Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > blood

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments imagine you have a small, non-life threatening wound on your finger, which is otherwise relatively clean. do you lick the blood from your finger, or wipe it on a handkerchief? and which method would introduce the smallest amount of bacteria to the wound?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I lick if it's just a drop or two. Is that bad?

message 3: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'm also a licker, i have no idea if it's bad.

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments janine wrote: "imagine you have a small, non-life threatening wound on your finger, which is otherwise relatively clean. do you lick the blood from your finger, or wipe it on a handkerchief? and which method woul..."

Depends on where that mouth of yours has been young lady!

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori I wipe it on my jeans or lick it. Or if it's bleeding more than a drop or 2 I wrap in a paper towel. I'm so glad it was OK for me to be a tomgirl when I was a kid, kids are supposed to have scrapes all over their knees! And I never babied Jake either. I feel sorry for all those kids who have such overprotective parents.

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments janine wrote: "imagine you have a small, non-life threatening wound on your finger, which is otherwise relatively clean. do you lick the blood from your finger, or wipe it on a handkerchief? and which method woul..."

I would probably lick the wound clean and then try to stop the bleeding with pressure--so I guess that's kind of doing both.

message 7: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Ken wrote: "janine wrote: "imagine you have a small, non-life threatening wound on your finger, which is otherwise relatively clean. do you lick the blood from your finger, or wipe it on a handkerchief? and wh..."

Depends on where that mouth of yours has been young lady!"

ha! good point.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments janine wrote: "i'm also a licker, i have no idea if it's bad."

TWSS TWSS TWSS

message 9: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Lick it off. I'm not overly concerned about germs or bacteria unless I'm at work. If I'm at work then it's all water, soap and antibacterial stuff.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
I would head for a faucet, or if there wasn't one, a fresh tissue.

"There are potential health hazards in wound licking due to infection risk, especially in immunocompromised patients. Human saliva contains a wide variety of bacteria that are harmless in the mouth, but that may cause significant infection if introduced into a wound. A notable case was a diabetic man who licked his bleeding thumb following a minor bicycle accident, and subsequently had to have the thumb amputated after it became infected with Eikenella corrodens from his saliva."

- Wikilicks.org

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
RandomAnthony wrote: "TWSS TWSS TWSS"

**frowns**

I lick, but only if the cut is minuscule. If it is at all bigger I swoon, turn grey, scream for Sweeter, and lay dramatically on the sofa for at least a half an hour.

message 12: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "janine wrote: "i'm also a licker, i have no idea if it's bad."

TWSS TWSS TWSS"

i knew someone was going to say that, but was too tired to rephrase. i'm sorry, sally.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Lick. It's one of the few times hematophagy is acceptable. XD

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments is this question related to twilight?

message 15: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments no.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments this thread title makes me think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVDGu...

message 17: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Rachel wrote: "Lick. It's one of the few times hematophagy is acceptable. XD"

i do like the taste of blood, in small doses.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Do towels in Canada get extra l's?

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

eh?

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Sally wrote: "Do towels in Canada get extra l's?"

No. You just have to say "eh" afterward.

message 21: by Sarah (last edited Dec 08, 2010 11:03AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments BunWat wrote: "Canada has single payer universal consonants."

Socialized consonants?

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I swear that wasn't there when I started typing.

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Got that, Salllllllllllly?

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

eh?

message 25: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Barb wrote: "Sally wrote: "Do towels in Canada get extra l's?"

Sticky key ... ya, that's gotta be itt."

dropped blood on it?

message 26: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments regarding a small cut on my hands or fingers: I would actually suck the blood out of the cut to move out any germs from whatever had caused the cut. Then, I would either use one of those alcohol/towelettes or water and soap to clean it out and then a bandaid.

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i would apply a leech that i keep in a jar by the door. who is it for? (tribute comment)

message 28: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Should we call you Kevinor Rigby?

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I thought it was rice she kept in the jar.

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Larry wrote: "I thought it was rice she kept in the jar."

Creative license.

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh.