Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Good Series

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 9 comments Can anyone recommend some good series for me? I have read and love the following:

Twilight of course
Lords of the Underworld
Black Dagger BH
Black Jewels novels and her Ephemera series
The Kushiels Series
Women of the Otherworld
City of Angels series
The night huntress and night world series
The Mercedes Thompson Series and spin off

I can't remember anymore at the moment but that kind of stuff.... Thanks so much. Dawn

message 2: by Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (last edited Dec 08, 2010 04:26PM) (new)

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments The Mortal Instruments
City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass
Then Clockwork Angel

Better than Twilight and I LOVE Twilight.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) How about?

The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)  by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

The Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3) by Richelle Mead Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4) by Richelle Mead Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 4: by Usher (new)

Usher  (Asha_asha) | 6 comments The Vampire Academy by richelle mead
Mortal Instruments by cassendra clair
Evernight series by claudia gray
The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 177 comments Dawn, are you looking for YA, PNR or UF or a mixture of all? Do you have a preference? Seems your list above has some of all + some fantasy series.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I second The mortal instruments, clockwork angel, vampire academy and Georgina kincaid series. They are all some of my fav series.

The study series by Maria V snyder is also really good
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

"spin off series":
Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Sea Glass (Glass, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Spy Glass (Glass, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I loved the first two Study books and was terribly disappointed with the third. How do the "Glass" ones compare?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Of the glass series, the second book, sea glass, is my favourite. I liked them, but liked study series better

message 9: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
Goddess Summoning Series by P.C. Cast

message 10: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cait1204) | 54 comments Fever series - Karen Marie Moning

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat | 12 comments I second Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning, those are some of my favorites

you could also try:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

message 12: by Keri (new)

Keri | 158 comments They just opened a thread for everyone to nominate the author of the month for Jan. I nominated Diana Gabaldon. Voting begins in a week. Wanted to let everyone know in case you wanted to vote for her to get it. ;) The link is below for the thread in case you want to nominate someone else.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

message 13: by GigiSB (new)

GigiSB | 11 comments I'm looking for a new PNR series (not a YA)...

These are what I've already read and really liked:
Kelly Armstrong: Women of the Other World
Patricia Briggs: Mercy Thompson & Alpha and Omega
Kresley Cole: Immortals after Dark
Jacqueline Frank: Nightwalkers
Jeanniene Frost: Night Huntress
Charlaine Harris: Sookie Stackhouse
Karen Marie Moning: Highlander and Fever Series
JR Ward: Black Dagger Brotherhood
Eileen Wilks: Mortal Danger etc.

message 14: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 71 comments I totally agree with all the recommendations on here! I might take a few myself. My list is :

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura The Demonica series by Larissa Ione is great!

message 16: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 57 comments There are several great series in our Harlequin Nocturne line of books. http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?... Don't forget to check out the series from Silhouette Nocturne (no longer available in print, eBook only)while there. http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/95AA689B...

You will also be able to find great paranormal single titles and series in our MIRA and HQN imprints.

http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?...

message 17: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 72 comments I agree with all of the above as well and would like to add the following series:

Black London series by Caitlin Kittredge starting with,
Street Magic (Black London, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge

Toby Daye series by Seanan Maguire starting with,
Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire

Succubus Diaries by Jill Myles starting with
Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) by Jill Myles

Kalayna Price has 2 really good series out starting with,
Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Once Bitten (Haven, #1) by Kalayna Price

Charlie Madigan series by Kelly Gay-
The Better Part of Darkness (Charlie Madigan, #1) by Kelly Gay

Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill-
Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill

Jane True series by Nicole Peeler-
Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler

Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews-
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

also her Edge series-
On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 18: by Lora (new)

Lora Savchova (luxuria) | 313 comments Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead are also awesome. Next book comes out in January.
Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3) by Richelle Mead

message 19: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 9 comments Steph wrote: "Dawn, are you looking for YA, PNR or UF or a mixture of all? Do you have a preference? Seems your list above has some of all + some fantasy series."

I'm kinda over the YA stuff definitely PNR and UF though. Thanks!

message 20: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 9 comments Cait1204 wrote: "Fever series - Karen Marie Moning"

Omg I can't believe I forgot to put the fever series on my list! I am Fever addict counting down the days til the final book!

message 21: by Keri (new)

Keri | 158 comments Dawn wrote: "Cait1204 wrote: "Fever series - Karen Marie Moning"

Omg I can't believe I forgot to put the fever series on my list! I am Fever addict counting down the days til the final book!"

Oh I know, I plan to get my copy as soon as the doors to the bookstore open on Jan 18th!! Lol.

message 22: by Keri (new)

Keri | 158 comments Kinda sad the series is ending with this book though. Am glad we'll FINALLY get to find out what happens and get the answers to all our questions and theories, but I love the series so much, I hate for it to end...

message 23: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 29 comments Carpathian series,leopard series and Drake sisters - Christine Feehan
Breeds Series - Laura Leigh
Night creatures- Lori Handeland
Sons of Destiny series - Jean Johnson
Nightwalkers, Shadowdwellers- Jacqulyn Franks
Dark Hunters - Sherilyn Kenyon

message 24: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 109 comments The black dagger brotherhood series