Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

General Chit Chat > Weather/Mother Nature

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
what is a conversation without some mention of the weather?
if if you just want to whinge about to, praise it, or even brag about it. this is the place to do so.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i hate the snow rite now. i am snowed in :'(

message 3: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i'd love to have a white christmas.
being snowed in sounds like fun. but i can see if your having that happen every year it would be tedious.
just think of all the reading you can do when your snowed in! i wonder what happens to animals when people are snowed in... actually don't tell me, it's probably sad.

is it just your town/suburb all snowed in or are you just one part of an area of your town that's snowed in??
sorry i'm curious, it never snows where i am, sure the weather is horrible, and we get pretty fierce storms. but never snow during winter. even though it is cold enogh. here it is all about altitude. if you live higher up you get snow.
right now there is little possibilty of snow. it's summer here. the weather is still acting like spring. half of australia is on flood watch right now.
it may be summer but it's acting like a wet season, which it rarely ever does where i live.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) LOL
we're not like snowed in as in we can't leave the house, more like all the transport has been cancelled so we can't leave the town lol.
i love the snow its just because i can't get 2 uni and i really wanna go y i'm complaining so much.
we have heavy snow over the entire country, but its much much worse in the north east where i live.
i do love the snow, its so beautiful and coz i cnt go anywhere it gives me more chance of getting through those 9 books lol

message 5: by April (new)

April Inman (illustratergirl) | 64 comments not liking the rain much right now. been raining off and on all week. hope it dosen't turn into a rainy Christmas.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) better than wot i got. thank god the snow is finally melting

message 7: by Adele, Moderator (new)

melting... melting.... lol
yep, you can finally go places...oh no that means back to uni!

message 8: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Lolz thats good :) Hey Adele, do you like parodies? if so i did one to the Take it of by Ke$ha and is now posted in the members work lolz. that is what happened when i am bored! cheak it out :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) thats ok adele, i actually want to go bck 2 uni lol
ppl call me weird cz of it but i love uni n i miss my friends. i only have to go 4 days then i'm off for 4 weeks for xmas anyway :)

message 10: by Adele, Moderator (new)

nope not wierd at all, i was like that about high school, but i was less dedicated to my studies.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) well i am very dedicated 2 my studies :)

message 12: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments i couldnt get my eldest to school because it was impossible to push my youngest's buggy. i tried sledging them to school but bloody hell my arms!

our snow is all but gone but apparently there will be more for xmas

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea its gone here so i can get in2 uni for the last week but its supposed 2 b coming bck on thursday night. luckily thursday is my last day so i should be fine. :)

message 14: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments supposed to be as bad as last time

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i know but at least this time i dnt have 2 worry about getting in2 uni i'm off for like 6 weeks. :)

message 16: by Adele, Moderator (new)

What on earth is Happening with Mother Nature?
She is well and truly pissed.
Floods in Australia(as well as strongest cylone in australias history)breaking of 10ish year drought!
Floods in Brazil
Mount sisly eruption
Snow in the Northern Hemisphere(not too sure if it worse than previous years)
of course we have the Indonesian volcanoes erupting.
Anything else we can add to the list?
Is it just me or is it going Crazy?!

message 17: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments and huge earthquake in japan now :(

message 18: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Oh and Tsunamis. Japan and in Hawaii etc

message 19: by Adele, Moderator (new)

mother nature has it in for japan. Earthquake and tsnami that followed. and they have a volcano making noises and threatening eruption as well. On top of all that(yes i know its man made) but Nuclear reactor explsions...They Can't win!! my heart goes out to the people of japan.

message 20: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) mine does too

message 21: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Wow this Super storm sandy sounds bad. Is it really that bad or is the media hyping it up. I have seen some pictures.( the ones that weren't deemed fake) and it looks terrible.
I feel sorry for all those people who have lost their homes, and to the families who have lost a loved one due to this terrible storm.
I hope all our group members and friends have managed to stay safe.