Amazon Kindle discussion

cookbooks

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 5 comments Is there any good way to "read" a cookbook? I received "The Ultimate Rice Cooker" cookbook and really like it but was wondering, other than adding bookmarks is there a better way to find what you are looking for? I do use the table of contents.

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (scruffynerfer) | 142 comments You could use the search feature. Just type what your looking for when the book is open and along as it's not to broad a term then you should find what you want quickly.

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 42 comments They're all over the map -- I have a pasta book with great recipes, but the formatting is so terrible I almost can't use it, and at the other end of the spectrum I have gourmet Today with a fully linked table of contents, plus each section has its own contents with links to each recipe.

When I find something I want to cook, I just bookmark it; it's actually easier to toggle back and forth between two recipes in the same book on the Kindle than it is with a physical cookbook!

message 4: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (scruffynerfer) | 142 comments Hmm I guess then search wouldn't help. I think this is the one thing that kindle doesn't make better. I still buy my cookbooks in hardcover just as I find it easier and the pictures look a lot more appetising in full colour that the grayscale kindle screen

Ann (Noumena12) (noumena12) | 34 comments I tried a couple of cookbooks on the kindle but it just doesn't work for me.

Ralph Gallagher | 327 comments Mod
There is no way in hell my Kindle is going near the kitchen when I'm cooking. All of the cookbooks we own have been splattered with something or another multiple times. No way is my Kindle getting ruined like that.

message 7: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments There's a company that makes a waterproof box ...

message 8: by Shirley (last edited Dec 08, 2010 10:10AM) (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Carolyn wrote: "Is there any good way to "read" a cookbook? I received "The Ultimate Rice Cooker" cookbook and really like it but was wondering, other than adding bookmarks is there a better way to find what you a..."

I have a 3"x5" pad of post its and when I go through a cookbook the first time I note recipes and page numbers and put that on the front cover of the book.

I also belong to Eatyourbooks.com and you can interact with their postings of your cookbooks. I did a "forever" membership when it was announced last year.
Have not worked with my Kindle cookbooks much but I did use the search for .Make-a-mix: Over 300 Easy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day

Hope either of my suggestions help.

message 9: by Britt☮ (new)

Britt☮ (genki_bee) | 55 comments stormhawk wrote: "There's a company that makes a waterproof box ..."

http://www.medgestore.com/products/ki...

message 10: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom Waterproof Kindle Case
http://trendydigital.com/index.php?ma... (K3)
I like to read when I kayak or go to the beach so this is perfect for my needs. My friends got one to use in her kitchen she has her cook books on it and was afraid of spills.