Chicks On Lit discussion

February Nominations Voting closed

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Time for February's Nominations. Please do NOT nominate a book until you have read this post.

Nominations will go for a week or until we get 12 books nominated.
Thanks,
Tera

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Dec 11, 2010 06:23AM) (new)

Rebecca Homecoming (Tillerman Family #1) by Cynthia Voigt

"IT'S STILL TRUE." That's the first thing James Tillerman says to his sister Dicey every morning. It's still true that their mother has abandoned the four Tillerman children somewhere in the middle of Connecticut. It's still true they have to find their way, somehow, to Great-aunt Cilla's house in Bridgeport, which may be their only hope of staying together as family.

So their journey continues to its unexpected conclusion -- and some surprising discoveries about their history, and their future

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Dec 27, 2010 11:14AM) (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) I'll nominate Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn, it's YA but would be really cute for V-Day!

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Sarah, I love the concept Dash and Lily's looks really fun. Unbroken looks REALLY good.

message 6: by Shay (new)

Shay | 284 comments I nominate Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. It was published in 1862 and is a "sensation novel". http://www.jrank.org/literature/pages... It was regarded, I believe, as a rip of of Wilkie Collins' Woman in White.

message 8: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments The Secret History by Donna Tartt

message 10: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Brenda wrote: "Didn't we read Olive together or do I just feel like we did?"

I thought the same thing. I looked through the archives though and we haven't.

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie (julmille) | 391 comments I was thinking the same thing too...I looked before I posted it. I think it's been nominated before?

message 13: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments Brenda, you aren't the only one. I thought we read Olive, too!

message 14: by Shay (new)

Shay | 284 comments I've seen people post about reading Olive Kitterige so much that I think that only me and the person who nominated it haven't read it. Well, maybe she did read it and thinks everyone would enjoy it, so maybe I'm the last person who hasn't read it.

message 15: by Julie (new)

Julie (julmille) | 391 comments I've read it and I really liked it...so was hoping to maybe re-read it as I discuss with my CoL friends...Happy Reading...

message 16: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 618 comments I've read it but I would love to revisit it and discuss it :)

message 17: by AmandaLil (new)

AmandaLil (dandado86) | 26 comments I haven't read it but I want to!

message 18: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 4874 comments I haven't read it.

message 19: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Not many nominations this time.

message 20: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I'm going to let this stay up a little longer since its holiday time and people arent checking in as often

message 21: by Debbie (new)

message 22: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
poll is posted bottom of the home page

message 23: by Christine (last edited Dec 28, 2010 12:23PM) (new)

Christine | 1311 comments I'll vote for Olive too. It's sitting on my bookshelf at home waiting patiently for its turn. :)Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout

message 24: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
need to make sure you vote on the poll at the bottom of the homepage. Votes made on this thread wont count.

message 25: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) Already voted. Thanks.

message 26: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 275 comments wow what a bunch of good coices