The Gateroom discussion

Stargate Onscreen (Movies + TV) > Favourite 'Stargate Universe' episode

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
What's your favourite Stargate Universe episode?

message 2: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments never seen it :(

message 3: by Qazyman (new)

Qazyman | 4 comments There are so many good shows in this series TBH. I think it's terrible the way Sci Fi abandons these shows, and I hope someone picks up SGU. This is a show that has brought legitimate dramatic acting to the star-gate universe, and shown people having sex while inhabiting the body of another person. The idea that you could enter someones conciseness, and the things you could then do. Pretty amazing stuff IMO. It's original dramatic science fiction, and great addition to the star-gate universe. Still, of all the episodes I think "1/8 Time" was one of the best.

message 4: by Anastasia (new)

SciFi ... ahem SyFy, is moving towards producing reality TV more so than proper science fiction shows. Sure Eureka and Warehouse 13 are okay to watch, quirky, etc , but Stargate was good in the dramatic story telling department, there's so much mythology to explore, still.

I think part of the problem with SGU was the fans not taking too well to it (especially those fans who adored SGA) others just dismissed the whole concept because SGU seemed a lot "darker" than SG1 and SGA.

message 5: by Qazyman (last edited Jul 01, 2011 06:32PM) (new)

Qazyman | 4 comments Allons-y! wrote: "SciFi ... ahem SyFy, is moving towards producing reality TV more so than proper science fiction shows. Sure Eureka and Warehouse 13 are okay to watch, quirky, etc , but Stargate was good in the dra..."

I don't think there is anything Stargate I haven't seen. Few things in television have been as enjoyable to me as Jack's attitude, and subtle inferences. It's hard to compare SGU to Jack, and there's no way around that one.

message 6: by Gene (new)

Gene | 7 comments SGU didn't really grow on me until much later. well into season 2, the show was just too dramatic for my tastes, it felt like they were trying to get the BSG crowd. *shrug* I feel like they could have done better by not having such a large cast, and introducing more humor to the show.

But, my favorite eps were the ones involving the descendants of the alternate crew.

message 7: by Anastasia (new)

There's always been a level of quirkiness about Stargate , SGU did sort of end up going a bit too dark/dramatic, and that in itself is a turn off as well. I mean, I don't mind drama on TV, but when I watch any Stargate show, I sort of expect characters the likes of Jack O'Neill, Rodney McKay, John Sheppard and others who add to the quirkyness of the shows and the drama comes off a tad lighter. I mean, it IS a TV show after all.

Bjorn-The Last Viking lol, yes. Its a TV show..