the British ones of the other students.

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) "Oh, it's fine!" Janine smiled kindly at the girl. She remembered her face, but failed to remember her name. "I love the little cats." Little was a bit of an understatement, but she still continued on bright and happy without hesitation.

Cinderella sat directly on Janine's potion's notebook. Paws tucked under her fluffy chest and blue eyes observing. Body language not giving away anything. She was not purring nor bristling. Janine glanced at her with a scold, as if to tell her to be nice. The cat, almost as if she could tell, maybe she could, glared back challengingly. "Ella..." Janine muttered in a warning tone.

message 8: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

"Ella's a pretty name for a cat," Melissa commented im a quite, mumbling voice. She let Piper down, shooing him away with a soft nudge with her foot.

"Um,.this may sound oddl but you aren't working on potions homework, are you?" She fumblednwith her hands, kneadimg her fingers together, hearimg them all crack with a small grimace.

message 9: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

((I just realized that I posted the wrong animal with the wrong owner. XD eh, it'll eork for now.))

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) "Cinderella, actually." She informed her. "I like Piper, it's cool." Commenting on the other girl's pet, she glanced down at her notebook and shooed the white cat away. Brushing stray hairs from the notes she nodded.

"Yeah, I am. It's a little frustrating; I always grind the wrong amount of snake fangs for the cure to boils. I'm doing my report right now; I'm on the part about what I could do next time to fix any errors." She explained.

message 11: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

"Well yiu could always just grind extra, then store the rest for some lucky, desperate First Year to find. I do that a lot, becuse I always have issues in.potions." Her upper lip curled slightly before she hid umder a curtain of light blonde-colored bangs.

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Janine smirked at the other girl's dirty secret. "I leave little notes for them under the table. With spells on them they probably shouldn't know." This was probably a shock to anyone that knew her. She wasn't a goody-goody, just not someone who would fool around like that. She was more proffesional.

message 13: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) ((gtg))

message 14: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

((BYE!))

message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) ((Silver?))

message 16: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Quite Simply Kat wrote: "Janine smirked at the other girl's dirty secret. "I leave little notes for them under the table. With spells on them they probably shouldn't know." This was probably a shock to anyone that knew her..."

((Oooops, sorry! And aww, Goody-goody is what my boyfriend calls me. :) ))

Melissa widened her eyes. She had never expected her fellow Hufflepuff to help First Years like that. "But...wouldn't the teachers catch on because they catch them using the spells?" She frowned, running her hands through her bright blonde hair.

message 17: by Kat (last edited Oct 16, 2011 06:03PM) (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) "They're just little quirky charms that their older siblings could teach them or they could see classmen using." She replied dissmissively with a shrug, hiding a small smile at the girl's reaction.

((You have a boyfriend? Oh la la. Also, Gymnasium?))

message 18: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 477 comments Mod
((Boyfriend for the Silvy? Exciting! :) ))

message 19: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

((Yesh, gymnasium coming right up:) And, IKR?! :D Very exciting!!!!!))

"Oh." Melissa's face smoothed out with relief. "That's much better, then." She ran a hand through her platinum blonde hair, though it fell right back into her jade green eyes. "It's great helping out the younger ones," she mumbled with a small smile.

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) "Yeah, helping." She agreed, as if she had been trying to think of the word. Twirling a lock of copper hair between two graceful fingers, she glanced at the cats. "Anyway, potions, huh?" Her eyes averted to the scroll she had been scrawling on.

message 21: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

"Yes. Unfortunatly," Melissa replied with a sigh. "So, which one are you on?"

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) "Number seven." She informed her. Something about the correct temperature to brew at.

message 23: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

She glanced down at the paper, feeling her eyebrows knit together slowly. "Well, doesn't it depend on the kind of potion?" She scanned the paper again.

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) "Yes, but I think the resting period temperature is a general yet universal tone." She flipped through the paragraphs that were assigned to read with the homework. She couldn't find it.

message 25: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

"Oh." Melissa rubbed her lip together to keep from biting them as she also scanned the paper. After not being able to find it the first time, she read it again, this time in more detail.

"Here," she said after a moment, pointing at the second paragraph with one unpainted, plain finger. "It says thirty degrees fereinheit."

[Idk if that's good enough lol]

message 26: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) ((XD Lol, whatever. But I think in england they use celcius?))

"Wow. I'm stupid. But I guess you always catch it when other people are around, right?" A saying for sickness applied here perfectly. She scrawled down a slanted, elegant number on her paper as long as a statement. "Thanks!"

