YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

The Mortal Instruments > City of Bones Movie. Clary Casted.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenee (new)

Jenee | 17 comments So I saw this on another community and thought that I would post it. Apparently Clary has been casted and will be played by Lily Collins. What do you think?

Photobucket

Photobucket

message 2: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) | 116 comments Yeah, she can be Clary. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah, I threw it up in the books to movies thread last night, but I could see how you might have missed it.

I'm not loving the choice, but it could have been worse. I would have preferred a natural redhead. As long as they don't screw up Jace, I can live with her.

message 4: by Carina (new)

Carina | 16 comments She's the perfect Clary! I honestly hope that Alex Pettyfer is cast as Jace though :D

message 5: by Alice (last edited Dec 12, 2010 10:11AM) (new)

Alice (aliciairene) | 116 comments Oh yes. I agree with you Carina, he is the perfect Jace!

message 6: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I agree as long as Jace is right I dont really care. Although there is nothing worse than watching a movie and not liking one of the lead roles. I think she will be alright, she has that younger looking factor. Fingers crossed. :)

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments You know I like her as Clary. They did a good job :) I'm going by visual, I don't know if she's a good actor cause I've never seen her act.

message 8: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments i agree.i hope she's good

message 9: by Timmysparks (new)

Timmysparks | 1637 comments She was in The Blind Side.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I can see her as Clary as long as she can play the part good

message 11: by Alice (last edited Dec 12, 2010 10:12AM) (new)

Alice (aliciairene) | 116 comments ALEX PETTYFER RULES!
please he ought to be Jace. :)

message 12: by Carina (new)

Carina Timipre wrote: "She was in The Blind Side."

Yea I remember her from The Blind Side!

She looks like Clary to me! Sweet but with an attitude and spicy side!

message 13: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Mmhmm Yeah she looks like a good Clary.

message 14: by Carina (new)

Carina IKR!

message 15: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 41 comments OH MY GOD! I'm so excited to see who they cast as Jace. Does anyone know when production is slated for?? OH MY GOD! I'm so excited (if the caps didn't give me away :) )

message 16: by Jenee (new)

Jenee | 17 comments As per IMDB it is in pre-production and will not be out till 2012.

message 17: by Carina (new)

Carina Jenee wrote: "As per IMDB it is in pre-production and will not be out till 2012."

WOW thats a long time!(I guess) but I kinda figured it would take that long =(

message 18: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 41 comments They should hurry and cast Jace so that I can drool over something until 2012 lol

message 19: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments haha :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Alice wrote: "ALEX PETTYFER RULES!
please he ought to be Jace. :)"

He isnt bad looking, but ive never seen a movie with him in. Is he a good actor aswell or just good looking? If he cant act the part good he wont be a good Jace, even tho he "looks like him"

message 21: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Louise wrote: "Alice wrote: "ALEX PETTYFER RULES!
please he ought to be Jace. :)"

He isnt bad looking, but ive never seen a movie with him in. Is he a good actor aswell or just good looking? If he cant act th..."

He is a good actor and I agree he would suit Jace but he is too old now.

message 22: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 14, 2010 02:03PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Someone about bit my head off in another group when I mentioned Alex's age once. I think he could reasonably do Jace for another year or two max, then he will absolutely be too old. Lookswise, he has it. Age wise, he's almost unable to nail it - BUT the guy has to look older than Clary, and since Lily Collins is 21...Alex would fit with her.

I'm not fond of the fact either that Lily Collins is 21. If they end up doing all 3 movies over the course of a few years, she's going to lose Clary's "young" feel.

It's not even that I'm hating the Lily Collins pick because there are many other choices that would have made me downright upset, it's just that I think they could have chosen better. Clary is described in the books as being young, almost built like a boy, and being very awkward.

YES I KNOW THE ROLE HAS ALREADY BEEN CAST AND I WILL LIVE WITH IT FINE IF THEY DON'T EFF UP JACE, BUT this is sort of the direction that I think they should have gone in...

Any of these choices would have been better if you're going just off the book description :

I like the boyish, awkward way she's standing in this pic. Dakota Blue Richards.

Bella Thorne :

Actually, nm. I erased Karen Gillan. I don't like her look as much.

