TV Talk discussion

Fave show from the 80's

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Ahh the 80's I remember that time well. What show was must see TV for you?

message 2: by Crystal (last edited Jul 28, 2008 07:25AM) (new)

Crystal | 31 comments

Growing pains
Facts of Life
Alf

There was also this show on TV called "Monster Piece Theatre". (I think) Every week, a new short story was on there. It reminds me of Tales from the Crypt and Twilight Zone.

Let me know if you remember it.

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I don't remember that show. Do you remember which network it was on?

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 31 comments this link goes to youtube and you can see the opening credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcku3...

It's called Monsters. They showed it side by side with Amazing Stories and Tales From The Darkside I think on Fridays.

message 5: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (shashee71) | 9 comments Silver Spoons was my absolute favorite show in the 80s! I had THE biggest crush on Ricky Schroder! I wrote him so much fan mail and I actually got letters back from him (well, so I thought at the time).

A late 80s show that I also loved was Kids Incorporated!! Does anyone remember that? We're Kids Incorporated K-I-D-S Whooaaaaaa .....

Growing Pains!! Oh c'mon the Seivers??!! What was not to love?

Crystal YES!! I loved Tales from the Darkeside!! Me and my BFF Caron used to sleep over each other's houses and watch that in the dark and get creeped out!! Or while we were babysitting!! Thanks for that memory! I'm not sure about Monsters.. I will check out your link.

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 31 comments I watch Kids Inc. all the time!!!! I also remember Mousersizing at like 6 before school.

message 7: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Does anyone remember "Out of This World"? I just remembered this show today. It was about a girl who's father was in space and she had these special powers. She could freeze time and she'd talk to her dad through a crystal.

Tales from the Crypt always used to freak me out.

message 8: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Thanks for the Utube link...now I remember that show! I need to wander around on Utube more so I can see clips of shows from my childhood I have long forgotten. It's really fun to look back at the shows i used to watch.

message 9: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I looked up kids and I never saw that show. I didn't have cable back in the 80's. :(

message 10: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (shashee71) | 9 comments Kids Incorporated had Jennifer Love Hewitt in it!! And Fergie!!! LOL and Martika... And, Eric Balfour (from Six Feet Under and 24.

Youtube has some funny videos if you search Kids Incorporated...

Jillian, I don't think it was on cable, we didn't have cable either. I think it aired on NBC.

Yes! I loved Out of This World too! Evie was the daughter...

message 11: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) The out of this world I just remembered the other night because I was surfing through U Tube watching old TV commercials from the 80's. That is what I love about U Tube. You can watch things on there you haven't seen for years. :)

message 12: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I have so many!

Mr. Belvedere
Double Dare
Funhouse
Saved by the Bell (still love this show)
Punky Brewster
Webster
Gimme a Break
ALF
Small Wonder
Degrassi Jr High/Degrassi High (the originals baby!)
Out of this World
Harry and the Hendersons
American Gladiators
Silver Spoons
Growing Pains
Dif'rent World
Perfect Strangers

and I've run out of shows...for the moment!

I watched a lot of tv as a kid and most of the stuff I watched because my sister watched it. Phooey to big sisters.

message 13: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Cosby Show

message 14: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I used to watch 227 also! My husband & I watch Saved by the Bell on cable. It's on every day I think on Noggin. It's just fun to see the hair and clothes. Ahh memories of HS.

message 15: by Crystal (last edited Aug 10, 2008 11:11PM) (new)

Crystal | 31 comments I forgot about Double Dare!!!! I wanted to be on that show so bad!!!! I also liked "You can't do that on television"

I also remember Night Court. That was a good show too.