Repello Muggletum: a Hogwarts Roleplay discussion

Headmistress's Office > Been Obliviated Recently?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (last edited Oct 27, 2011 05:25PM) (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 477 comments Mod
Welcome to the newly altered FAQ page! Ask your questions here, if they’ve not been asked already. If you have recently been Obliviated, and can't remember something vitally (or not-so-vitally) important, such as How Do I Make A Character or What Is Astronomy, then you've come to the right place. Put your questions here, and we'll be sure to restore your memory as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Magdalena Nightingale,
Headmistress of Hogwarts.

message 2: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (last edited Nov 19, 2011 07:56PM) (new)

Frequently Asked Questions:

So, how many characters may I have, exactly?

As many as you want, for now.

Who can play teachers?

Anyone, as they’re NPCs, unless they get powerplayed (ie: “Professor Istriz smiled and gave Gryffindor House 150000 points”).

Can I have a character with special abilities? Like a Metamorphmagus or an Animagus?

Clear it with me, first. Animagus-ness takes advanced magic, so I don’t care how much of a child prodigy your character is. It’s probably a no. And as for a Metamorphmagus, they’re extremely rare, remember.

Is fighting allowed in school?

No, duelling isn't allowed in school, per se, but you can always get around those rules. If a couple of characters really want to duel, you could always check out the secluded clearing near the edge of the Forbidden Forest and the Lake. Otherwise, keep it clean. We'll be starting a Duelling Club soon, so if you can wait it out for a little bit . . .

Can my character own a dragon?

No, unless he or she wants to get chewed out by any sane person in the Ministry.

What about a unicorn? It could be a secret friend in the Forbidden Forest!

No. And don’t even ask about having a centaur, or else you’ll wake up in the Forest with no idea how those hoof-shaped bruises appeared right over those newly-cracked ribs of yours.

Headmistress, what if I—

No.

Umm, what’s a quidditch?

Get. Out.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) | 3183 comments Headmistress, if you have a Squib in the family and the rest is pure blood, is the character still a pure blood?

message 4: by . (new)

. (onawhim) | 1139 comments Squibs aren't not pure blooded ... it's a birth defect.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 8158 comments Mod
Yes. And if said squib were to marry a Muggle, and their offspring were magical, they would be halfbloods.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Squib

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, it works now.

So, I wanted to know if I could have my two characters (they're twins) be Parselmouths.

message 7: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

*See message*

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Magdalena. And do I have to wait for approval before I start RP?

message 9: by Maggie, Disapparition is my middle name. (new)

Yes, you do. I'll do an approval sweep sometime this weekend.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

message 11: by Hope (new)

Hope It's been a little while since, I've read the books, so I'm sorry if the answer to this question is obvious:

The ages of witches/wizards correspond to their year, am I right? First years are eleven, second years are twelve, et cetera, et cetera?

message 12: by Iviana (The Sign Painter) (last edited Jun 26, 2013 12:51PM) (new)

Basically. The cutoff day is September 1st, so you have to be 11 years old before then to attend Hogwarts the following year.

message 13: by Hope (new)

Hope Ah, I see. Thank you.

message 14: by Hope (last edited Jun 26, 2013 07:53PM) (new)

Hope All right, I have another question (view spoiler):

Can witches/wizards have pets other than cats, owls, and toads? (Such as rodents, for example? No dogs I can understand.) I know they're the only ones that have been mentioned in the books, but it seems a little...limited to me. If not, however, I completely understand.

message 15: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 7885 comments Mod
Ron did have a rat, but I'm unclear as to that application in this group. I am a temporary mod, but I will say no, unless it's essential to some aspect of the character. (i.e., Ron's rat being a Pettigrew. xD)

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope All right. I didn't even have an idea, I just wanted to check in case one ever did pop up. :)

message 17: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 7885 comments Mod
Kay. ^_^

You can have any pet so long as its not dangerous (consult the wiki about magical animals and how they rank).

Yes. Like, rats and Pygmy puffs were allowed alongside the others. You can run whatever it is you want your character to have by me.

message 20: by Hope (new)

Hope ...My comment disappeared. As to your comment, I certainly shall should the need ever arise. Thanks again, Ivi.

O_o wow okay I have no idea what happened.

No worries. ^_^