Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Bad Guys That Won't Die Already!

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jD (last edited Dec 06, 2010 11:14PM) (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Have you read or are reading a series where the bad guy just won't die? Sometimes it's good and sometimes it just gets old.

For me, it's getting old with Midnight Breed, enough with Dragos.
I'm happy with BDB's wrap on the Mr. X and Omega.
I'm happy with the Demonica's wrap on the bad brother.
Just wondering if any of you have such a list in your heads and hearts. I don't know how spoilers can be avoided so just say it upfront.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Dark-Hunter's Stryker, gah! Even though I read his book...I still don't like him.

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Yes, I was glad when whats-his-face finally died in the Demonica series. It was about to get ridiculous, LOL.

message 4: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Smut Bitch wrote: "Dark-Hunter's Stryker, gah! Even though I read his book...I still don't like him."

OMG -- Stryker died! I am a few books behind on the Dark Hunter series. Better add them to my TBR list. Dang...that's a can't miss.

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) jD wrote: "Smut Bitch wrote: "Dark-Hunter's Stryker, gah! Even though I read his book...I still don't like him."

OMG -- Stryker died! I am a few books behind on the Dark Hunter series. Better add them t..."

No, Stryker is not dead. He is very much alive and still causing problems for the Dark-Hunters. You didn't miss anything.

message 6: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (millaz) Can I throw in Legion from the LOTU here?

I know she's not "technally" a guy, but still..

I literally havent met a "bad guy" I hate more than Legion.. And she's supposed to be one of the good guys? Phu-lease.. Give me a break..

message 7: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Legion is growing on me but if I had to be honest, she and Anya can both die in an explosion and I will be okay with that.

message 8: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Audrey wrote: "jD wrote: "Smut Bitch wrote: "Dark-Hunter's Stryker, gah! Even though I read his book...I still don't like him."

OMG -- Stryker died! I am a few books behind on the Dark Hunter series. Better a..."

Now I am pissed that he is still alive. He is one of the reasons I stopped reading the series. He is way overdue to die.

message 9: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (millaz) jD wrote: "Legion is growing on me but if I had to be honest, she and Anya can both die in an explosion and I will be okay with that."

LOL - Well, as long as Legion is in that explosion, I'm happy.. Oh, and of course Lash from BDB..
I read some where, Ward saying that he wasnt really dead yet, so he's coming back.. SOB! He's in my explosion too, for sure.. Legion and Lash.. What a great couple they would make.. ;o)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments jD wrote: "Audrey wrote: "jD wrote: "Smut Bitch wrote: "Dark-Hunter's Stryker, gah! Even though I read his book...I still don't like him."

OMG -- Stryker died! I am a few books behind on the Dark Hunter ..."

Yeah, that's not happening any time soon... if you get caught up and read his book you'll be like WTF! She takes that story in quite an interesting direction...

message 11: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments She's not a bad guy, like at all, but I really want Ziey in House of Night to die and STAY DEAD!
Hate her with an unbridled passion.

message 12: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Zoey bugs me so bad, I honestly don't think i can even read that series anymore

message 13: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments What's the name of Stryker's book in the Dark Hunter series?

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments One Silent Night is his book.

message 15: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I have to agree about Stryker. I was not fond of him getting his own book. And now, not only is he very much alive, but very dangerous as well.

And he's not a bad guy, but I really think Nick needs to stop acting like a butthead.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Oh my god, I completely agree! Nick needs to get his head out of his butt and start being Nick again. I loved Nick when he was human and I want that fun, silly guy back.

message 17: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Nick is another one of the reasons I stopped reading the Dark Hunter series. He is a pain in the a**.

message 18: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) I agree about Nick ... he is getting on my last nerve with the whining and blaming Ash for everything! He better redeemed himself soon. :-)

message 19: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Wait! I am an idiot. I just checked and Stryker's book was after Acheron, it's number 16. I read most of that one before it went in the fire pit. (Yes, I really burn them when I am not pleased). I remember Zephyra and the s'mores. She is one sick puppy. I was overwhelmed by all the freaking new species and things introduced to the mix. I am pretty sure I am done with the series. There was so much crap on the sidelines I forgot it was Stryker's book but thought of it as Zephyra's.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I liked "No Mercy" her newest book. Its about Dev, one of the bears. He is hot!

message 21: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. | 252 comments Jennifer wrote: "I liked "No Mercy" her newest book. Its about Dev, one of the bears. He is hot!"