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 8158 comments Mod
((Yeah. They're metric, even though the system we use is the one they used to use. It's weird))

message 28: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

:No problem, here to help," Melissa's reply was half-hearted as she tried to make her answer look nice and neat. She'd hate for her potions teacher to make her redo the assignment because of poor penmanship. It had never happened before, but Melissa wanted to make sure it didn't.

message 29: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) "So, what other classes do you take?" Janine asked, leaning against the table and ignoring the pestering nudges of Cinderella.

message 30: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

"Welll, I take Astronomy right after breakfast, then Care of Magical Creatures,and Potions after lunch, it's quite unsettling if you aks me." She made a face that was only half visible under her platinum blonde bangs. "And what about yourself?"

message 31: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

[Kit Kat Bar?]

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"Puffapods produce large, pink seedpods filled with..." Quietly, Clover murmured the book's words as she scribbled them onto a piece of parchment. The common room was quiet at this time, as the lazy afternoon lull was starting to set in.

Clover was catching up on her Herbology homework. In particular, their lesson on Puffapods and their shining beans that flowered instantly.

((They be friends?))

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yes. ^^))

"Hello, Clover!"

Maybelle plopped down across from her friend, grinning as always. She'd do her homework tomorrow--she didn't have much, anyways.

The overstuffed armchairs in the common room were much more comfortable than the tables of the library. "What're you doing?"

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, hi, Maybelle. I'm trying to finish this assignment. It'll be late - " A sigh. "But at least it's better than a zero." Clover's smile was rueful. Sometimes she wished she was better with time management. Maybe then she could keep track of her work better.

"What's up with you?"

"Do you need help?" Maybelle cocked her head. She'd gotten a good grade on the assignment (thankfully). Perhaps she could offer a few ideas. Herbology was one of her few fortes.

"I'm supposed to go to Hagrid's in a bit."

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"No, thank you. I'm almost don - you're going to Hagrid's? What for?"

Amazingly enough, Hagrid was probably Clover's favourite teacher. Albeit, the half-giant nearly scared her to death the first time she encountered him and still made her a bit nervous. But that didn't keep her away from the magical creatures. Especially the hippogriffs.

"He asked if I could help out in the forest. Some other kid is helping out too. Something about unicorns, I think."

Maybelle regretted mentioning that she was going to Hagrid's. Care of Magical Creatures was, she knew, Clover's favourite class. She didn't want her friend to feel left out.

"To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit scared to go out into the forest."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"I would be, too. Maybe you won't have to go far," Clover said hopefully, although she knew that unicorns were shy creatures and tended to live deep in the forest.

"Oooh, unicorns. I've read that the foals are silver and gold. I can't even imagine that. Oh, they must be so pretty. Hopefully you'll get to see one. Please tell me if you do." Already, she was getting excited over the prospect. Clover couldn't deny that she wanted to go, desperately, but she had things to do.

"Hopefully. I'm absolutely horrible at spells," Maybelle sighed out. She fell back in her seat, frowning, suddenly very concerned as to what could happen in the forest.

"I really wish you could come."

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Me too. But I'm sure you'll be fine, since you'll have someone else there," offered Clover in her ever-present attempt to look on the bright side.

"And then maybe after we can ask some of the elves for a little hot chocolate." They were kind beings, house-elves. Plus it was nippy in autumn and a mug of cocoa could work wonders after a day out in the forest.

Maybelle smiled, and nodded. It wouldn't be so bad. And she'd have something to look forward to in case the forest expedition didn't go as well as she hoped.

"Sounds good."

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Her smile was reflected on Clover's face. "Alright. I'll probably be here for most of the day, so we can just meet up here."

"Okay! I'll see you then." Maybelle stood then, and she hugged Clover. She turned and left the common room.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Clover, wrapped up in her studies, wouldn't have looked up or paid any mind. But a muddy-green creature leapt onto her textbook. Initially she jumped, startled, but then she peered curiously at the toad.

"Well hello, sir," she said in her soft voice to the toad, the smile on her mouth warm. She liked toads.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Clover's eyes, wide orbs of teal, stared at the boy before her with a something like alarm. Wordlessly she pushed the book forward, offering the boy his toad. Now she had quit staring at him and instead focused on the book's spine. Her gaze was lost behind locks of gold, as though she were hiding.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Clover peeked out slightly from her shelter, a fawn shyly emerging from its protective thicket. A hurried nod, but nothing more. Then she seemed to retreat farther into herself as she curled into the soft common room sofa.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Clover's sympathy for the toad overcame her timid nature. "Oh, he didn't do anything wrong," she said, tone benign and mild. "I wasn't very focused, anyways."

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Left with nothing to add on, or rather, nothing she felt like adding on, Clover merely gave a nod. Her demure gaze stayed on the toad, avoiding any eye contact with the boy.

« previous 1 3