The Mortal Instruments discussion

Lily Collins Cast.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments Lily Collins has been officially cast in the role of Clary Fray, according to Deadline and Cassandra Clare herself.

I, for one, am pretty happy.
She wasn't my first choice, but she is a great actress, looks the part and could be really really good.
Now that they have cast Clary, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the cast is assembled. I can't wait. :D

[image error]

Who do you think they'll cast in the other roles, and are you happy with Lily?
Is the casting news getting you pumped up for the movie?

I know I am.

;)

Sound off below.

message 2: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 83 comments OMG, she is so cute, I think she is more perfect then anyone I had in my head for the roll.

message 3: by iPetim (new)

iPetim | 87 comments she's beautiful!

message 4: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments Check this out!

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/12...

LOL.
But so true

message 5: by iPetim (new)

iPetim | 87 comments i sooooo agree! ALEX PETTYFER for JACE WAYLAND!!!!!

message 6: by Ciara (new)

Ciara | 86 comments Wasnt she the girl, i think her name was Collins from The Blindside???

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments Yeah, that's her. :D
Is she any good?

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments She looks perfect for the part. Very close to how I pictured Clary. Thank God it's not Alexz Johnson.

Spazzy Maz Brit [the insane one] (cally215) ALEX PETTYFER FOR JACE :)

My life will be OFFICIALLY ruined if he's not :(

message 10: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments Xo. Brittin&Jace .oX wrote: "ALEX PETTYFER FOR JACE :)

My life will be OFFICIALLY ruined if he's not :("

Fingerrs crossed. But producers know it's what most fans want, so it's an incentive.

Jen wrote: "She looks perfect for the part. Very close to how I pictured Clary. Thank God it's not Alexz Johnson."

Here here!

message 11: by Shannara (new)

Shannara Erickson | 4 comments ALEX BETTER BE JAVE. ENOUGH SAID

message 12: by Shannara (new)

Shannara Erickson | 4 comments Shannara wrote: "ALEX BETTER BE JAVE. ENOUGH SAID"

I MEAN JACE... hahaha
hey, has anyone seen the trailer for I Am Number Four??

message 13: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments Yeah, it looks pretty good. well, alex does at least. That back-flip is amazeballs!

message 14: by Shannara (new)

Shannara Erickson | 4 comments Amazeballs... ahaha! I love it! I think that the story line sounds pretty cool, too though. I can not wait to get some more alex action!

message 15: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments 2010= Year if the Pettyfer! I'm really excited t see Beastly though. It was meant to be out last June, and I've been dying to see it since.

message 16: by Holly’s Mom (new)

Holly’s Mom OOOOH, me too. I can't wait for Beastly, even if Alex looks freaking scary LOL.

message 17: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments He also looks extremely HOT.
Exhibit A:

Sigh.

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments ^yum

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen Reid (3karen3) | 13 comments yes, he is def hot, but looks too old for the part... hmmm

message 20: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments In that pic. He's only twenty. He's younger than Lily. :P

message 21: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments and he is the only one we can think of that fits the bill. he has the bod, the hair and the fact that he can pull off an american accent as well as having things put on him. so yeah, he is the fan girls choice.

message 22: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments He's the only choice for a lot of people....myself included unfortunately. But I'll stay positive.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) That's the problem. If someone came up with a better person for the role, I'd go for it. Unfortunately, no one can seem to find anyone. So Alex stays the contender until he finally ages himself out of the role (which, sadly will be coming up pretty soon).

message 24: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments then it will be some unknown guy who would be as good. but we can only assume

message 25: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (hvnsnt) Alex Pettyfer for Jace i totally agree he's Soooo HOT!! Can't wait to see him in Beastly!

message 26: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments I'm worried now. He was cast in "Shunt", which is great. but what if it conflicts with COB and he can't do that?
Since that film hasn't been scripted yet, then hopefully it'll be okay. But the producers better get a move on, because he's hot property, as well as being hot.

message 27: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (hvnsnt) we all agree he's Hot!

message 28: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments i hope he isn't as i hope that cob will be good enough for coa and cog, which means that we need a younger actor. alex will be too old to pull of jace.
we need a look alike but with good acting skills.

message 29: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments He's only 20.
Lily is 21...

message 30: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments I know!!!!!!!

hes perfect
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 31: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments i honestly think ill cry if they dont pick him

message 32: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) wrote: "i honestly think ill cry if they dont pick him"

I don't think they will

message 33: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments i have that feeling too

message 34: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments we'll all have a big crying fest here

message 35: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) wrote: "we'll all have a big crying fest here"

Don't forget to bring the big tubs of ice cream!

message 36: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) wrote: "I know!!!!!!!

hes perfect
"

this picture is Jace. Period.

message 37: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments i know right

Hey what bout the chocolate!!!!!!

message 38: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments chocolate ice cream!
and marshmellows

message 39: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments Izzy wrote: "chocolate ice cream!
and marshmellows"

Is this an inside joke? Cause I don't get it. Lol

message 40: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments it is comfort food for knowing our actor will not be jace

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Lily Collins is the perfect clary! I was always wondering and looking around for an actress who would be perfect for Clary and now i found her! She would look so cute with Alex Pettyfer and I will totally cry if he is not cast as Jace. Really, there is NO OTHER ACTOR who could pull of Jace better than Alex. Plus he is smokin!!!! The hot bod, the perfect hair, and like you said; can pull off a perfect american accent :D

message 42: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments who is going to see i am number 4? if he is good in that then he is jace

message 43: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelcully) Izzy wrote: "who is going to see i am number 4? if he is good in that then he is jace"

He should be amazing in that movie. I read the book and it's pretty intense. should be a perfect "audition" for Jace. not that he needs it because he already IS jace. and any producer who tries to say otherwise should see what comes up when you google image Jace Wayland. (hint: it's Alex Pettyfer)

message 44: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments hahaha....

The thing is *worried gulp*
He might not want to...be Jace.

:(

message 45: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelcully) Mairead wrote: "hahaha....

The thing is *worried gulp*
He might not want to...be Jace.

:("

Gosh would that suck. he would be really stupid to do that. It's a wayyyy better character than John in I am number four.
But i guess if he didn't take it I would want Drew Van Acker for the part. I think if they did his hair right he could work it

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Why wouldn't Alex want the part if so many girls are obsessed with him and so many people love cob? Plus wouldnt the director want to satisfy the fans? They are the ones paying to see the movie...

message 47: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments But he may think it would typecast him, or he wants to go another route...

But hopefully he doesn't, he takes the part and my soul stays intact. :P

Wow, that Drew Van Acker guy is scorching.
He'd make an excellent back up, or even Jace. :D

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Mairead wrote: "But he may think it would typecast him, or he wants to go another route...

But hopefully he doesn't, he takes the part and my soul stays intact. :P

Wow, that Drew Van Acker guy is scorching.
He'..."

You're right! He is sooo hot! Id be fine with him as back up XD

message 49: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 38 comments yeah if they bleached his hair a bit

message 50: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 309 comments I don't think he needs to, but I like ash blonde hair....

I'm obsessed with blonde guys lately.

« previous 1