Clean Teen Reads discussion

Your Writing!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you written clean teen books on Goodreads that you would like read? Well then post a link on here and I well try to read it! Thanks!
Here are is a link to my books:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/3...

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) wow, have you thought about NanoWriMo? Alot of 'newbies' get published that way, you seem to have the 'guts' to do it. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

hahaha NaNoWriMo
I love that month :P its awesome to see my brother freak out hee hee :P
jasmine, we should do that together next november!!!

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) hahahaha! That's funny :) NaNoWriMo would be fun. Except I can't do it :P I could probably come up with 50,000 words, but I have Carpel Tunnel :PPPPP icky. Can't type a thing with my right hand :P

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

whats NaNoWriMo?
and what do u mean get together and do it whats it??? lol!
if u have to write 50,000 words i dont think i could.
also in order to enter my writing in anything, i would have to have to tell my parents that i write. *shutters* i dont think i could do that, i dont think they exactly approve of having writing as ur career, or writing in genrel. they think it is a waste of time, i've heard them say this about a girl i knew that was writing a book. so i cant imagine telling them i write. they probably wouldnt like what i write about any way (romance) so...yeah their kinda strict. probably not happening. :( i wish i would love to get published.

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) NaNoWriMo is where you type a 50,000 word (or more)Novel in just thirty days (November), however, if you are under 18 you can join the different version which you can set the goal. both sites get published all the time. I don't think any parental involvement is neccessary.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha, Jamie i totally understand :P
i dont let my parents know that i write. they know i do, i just hide it in numerous folders and what not and they usually stay off my computer. i always minimize it too, then when i ask i just say "nothing, just trying something out. it's kind of personal." and they tend to leave me alone.
I would love to do NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) but i doubt i would make the goal :P hahaha
i dont think id do it to get published, i would just want to be like I WROTE AN ENTIRE BOOK mwhahaha
Rachel - aw that sucks!! :( i understand typings hard with your right hand, are you left handed then? could you write a book with like... pen/pencil?
(my brother has muscular dystrophy, so ive grown up around physical limitations)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel: hm sounds cool!

Ave's: i know right!?!? i just hate disappointing them and i think writing would disappoint them. u no?
i think we should do it together! i have an idea for a book too that we could do too! heh u want to know what it is?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

hahahahaha
we should totally!!!
hmm. why dont we do a chapter each thing?
we could create a joint account and post the book on there, then we would both be able to add the chapters ourself!!!!
and then we could start it out, with a goal in the end and working together get it there lol :P that would be awesome!!! haha

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

i was thinking that we could kinda bass the chacters on us! mines name would have to be Lyric ive been wantiing to use that name forever! what do u think urs would be?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

oh and i was thinking that we could combine our chapters like u write some and i write some and then u make it a chapter! lol

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) i'm ambidextris, so I can do things with both hands. yeah, traditionally i prefer left handed things, I started the website in August and by late October I gave myself Carpel Tunnel. So now I type one handed or I get my sister to do it (She may or may not end up charging me (because she loves $$$$$$)) and I asked for 'the dragon' for Christmas (which allows you to control the computer with your voice) so that would really help! hahahaha, yeah, my sister is a con artist :P

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Dawn wrote: "hahahahaha
we should totally!!!
hmm. why dont we do a chapter each thing?
we could create a joint account and post the book on there, then we would both be able to add the chapters ourself!!!!
and..."

ok so u should call me and we should talk about it! and do it! or email me through goodreads! i really think it would be cool to do that!

so does ur brother write?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel: gosh that sucks, sry! ur sister sounds nice... hehe!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

you can give yourself carpel tunnel? this I didnt know lol :P
thats awesome! I hope i works out for you ;) hahaha you sister is EVIL lol (im so different from jamie)

yeah alden is INSANE with his writing abilities. he could totally make a living at it, but its not what he wants.