Lily Collins will be fine I guess...sigh.

message 23: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Lily Collins is 21!? *DID NOT REALIZE*

I agree, I think Alex could pull it off for maybe a year or two but if they do all the movies he's going to end up looking a bit old. Too old for Jace's age.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Alex wouldn't be a bad Finnick for Catching Fire/Mockingjay, but Garrett Hedlund passed him up for my first pick in that role.

message 25: by Carina (new)

Carina Wow I didnt know she was 21 either!
@Stacia Bella Thorn was one of my picks too, but like you said, as long as they dont screw up on Jace I can live with it. (PS. I think Alex is a little old for the roll too. I mean if they end up doing all 3 books they are gonna look way old. Sort of like what happened with the twilight cast)

message 26: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 41 comments I can't wait to see who they cast as Alex and Isabelle!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Isabelle is another one that I really want them to get right. I have such a definitive idea of what she should look like in my head.

message 28: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
i cant wait to see who they pick for the rest of the cast!! i think they did a good job with clary i hope they pick Alex P for Jace he is perfect i know he is a little old but i think its okay he doesnt look to old he is playing a 16 year old in beastly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neo6W1...

and also in I Am Number 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5djHG...

message 29: by Rain (new)

Rain | 1 comments I hope they cast Nicholas Hoult as Alec:)

message 30: by Alice (last edited Dec 15, 2010 10:02AM) (new)

Alice (aliciairene) | 116 comments Well he-Alex- is 20, I think. I guess you're all right when it comes to the making of the 2nd and 3th movie. He will look old.
Oooh, I like the idea of Nicholas Hoult as Alec. I so love him.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Found this fanpic. I see a Luke here...the flannel shirt is so Luke.

message 32: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 19, 2010 02:47PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Nicholas Hoult as Alec? I haven't liked him as much for the role before with his lighter, longer hair and baby face - until I saw him all dark haired in this pic.

message 33: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I think he would make a good Alec, I have never seen him in any movies though.. What ones is he in?

message 34: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I still see Gaspard Ulliel as Alec >.< If only he was younger.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I think he's a model, but sometimes I'll make a casting choice based on looks, since my opinion on casting means jack to anyone but me, and it's not for real. If I was the actual casting director I'd never hire someone on looks alone if they couldn't act, but this is for fun.

Some models do go on to act, but that doesn't mean he'd be any good at it.

His lipstick is starting to throw me off though. I want to see this picture with bare lips.

message 36: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 19, 2010 04:08PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yeah, if he was younger, I would take Gaspard as Alec, but definitely not as Gale. I'm not fond of people casting him as Gale for Hunger Games.

message 37: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) True. I still can't picture gale lol.

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I'm still sticking with my Stacey Farber vote for Clary. lol Even though I was obviously out voted.

message 39: by Carina (new)

Carina Lilly Collins and CoB movie update!!

http://mundiemoms.blogspot.com/2011/0...

<------love this!!

message 40: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 41 comments Carina wrote: "Lilly Collins and CoB movie update!!

http://mundiemoms.blogspot.com/2011/0...

<------love this!!"

OOOH how exciting!! Lily is good looking for the part, but it bothers me she didn't audition... what if she sucks??

I reallllllly think Pettyfer would make a great Jace, sure he looks a little old, but they're passing people who are almost 30 off as high school kids in movies, soooo Pettyfer has my vote!! I can't wait!

message 41: by Carina (new)

Carina You know Alex P has grown on me to play Jace!

message 42: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 41 comments Carina wrote: "You know Alex P has grown on me to play Jace!"

I googled pics of him... when he has shorter hair, it's scary how much he looks like the Jace I had pictured while reading!

message 43: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Alex P will always be my Jace regardless of who they chose to play him. Probably not going to see the movie anyway.

message 44: by Timmysparks (new)

Timmysparks | 1637 comments What do you guys think of Garrett Hedlund as Jace?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1330560/

message 45: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 41 comments I feel like he looks older than Alex P, but he also looks like he could act the part... Gorgeous eyes lol

message 46: by Carina (new)

Carina I forgot where we were posting these but check out Jace and Clary photo from CoFA photo shoot!!!

http://yfrog.com/h4gt8nnj

Talk about hot!!!

message 47: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
lol steamy!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Did you see the one where it was just the lower half of them and her legs were wrapped around him?

Had a bit of a mini jaw drop moment there.

message 49: by Carina (new)

Carina OMG I did, I did!!
Ms Clare is tauting us, one of these days Im gonna explode from one of her posts!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It might end up being one of the better book trailers we've seen. It might even top White Cat.

« previous 1