New Juvenille Fiction Authors Seeking Feedback discussion

Idea for 2nd Novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:35PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) This is just a rough synopsis. Tell me what you think.

15 yr old Luke is is failing his class and desperately needs some extra points to pass it. His teacher tells him to participate in Heritage week to make up the points he needs. Simple enough right? Wrong. Luke dreads and hates heritage week. Luke's family is Irish and they make a big deal about their heritage. Luke doesn't see what the big deal is about irish heritage. He thinks its just a bunch of people who where green and drink til they pass out. But when the family takes a trip to Ireland for the first time to visit his grandparents, he learns there is more to the Irish then the color green and beer.

What do you think?

message 2: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt I love Ireland and thought it was a magical place when I visited. This is definitely a young adult book I would read. Also, I like the fact that it focuses on Euro-American culture which is often overlooked as a genre.

message 3: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Alexandra I think that definately sounds interesting.

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue Owen (bysueowen) | 4 comments Sounds exciting! Its always great to learn new cultures and Ireland is a land full of mystery and magic. I say go for it!