SDPL Staff Reading Program 2011 discussion

What are you reading now? > What are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kjsmulvihill) | 31 comments Mod
Welcome to the site? If you're just getting started on Goodreads, feel free to take part in this discussion topic without reading anything further. What are you reading? Try adding a link to the book or the author as you talk about what you're reading. Talk to you soon!

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina Wainwright | 9 comments Mod
Kill the Dead
I'm reading Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey. It's the sequel to Sandman Slim, a novel that I picked up at Comic-Con during a panel on paranormal fiction. Sandman Slim isn't dead, but is no longer quite mortal after fighting gladiator-style in Hell for a few years. In this sequel, he's trying to make a living in Los Angeles and gets hired by Satan to serve as his bodyguard.

Yeah, it sounds silly, but the first book was a lot of fun. Kadrey's Sandman Slim is a tough guy who you can't help but to like.

message 3: by Leslie (last edited Dec 08, 2010 06:04PM) (new)

Leslie | 5 comments Mod
METAtropolis: The Dawn of Uncivilization

I am listening to this on CD right now. It is a collection of short stories about cities of the future, and seems to be mainly post-apocalyptic. The first story is a little slow but the second one is great so far.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 5 comments Mod
Angel Time

I just finished this one and am about to start the sequel. I really enjoyed the historical aspects. I regained interest in Anne Rice since she recently announced that she was no longer Christian because of the anti-gay and anti-woman sentiments.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifergeran) | 1 comments Mod
Reporting at Wit's End: Tales from the New Yorker

Police blotter tales from the 1930s to 1960s. Packed with facts and detail while being funny, warm, and sophisticated. St. Clair McKelway's style reminds me of Nick and Nora Charles' with one eyebrow raised.

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kjsmulvihill) | 31 comments Mod
Thanks for sharing what you're reading!I've added a few of these to my TBR shelf. Feel free to continue updating us. What are you planning to read in January?