Repello Muggletum: a Hogwarts Roleplay discussion

Headmistress's Office > Suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 477 comments Mod
If you, like so many of our students, have any suggestions to be made on how to make Hogwarts a better, more efficient school, then by all means, send us an owl. We thank you for your input and will consider all suggestions.
Wishing you a happy and (relatively) safe term,

Magdalena Nightingale
Headmistress of Hogwarts

message 2: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 977 comments Mod
Dear Headmistress,

I propose that the RPs are seperated into folder by some sort of outline like Classes, Common Rooms, Groumds, and Outside of Hogwarts. I thimk it would make tthe group look more organized.

Sincerely,
SILVY

message 3: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Silvy,

Done!

Magdalena

message 4: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Gwyn:

Thanks for the input. I'll consider new modships soon!

Magdalena

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 8158 comments Mod
Dear Headmistress,

I find this link to be very helpful. http://callingalldemigods.wordpress.com/ I wonder why.

Iviana

message 6: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Iviana:

Why thank you for the link. Strange, I seem to love it. And thanks for being friends on Pottermore.

Magdalena

Dear Headmistress,

I would like to note a few roleplay areas that have been recurring throughout the video games which are quite popular for meeting places:
- The library**
- Clock Tower Courtyard (the clock tower itself begins on the third floor, as it was built on a hill, and ends on the fourth) The courtyard contains a rectangular fountain in the center with gargoyles on each of the four corners. Various vines have grown on the arches. http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/i... (overhead view of the courtyard) http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__c... (view of the clock tower entrance)
- The Hospital Wing, located on the fourth floor.

That is all I can think of the moment.

Iviana.

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 115 comments Dear Headmistrees,

I know last time around that fighting was oftentimes widely used, and rightly so. Fighting always makes for great roleplay and driving plot forwards.

However the problem with freeform roleplays is that there is no limit, no combat system. It usually devolves into people just trying to one up each other just because they can.

Guy "I cast Stupefy! Now you're stunned!"
Guyee "I shielded it."
Guy "Well it bounced off your shield, hit a chandelier and landed on your head."
Guyee "I dodged it!"

I really think that wand fights, while not banned, should be discouraged. I believe the mods should in fact do some god modding when it occurs. (Blasphemy I know!) It shouldn't and doesn't happen in Hogwarts without teacher severely punishing students for abusing their magic.

So I propose the idea that mods could use teachers as a way to discourage this. As soon as things start to get magicy a teacher could step in or whatever. Let's face it the last time around, wizard fights got really stupid, even though there was a quite interesting event where everyone had someone elses wand at one point! XD

Food For Thought,

Angus

message 9: by . (new)

. (onawhim) | 1139 comments I believe the mods should in fact do some god modding when it occurs.

... what?

message 10: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Angus,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is a good idea. Any fighting in school is prohibited, anyways. If anyone wants to have a duel, one of my characters has sort of . . . opened up an area for that. It's near the lake, on the edge of the Forest. Otherwise, a good idea for the in-school fighting.

Many thanks,

Maggie~

message 11: by E.J. (last edited Nov 08, 2011 08:59PM) (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) Dear Headmistress,

The easiest way to stop fighting from happening in the school is to allow it to happen in small stable areas where it can be controlled. The way to do this is to create the Dueling Club. You could even have a tournament to increase traffic to the group if you want and have the winner be made a mod for a day...

Just a thought.

Best wishes,

HP Pal, EJ Luvs Zombie

I don't like the last bit. A moderator should not be chosen based on winning a fictitious duel whose outcome would have to be preset.

message 13: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) Sorry, I forgot to type the last bit of that sentence. Mod for a day seems fair if it's a tournament, but it was just an idea. The tournament could also just be for fun otherwise.
You can't just get rid of the magic though, that's what makes Harry Potter, Harry Potter.

message 14: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Exactly. Maybe no mod for a day, but I can think of some other prize. Good idea for the Duelling Club, though, EJ.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 27, 2011 06:55PM) (new)

Dear Headmistress,

I think it would be cool to have a Hogsmeade RP in the group. ^^

~Vanster

message 16: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Vanster:

Done.

~Magdalena

Dear Headmistress,

I mentioned this in the chat, so I'm not sure if you saw or not, but I feel that there should be some sort of a conflict rising in the RP.

I've sort of been forming the idea that maybe, over the break (in the RP, of course), a student (preferably a Muggle-born; more on that later) could be approached by a vengeful Death Eater who was rounding up supporters to overtake the Ministry, and that he/she had already found a few more of the supporters of Voldemort who had managed to evade the Aurors. The Death Eater would try to persuade the student into joining, and the student would refuse. The Death Eater threatens the student (by saying that s/he will kill the student's parents), but the student is still against the idea.

So later, the student goes back to Hogwarts after a rather peaceful Christmas and New Year and a few weeks into the year, the Dark Mark appears in the sky over the Forbidden Forest, and it turns out, the Death Eater did kill the student's parent, and s/he's there to show the student. Then the Death Eater's like (I'm paraphrasing, of course): "This is gonna all you guys if you don't join us." And then the Death Eater is either killed or Disapparates or runs off. It's open, really.

Anyways, that's my idea. You and everyone else are free to comment on it or suggest changes to it.

