Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Spectacular Series > Kelley Armstrong/Women of the Otherworld

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Dec 08, 2010 08:25PM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6) by Kelley Armstrong Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) by Kelley Armstrong Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9) by Kelley Armstrong Men of the Otherworld (Women of the Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong Tales of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11) by Kelley Armstrong

No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7) by Kelley Armstrong

I just picked up the first 2 of this series... Anyone read these?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I've only read the first book. I liked it okay, but because I read Rachel Vincent's Shifter series first (books 1 in both series have similar storylines for the first book), it was harder for me to get into because I liked Shifters quite a bit.

However, it was a decent read and I hear that series gets a lot better as it goes.

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I have read the first two and liked them. Just not super compelled to keep going but I intend to. I like the characters and the romance.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Okay now that I am not sleeping perhaps I can right a more coherent response. :) I listened to Bitten on audio and read Stolen. I like the main character (Elena) alot and her love interest in the story -- I won't say his name b/c it is sort of a surprise as Bitten develops. I keep meaning to read Dime Store Magic, but other books get in the way and while these books are well written and I enjoyed them -- for some reason it isn't a "Ohmigod I am going to die if I don't read the next one" series for me. I have never heard anything bad about the series ..... I have heard that it is similar to the Shifter series as Stacia says, but I have heard two different perspective -- some people prefer Armstrong's take on the shifter world and others prefer Vincent's. Enjoy Shell and let us know what you think. :)

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments I've only read the first one. It was good and a nice take on shifters but I'm not dying to start the next one.

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

So I have started Bitten.. and I have to say I am really, REALLY enjoying this book... Definatly has the making of an AWESOME series...

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Bitten was my favorite. Clay is yummy!

message 8: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Regina wrote: "Okay now that I am not sleeping perhaps I can right a more coherent response. :) I listened to Bitten on audio and read Stolen. I like the main character (Elena) alot and her love interest in th..."

I know exactly how you feel! I have them all in Trade Paperback, and mean to read them, and then something else is released and I get side-tracked. I, also, have aonly read the first two, but will be reading the rest for sure!

message 9: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments The first two books were okay reads for me, but it was really the next books which made this series a must read for me. Kelley Armstrong is now one of my favourite authors.

I look forward to each new book with great anticipation.

message 10: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I have to read the 3rd yet~ I have only read the first 2~ I did like them alot and believe I will the rest of the series as well. I have the whole series awaiting me to pick them up.

message 11: by Leea (new)

Leea Has anyone read... The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong series?? I'm wondering if there is any *romance*??

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I've read the first two. The Summoning didn't wow me and iirc I only gave it 3 stars, but it was a cute, innnocent book. I liked the second book called The Awakening much better. There is a little love triangle, but it's very "sweet." At some point I'll get around to reading the third book to see who she picks, but I'm not in a huge hurry.

message 13: by Leea (new)

Leea thanks... i'll pass :) I need some kind of steam

message 14: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 13, 2011 02:27PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The two series didn't even feel like they were written by the same author.

message 15: by Leea (new)

Leea so is the Bitten books better? thanks

message 16: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8 comments I just finished the third book of this series, Dime Store Magic. This time the narrator is Paige, the young witch we met in the 2nd book.

This book is more about witches and sorcerers, and although it is a decent read, I missed Elena and Clay. Furthermore, I'm not overly fond of Paige.

message 17: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Leea wrote: "Has anyone read...The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong series?? I'm wondering if there is any *romance*??"

I enjoyed it. But they are two different (albet related) series aimed at two different audiences. This is definately a YA read, and as such, there is no sex and less violence in it. That is to be expected.

Rachel Vincent's adult and YA series are different in that way as well.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Vincent's Shifters series is a great one. I have her Soul Screamers books but haven't started the first one yet.

message 19: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Leea I think you would like the Underworld series~ Definate steam.

message 20: by Leea (new)

Leea Who writes the underworld series? They are all blending together now at this point. i'm really into PN romance!

message 21: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Jan 15, 2011 06:28PM) (new)

Oops~ My bad~ 'Otherworld' is this thread~ LOL~ Kelley Armstrong~

message 22: by Leea (new)

Leea there is an underworld series... The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter ... Ha!! It looks good!!

message 23: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Shell wrote: "Oops~ My bad~ 'Otherworld' is this thread~ LOL~ Kelley Armstrong~"

LOL Too many good series, not enough time! ;-)

message 24: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Oh? Lol~ I didn't know that~ Well there you go Leea~ 2 more series to try.

message 25: by Jasja (new)

Jasja | 42 comments Aaaahh, Kelley Armstrong, I love Kelley's books :) . I started with Bitten when a friend gave it to me so i would have something to read on the bus and I loved it. Then read Stolen, which had me convinced that I really wasn't going to like "Dimestore Magic" and "Industrial Magic" because I was sure that the heroine in those books was too wingy and whiney for my liking (I was definitely wrong! :D ). Anyway, I got a Kelley Armstrong ebook collection recently and I figured I might as well give them a try. And I liked them so much that I hope K.A. will do another book with Paige and Luxcas as the h & h.

message 26: by Susan (new)

Susan | 19 comments I really enjoy this series. My favorites thus far since I am not caught up are Bitten and Haunted.

message 27: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I have only read the first two... I own them all though... Will get back to them at some point.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I have read up to "Industrial Magic," and loved all of them. Kelley Armstrong is an excellent writer, and I adore her world of werewolves and other supernaturals. I plan to read the rest of the series eventually, but would have to go to another library. My local one doesn't carry them. :( Her "Darkest Powers" series for Young Adults is really good too.