The Gateroom discussion

Stargate Onscreen (Movies + TV) > Favourite 'Stargate SG1' Episode

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
What's your favourite Stargate SG1 episode?

Bjorn-The Last Viking I really like citizen joe.

message 3: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments ohh idk. any with jackson in it! he's my favorite character :)

message 4: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) Hands down, "Window of Opportunity."

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

Cat wrote: "Hands down, "Window of Opportunity.""

"Colonel, what the HELL are you doing?!"
"IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!?!"

Bjorn-The Last Viking yeah, that one was hilarious. I cant remember most of the names or the seasons that they where in.

message 7: by Cat (last edited Dec 16, 2010 10:28AM) (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) Anastasia wrote: "Cat wrote: "Hands down, "Window of Opportunity.""

"Colonel, what the HELL are you doing?!"
"IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!?!""

I love when we find out what Teal'c has to deal with at the beginning of every day.

"You are not the only one who must endure some discomfort, O'Neill."
Cut to Teal'c being smacked in the face by a door opening.

message 8: by Anastasia (new)

Indeed!

I have to say 'Lifeboat' was also one of my favorites. Absolutely brilliant acting by Michael Shanks on all the characters/people that were inside Daniel's head.

message 9: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) Anastasia wrote: "Indeed!

I have to say 'Lifeboat' was also one of my favorites. Absolutely brilliant acting by Michael Shanks on all the characters/people that were inside Daniel's head."

Completely agreed, though I prefer "The Curse." Strictly for the gratuitous amount of Michael Shanks in a button-up shirt.

message 10: by Anastasia (new)

'The Curse' was that the one with Ma'chello inhibiting Daniel's body?

message 11: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) Anastasia wrote: "'The Curse' was that the one with Ma'chello inhibiting Daniel's body?"

No, the one with Osiris in Sarah's body.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments The Curse was from season 4, when we first meet Osiris. Daniel's old professor died and he met an old flame at the service - she later became Osiris.

message 13: by Anastasia (new)

Ah! My bad. so need to re-watch SG1 again. It's been a long while. :( well I got part of it right , someone was inhibiting someone's body. LOL.

message 14: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) Anastasia wrote: "Ah! My bad. so need to re-watch SG1 again. It's been a long while. :( well I got part of it right , someone was inhibiting someone's body. LOL."

If you don't have it on DVD, it's all on hulu.com. All ten seasons, until January 31st.

message 15: by Anastasia (new)

I have 'em all on DVD, including all 5 seasons of SGA. At the moment, I just don't have time to sit down and have a marathon to watch the series in order. (Moved house recently, not everything is set up at the new place yet) I don't like watching one episode a week/day, I usually watch them in batches, like 4-5 or 12 a day. (that's how I got through Buffy and Angel)

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments I have them all on DVD too, except the first season of SGU. I have the two SG-1 movies as well.

message 17: by Anastasia (new)

Yep, got the movies too. had to order them from US though. Good think for Amazon. that's where I get all my SG books too actually.

message 18: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments I get my SG books from my local store - Chapters - either off the shelf or through special order.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Cool, I am ordering a few from the library.

message 20: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments invite me over!!!!

Bjorn-The Last Viking When I get them? Or right now? Either way, your coming over to my house.....in, 1 hour and 30 minutes?

message 22: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments lolz how about both! i want to see the kittens again anyway!!

Bjorn-The Last Viking morning all!

message 24: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments hey :) how was that episode you were watching??

message 25: by Bjorn-The Last Viking (last edited Dec 19, 2010 10:17AM) (new)

Bjorn-The Last Viking I never got to finish it. Stupid comcast died a horrible and graphic death.

(screen flashes)..."wha! Nooooooooooooooo SG1 IS GOOOOOONNEEE!" (screen dies)

not really, but they like. Lost their servers again.
AKA no internet. But I fixed it at 11:18! so, the first thing I did was go on goodreads! yay! I have no life! :P, well. I have one, but compared to Trents, I live the highlife.

message 26: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments hahaha

Bjorn-The Last Viking yup, so hows your Sunday Ari? Boring? dull?

message 28: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments you nailed it. what are you guys doing today

Bjorn-The Last Viking Hmmm, well. The Johnson's came over at 5:00, for a Christmas get together thing.. ..That was fun, they left at....10:15. :D
And my mom says that I still have to do a little bit of schoolwork! aaargh, why cant I have just one week before Christmas off?

message 30: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments lol well the point of me asking what you were doing is to see if i could come over today or not XP

message 32: by Anastasia (new)

er.. guys... slightly off topic there... ;-) *points to the chat thread* back to fave SG1 episodes. I had a look through my guides, Heroes, Part 1 and 2 gotta be up there. at least the way it shows the "other side" of the coin.

Bjorn-The Last Viking lol, Sorry Anastasia, kind of got carried away. No more talking Ilaria. :D, we can continue this conversation some where else.

Bjorn-The Last Viking ANYWAY, know any good action packed SG1 episodes? I'm bored. :D

message 35: by Anastasia (new)

you guys are more than welcome to talk in the 'general chat' area, threat titled 'chat' perhaps. ;-) I don't mind.

Action packed episodes...I did like the "There but for the grace of Gods", etc etc three parter episodes back in season 1.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Cool, I'll try it out.

message 37: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments Anastasia wrote: "er.. guys... slightly off topic there... ;-) *points to the chat thread* back to fave SG1 episodes. I had a look through my guides, Heroes, Part 1 and 2 gotta be up there. at least the way it shows..."

so sorry!!

Bjorn-The Last Viking I just picked up at the episode the suggested Anastasia. And watched all the way from season 1 episode 19. To season 2 Episode 15. :D I have no life when it comes to stargate. :D

message 39: by Anastasia (new)

Bjorn-The Last Viking wrote: "I just picked up at the episode the suggested Anastasia. And watched all the way from season 1 episode 19. To season 2 Episode 15. :D I have no life when it comes to stargate. :D"

Ah, Stargate marathons! I love those. I used to have them with a college buddy of mine before she went back to Jordan.

As I'm getting my office sorted (we moved to a new house last month) I've put in the first season of SG1 on my DVD player. Want to compare Children of the Gods to the Final Cut that was released a few years ago.

Bjorn-The Last Viking I haven't seen the Final Cut. Do you know where I could find it.

message 41: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments You should be able to find it at any DVD outlet. I am pretty sure I saw it at Best Buy. I did not buy it though since I have the complete 10 seasons on DVD and did not see the point to getting it, even though there are some significant changes from the episode aired on TV.

message 42: by Anastasia (new)

I got mine through Amazon. There are significant changes in there, indeed. Christopher judge re-recorded all of Teal'c's lines and the other actors also re-did some of theirs. Some lines were changed, scenes got cut and some scenes got changed. Sound is better too.

Bjorn-The Last Viking hmmmm, I might just look into it. See if I can find it anywhere.

message 44: by Gene (new)

Gene | 7 comments WE all really like Moebius pt 1 and 2 over at my house. The alternate versions of Daniel and Samantha were hysterical.

Though Window of Opportunity, Heroes, and The Lost City all rank in our top ten as well.

message 45: by Anastasia (new)

Ah yes, Moebius was great. I love most of the alternate realities episodes, so much room to play with there.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Yeah, they are funny. I just with I had more people who like stargate at my house Gene. Its only me and my brother...:(

message 47: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments you know you can invite me, then i would be at your house XD

message 48: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments as for my house im pretty much the only one who really likes it :.(

Bjorn-The Last Viking do they even know it exists?

message 50: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments yeha i hog the tv for 2 hours every sunday night

« previous 1