-- Iviana

message 18: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Ivi~

Sounds like a great idea, well thought out. I'll make a topic for discussion.

Magdalena

message 19: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Dear Headmistress,

It has come to my attention that the Quidditch Pitch is being deprived of action. Perhaps we should begin to hold Quidditch at the end of every week or two, so then our Quidditch players have something to look up to.

Sincerely,
Silvy, Witch of Rebirth

message 20: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Silvy,

A good idea. I'll try to spread the word and to get more people to sign up for the teams--we can't play if we don't have enough players!

~Magdalena Nightingale.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Dear Headmistress,

When would these Weekly Quidditch Matches start? And could we hold practices at well, perhaps, at a brand new Practice Pitch?

Sincerely,

Amara

message 22: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Dear Amara (dunno if I'm allowed to do this lol),

We still don't have enough people in the teams in order to have Quidditch games. Once we have more people sign up, we'll be able to start, but we don't know when.

Sincerely,
Silvy

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Dear Silvy,

OK. Thank you!

Yours Truly,

Amara

message 24: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Silvy:

Of course you're allowed to do this! ;)

Yours truly,

Magdalena

message 25: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Dear Headmistress,

Good to know! :D

Sincerely,
Silvy

message 26: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 6 comments My suggestion is that you sort new students by House instead of letting them choose their own. At the end of their profile, you ask them the Houses they want, in order, and make a decision based on the personality of the character. Those who "question the sorting hat" can make an appeal to prove why they belong in another House. You can even include a monologue as you muse (roleplaying the Sorting Hat) on their correct House.

And if a person has more than one character? And if their character is in a different year? We're not all creating first years.

message 28: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

We could make it optional, for those who like the more "authentic" appeal.

message 29: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) | 3183 comments Good point.

message 30: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 6 comments Another certain post-HP noncanon RP sorts all students, regardless of year. They reply on the characters "call" post or thread with the house. Anyway, by students I mean characters, not new members. It makes no difference if a character is a first or seventh year, and if a member has one character or five. Please consider this suggestion! *-*

message 31: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 6 comments Also, I would like to suggest you create a thread to list "playbys" of characters. If you allow pictures to be used in your physical description in character design, then you should catalogue the celebrity face of each character.

For example: (character name) - Elle Fanning.

You could list this in groups by year and House, and make it optional for those who don't have an established "face" for their character.

message 32: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 219 comments Most here are using Fresh Faces models or stockphotos that don't have a star celebrity face. I don't forsee people using the same photos all that much. i'd say it could be optional on the app write-up to say who is the casting.

message 33: by . (new)

. (onawhim) | 1139 comments Natalie wrote: "Also, I would like to suggest you create a thread to list "playbys" of characters. If you allow pictures to be used in your physical description in character design, then you should catalogue the c..."

Why?

message 34: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 6 comments What I said. It seems as though some people are using purely a description for their character, and others just random Internet pictures. However, I, and most other role-players I know use an established face when creating a character.

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 6 comments Just to say, since I haven't yet gotten to, this is a wonderful role-play with talented writers. I look forward to creating characters!

message 36: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 219 comments What character are you working on now?

message 37: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 6 comments I actually have several in mind. The first and foremost is a Ravenclaw 6th year.

message 38: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) | 3183 comments Suggestion: A commentator for Quidditch?

message 39: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

In time we'll need one, but first I think we should make up the teams and when they're full, we can look for a commentary.

Dear Headmistress,

I've noticed that in recent changes to goodreads, the site has added a feature for a banner similar to the facebook timeline banner for groups. I was thinking, to make use of this, that we could have a banner for each season where each of the houses would be represented per each season (spring, Hufflepuff; summer, Gryffindor; autumn, Ravenclaw; winter, Slytherin).

Best wishes,
Iviana

message 41: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Dear Iviana,

I think that's a great idea, though I have no idea how to create such a banner and would have to ask for your assistance, if you wouldn't mind. But the idea sounds like it could be lots of fun.

Sincerely,
Witch of Rebirth

message 42: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Ivi:

Sounds like a plan. Once I figure out this new update, I'll be sure to add. Sorry for being MIA for a while, too!

Magdalena.

Dear Headmistress & Silvy,

If you click on "group settings" there will be an option for a banner and it gives you the dimensions.

Best wishes,
Iviana

message 44: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Dear Ivi:

Done. You like? :D

~Magdalena

Yush. :3

Dear Headmistress,

I suggest an Owlrey (I can't remember if there's an e or not) topic.

Best wishes,
Iviana

message 47: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Dear Iviana,

I will check the topic to see if we have one because I thought for sure we did. If not, thank you for pointing it out!

Sincerely,
Silvy

To whom it may concern:

I suggest an Hogsmede exterior. Just a place for the paths and any squares and parks around, since Hogsmeade is known to have those.

Best wishes,
Iviana

message 49: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

Dear Iviana,

Again, that sounds like a great idea. Thank you for your input. A Hogsmeade Ecterior Topic will be made shortly.
Sincerely,
Silvy

message 50: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 7885 comments Mod
To whom it may concern:

I suggest a topic wherein students can exchange mail (via owl, of course. :3)

~Vanster

« previous 1