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) yeah, you get carpel tunnel if you do repetitive motions. yes, my sister is a little evil. just yesterday, she ripped "Allon" right out of my hands and BENT it!!!!!!! I almost had a melt down right there. she wouldn't let go of it. and because she's like six inches taller (even though she's three years younger), i couldn't hold on to it for too long. it's okay though, i put a heavy book on it over night to un-bend it. because of my hand she calls me 'cripple' so now i call her 'the book cruncher' then she gives me an evil grin. The really maddening thing is - She is a writing protege'. She has 'the gift' and i hate it. lol, i have to work for my grades :P

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol.... reminds me of me ;) hahah I can be evil to alden. Like, i'll take things away from him or won't hang him things and he cant reach things etc. im evil :P

But i don't call names. ha ha, that's aldens job :P lol
uhg i hate it when that happens! ahhh well i got straight a's this report card so im really happy :D

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

what kinda storys does Alden write?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

everything! haha
alot of star trek fan fic... bleh hahaha

sorry i just figured out that goodreads wont just let the new things pop in your home box, sometimes youa ctually have to visit the groups lol

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL! i know its kinda annoying! lol

message 21: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (last edited Dec 22, 2010 03:19PM) (new)

Flamestar/Landon (flamestar) | 70 comments Mod
I am editing my freind's sister's book. This is what I've done so far:

I will have a mustang to tame, I thought, but I knew that wouldn’t happen. My name is Sam. I live in the western part of the United States and my father will not let me have a horse. He hates horses because his father died. A horse turned on him, reared, and when he came down he sprinted around the ring and ran over him three times. He died right there. My mother died in a car crash. I have two sisters and one brother. I’m the oldest of my siblings. My sisters are twins, and my brother is the youngest. I have ten dogs. Their names are Daisy, Belle, Penny, Rose, Lily, Abby, Sheba, Sadie, Rio, Rusty, and have puppies are on the way! Isn’t it exciting? Puppies! Anyway, I have two, my sisters both have two, and my brother and father also have two dogs each. Oh! I almost forgot! I didn’t tell you how old I am! I’m thirteen. My sisters, Daniel and Elizabeth, are both eleven, and Luke, my brother, is nine. My best friend, Pam, is going to spend the night tonight.

Mustangs are pure power, and when I see them run, all I feel is….free. There are all kinds of horses in this world. I like mustangs the best. Do you like horses? If not, don’t let them slowly fade away. Instead, help them make a comeback from our world. Sorry, I was thinking again! I might just leave a note for my dad that has those exact words.

Tonight at dinner, Luke was talking about his report card, when suddenly we heard a crash. Luke ran into his room, while Dad went to check it out. I secretly followed him. He stopped at once and ran to the barn. He opened the door, and out came a mustang stallion. Dad went into the barn and, holding a whip, hit the horse.

“What are you doing!?!?!?!” I shrieked to my dad.

He looked over, and then, dropping the whip, ran over to me and yelled at me, “None of your business!” He then said I should’ve been inside with everyone else. Said I was irresponsible.

I countered with an accusation, yelling, “You let them die, didn’t you? I never had a father who cared about his kids! All you care about is killing horses! Is it not true?”

message 22: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (new)

Please tell me how it is honestl with this part that ive finished.

message 23: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (new)

i still got about ten more pages of it ritten on ordinary computer paper to edit.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

its not bad. i like some parts and some parts r kinda i dont know...out there.

message 25: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (new)

i know. like i said i didnt rite it, i am editing it.

message 26: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (new)

it will probably start making sense later on XD

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

ok well put more on when u get it!

message 28: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (new)

kk! i will! XD
by wat i hav read of it, i LOVE it!

message 29: by AJ (new)

AJ (Jazzeri) | 32 comments hah ok awesome! i cant wait to read more! u should make a new disscussion just for it! that would be cool!

message 30: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (new)

ok

message 31: by !?!BOoK LOvEr!?! (new)

!?!BOoK LOvEr!?! | 17 comments I stared a book and it's called New York, Because I just went there so.. I'm on my 4th chapter

message 32: by !?!BOoK LOvEr!?! (new)

!?!BOoK LOvEr!?! | 17 comments Flamestar/Landon wrote: "I am editing my freind's sister's book. This is what I've done so far:

I will have a mustang to tame, I thought, but I knew that wouldn’t happen. My name is Sam. I live in the western part ..."

I like that book so far, u did good :)

message 33: by Ally (new)

Ally (tennis_reader) | 7 comments Here's mine, it's called Poisoned and it's sorta apocalyptic kinda not really. I don't know. Umm, it's still in progress.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sorry but what KIND of clean books do you want?

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

what do u mean, Garrett? like.... what are we looking out for? or what genre?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Like kissing or you know..............the really bad stuff.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

hm. We don't like adding books with make out scenes, sex scenes, or a lot of swearing. F-bombs is swearing. 'frickin' and an occasional 'damn' are okay. Violence... eh. Personally, I've never had a problem with finding non violent books, but no really gory books.
the occasional kiss or love story is ok, but it's when it goes overboard that it is a problem. Does that answer your question? :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah