Anything about Greek Mythology discussion

Booooooks!!!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Has anyone read anybooks -except Percy Jackson- that is themed mythology?
By the way, I reccomend Troy and Ithaka by Adele Geras; well, I guess only for girls. Its a different edition of the iliad and the odyssey told by woman characters, it has love, hate, passion, sarrow and the devotion to the gods.
Check it out, I included it with other books on the bookshelf...

message 2: by Akanksha (new)

Akanksha  Singh (akankshasingh92) | 2 comments Oh my gods and goddess boot camp....amazing books! It is one of my favourite series! Then there is neil gaiman's American Gods. He has written a couple of other books on the same theme although i haven't read them.

message 3: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Akanksha wrote: "Oh my gods and goddess boot camp....amazing books! It is one of my favourite series! Then there is neil gaiman's American Gods. He has written a couple of other books on the same theme although i h..."

Thanx, I'll add that on the bookshelf... btw, the bookshelf is pretty crouded, check it out when ever you like!!!

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) my mom has a collage issued book of mythology that i read sometimes. i need to know facts for my stories. i have three chapters of a percy jackson fic on my profile page.

message 5: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
you know, in percy jackson, riordan just copy pasted herakles's-aka herkulese- labours... well, at least it teaches the basics of mythology to our generation...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read any books about Greek Mythology. Any recommendations?

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) percy jackson, rick does his research

Princess Katie, the Random Hot Pink Minotaur (safeandsound) I have read the D'Aulaires' Book of Greek MythsI really liked, and they split it up into gods, and the way that they relate to each other. You can just read it like a book, and understand every thing perfectly.

message 9: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
My favourite book of all times is Ithaka by Adele Geras, but I reccomend you to read Troy a Novel before you read it, again by Adele Geras. Suitable for all ages-but only for girls. Its much more sticking to mythology and realistic than Percy Jackson.
Btw, I emailed Adele Geras, and she emailed back, how cool is that!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Eitak *The Wacky One That Likes to Tango a Lot* wrote: "I have read the D'Aulaires' Book of Greek MythsI really liked, and they split it up into gods, and the way that they relate to each other. You can just read it like a book, and underst..."

I've read D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths since i was little.....i really like it.

message 11: by Tai (new)

Tai Tai (taiwrites) | 2 comments Hello all,
although i'm its author, I think this book is relevant!

Cupid's Academy The Miseducation of Mergatroyd, Love god in Training by Tai Odunsi

message 12: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 12 comments wait are u the author of qupids acadamy?

message 13: by Tai (new)

Tai Tai (taiwrites) | 2 comments Sophie wrote: "wait are u the author of qupids acadamy?"

Hey Sophie,
Welcome to GoodReads!
yeap, you caught me; I am the author of Cupid's Academy (and a fan of Percy and co.)
I also wanted to suggest his latest series where he uses Egyptian mythology...still, I just couldn't help a little shameless promotion ;-))))
Tai

message 14: by Chris (new)

Chris Wind (chriswind) | 1 comments Y'all might be interested in UnMythed:

This collection of poems reveals the myths within the myths revealed: what might Pandora, Circe, Penelope, Eurydice, Persephone, the Gorgons, and others have thought and done if they had not been the creations of a chauvinist patriarchy?

For poetry fans, especially feminist; of interest to scholars of Greek and Roman mythology; a good resource for English teachers who teach a Mythology unit.

Gaia, Narcissus, Pandora, Daphne, Daedalus, Ismene, Poseidon, Athena and Orestes, Circe, The Muses, Omphale, Hyacinth, Philomel, Clytie, Eurydice, The Danaids, Amphion, Galatea, Gorgons, Dido, Menelaus, Psyche, Hylas, Atalanta, Penelope, Jason, Macha, Penthisilea, Persephone, Adonis, Ares, Acrisius, Sirens, Iphegenia, Chryseis and Briseis, Thetis, Chiron, Artemis, Bellerophon, Sisyphus, Prometheus

UnMythed