Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 11 comments I'm looking for teen titles that feature an amnesia/memory loss plotline. So far the only two I can think of are:

Memento Nora and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac.

Any other recs?

message 3: by Kritika (new)

Kritika (spidersilksnowflakes) I think The Notebook is about a woman with Alzheimers. I haven't read it myself, but I've heard it's good :)

message 4: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 28 comments Ruby,
I'm not sure if it's Teen or not but
Bloodchild

Amnesia Moon

message 5: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) I read a book, All we know of Heaven. It isn't exactly amnesia but I think you might enjoy it :)

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) | 25 comments After - I wouldn't call this amnesia but honestly, you don't know what happens until you go along with the character. She doesn't let you know what got her in trouble.

message 7: by Julia (last edited Dec 26, 2010 05:29PM) (new)

Julia | 432 comments It's TBI, but one of the primary effects is amnesia in Trigger. It's also a mystery. It's one of the best books I read in 2009. Here's a quote from my review:

So unique a narrator is Jersey that it is not hyperbole to compare this book’s main character to A Curious Incident of a Dog in the Night, to The Speed of Dark, to Flowers for Algernon.

“Frog farts!”

(Oh, and I agree with Alyssa about After.)

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) I've got a book in my TBR pile that is about amnesia, I think - The Adoration of Jenna Fox. My friend read it and liked it.

message 9: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) Forgotten by Cat Patrick is supposedly a really good one. I haven't actually read any amnesia books just yet, but I'm so interested in the concept. Entangled by Cat Clarke--also apparently really good. Heard such great things about it. Both are 2011 debuts. :)

message 10: by Rachel Alice (new)

Rachel Alice | 49 comments I've read The Adoration of Jenna Fox, and liked it, although it wasn't what I expected.

Emily the Strange: the Lost Days is also about amnesia, sort of (on the first page a girl wakes up on a park bench with no idea who or where she is). A crazy, funny, weird book.

message 11: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brlemon) | 149 comments Rachel beat me to it with both suggestions.

I really liked Adoration of Jenna Fox although it is more about the moral implications than amnesia in my mind.

However, the first book that jumped into my head when I read that you wanted an amnesia book is Emily the Strange: the Lost Days. I loved this book as the mystery kept me guess all the way to the end.