Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Amnesia Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 22 comments I'm looking for stories with amnesia/memory loss plots. I want both Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy. Any ideas? Upcoming titles would be a plus, too.

message 2: by Shannon (last edited Dec 11, 2010 09:07AM) (new)

Shannon C. | 69 comments A couple that come to mind:

Blaze of Memory - One of my favs in the Psy-Changelings series by Nalini Singh. The heroine has amnesia after getting away from the bad guy. Great book -- it's a tearjerker.

Vampire, Interrupted - Part of Lynsay Sand's humorous vampire series.

Both of these series it's best to read the books in order. The authors' websites list the order.

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments I just read Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, #4) by Gena Showalter and that one has a main character that has some memory holes. The memory loss isn't huge in the plot, but it's not super minor, either.

message 4: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments I have Fangs For The Memories on my TBR and that sounds really good. It has a vampire who forgets 200 years, including the fact he is a vampire.

message 5: by Keri (new)

Keri | 158 comments They just opened a thread for everyone to nominate the author of the month for Jan. I nominated Diana Gabaldon. Voting begins in a week. Wanted to let everyone know in case you wanted to vote for her to get it. ;) The link is below for the thread in case you want to nominate someone else.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

Diane ~Firefly~ | 97 comments Destiny Kills (Myth and Magic, #1) by Keri Arthur

opening paragraph:
"Some things I remembered.
Some things I couldn't.
Like who I was.
Or why I was sitting naked on a beach next to a dead man."

She does get her memory back fairly quickly, but still a great book.

message 7: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Hmmm... those are a great list of paranormal amnesia books. The two that I thought of aren't.

More Than A Memory (Harlequin Superromance) by Roz Denny Fox - contemporary
Scandalous by Candace Camp - historical

OH! Twice as Hot (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl, #2) by Gena Showalter IS paranormal!