The Flashman Club discussion

Book 2: Royal Flash > Book 2: Royal Flash

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry I'm so slow getting this topic up!!!

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire | 9 comments this book has a much lighter touch as if the author realised what fun he could have with the Flashman character.

message 3: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 17 comments Just starting today...way behind as usual!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Claire: I agree, it's a lot lighter than the first and in some respects, I really like that. I also found it much more of a stretch of the imagination. ;)

@ Carey - no worries, m'dear. Just have a good laugh with this one!

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire | 9 comments This one was turned into a film with Britt Ekland and Anthony Mac Dowell as Flashman but the irony and fun did not translate to the big screen.There was a rumour there was going to be another attempt with Purefoy (Mark Antony from Rome) as Flashman. Much more suitable!!!
Michelle if you think you need to stretch your imagination with this one just wait till you are further into the series! Although if you read of Victorian adventures such as Younghusband etc its not impossible.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Claire wrote: "This one was turned into a film with Britt Ekland and Anthony Mac Dowell as Flashman but the irony and fun did not translate to the big screen.There was a rumour there was going to be another atte..."

I just found out the other day that the Ekland film even existed....think I'd still like to take a peek at it.

I'm looking forward to the installment where Flash gets caught up with Custer's Last Stand, lol.

message 7: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 17 comments Oooh, a movie! Definitely have to check that out!