I agree. There is just something about him.

message 22: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 162 comments I really like the were-hunters books, more than the dark hunters at this point.

message 23: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (lag28wa) | 46 comments The Were-Hunter books almost always end up being good. When I know I am getting into a Were-Hunter book I relax because I know its probably gonna be good.

Stryker really does need to die. Man, let go of the grudge already you idiot! Somehow I think him knowing that he CAN'T get the curse lifted isn't gonna stop him. He's an idiot and his ideas are ridiculous. I love how no one tells anyone else that what they are doing is not only going to destroy its intended target, but the person THAT IS DOING THE TARGETING as well!! Like do you really want to die just to get revenge? How petty!

I wish I had skipped Stryker's book, or found some cliff notes or something. I had to really force myself through the last half of it.

Stryker did earn a little respect from me when he came to a gentleman's agreement with Ravyn and chose not kill or hurt him since he wasn't the one who had screwed him over that day. As for the rest of the time he thinks with his penis while his head is in a giant cloud of testosterone. Same with Nick. He's got a major axe to grind but loser knows its not gonna make him feel better!

message 24: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 162 comments Stryker's book is the only one I haven't read. I seem to not want to read it. Did I miss anything important?

message 25: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments @ Crystal
Yeah, he didn't die and he got a crazy psycho mate who is worst then him to add to his insanity. It's distrubing, I need a drink.

message 26: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Crystal wrote: "Stryker's book is the only one I haven't read. I seem to not want to read it. Did I miss anything important?"

Yes! The ending is rather important to the future of the Dark-Hunter/daemon war.

message 27: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 162 comments I'm in the process of rereading the series so I guess I'll read his book even though I'm not big on reading the books of the bad guys.

message 28: by Suz (new)

Suz Stryker is a pain, but his book showed me more facets to him than I expected there to be. I understand him a little better. I don't like him any better, but I understand him a little better.

Two people I'd like to see kick it and they aren't even supposed to be bad guys.

Dolf and Richard - both from the Anita Blake series. Sick of both of them and their issues. Do the series a favor and die, or get a coma or something.

message 29: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments There is another character that I hate but most may not consider her a bad guy but I do. That would be Ivy A Fistful of Charms. I would still be reading that series if she had staked Ivy in the second book. Twisted.

message 30: by AH (new)

AH | 123 comments jD wrote: "There is another character that I hate but most may not consider her a bad guy but I do. That would be Ivy A Fistful of Charms. I would still be reading that series if she had staked..."

Oh, I agree with you. I love the series, can't stand Ivy.

message 31: by Schay (new)

Schay NEFERET.

That is all.

message 32: by Melissa ** (last edited Jan 27, 2011 01:39PM) (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments jD wrote: "There is another character that I hate but most may not consider her a bad guy but I do. That would be Ivy A Fistful of Charms. I would still be reading that series if she had staked..."

She gets better. But I agree she gets on my nerves most of the time.

message 33: by AH (new)

AH | 123 comments Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I had to stop reading that series. She was annoying.

message 34: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 112 comments AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I had to stop reading that series. She was annoying."

I stopped reading that too. They were all annoying. Best habit I ever broke.

message 35: by Schay (new)

Schay AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to read Book 8 *enter dramatic verb*, when it comes out. I seem to enjoy punishing myself.

message 36: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Schay wrote: "AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to read Book 8 *enter dramatic verb*, when it comes ou..."

I already did and when I was done I said I won't read the next one, but I know I will.

message 37: by Schay (new)

Schay Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to read Book 8 *enter dramatic ver..."

Maybe we're subconsciously waiting for the victorious moment Neferet finally dies...I'm praying this happens in the next two books.

message 38: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Schay wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to read Book 8 *enter dr..."

There is only 4 more books I think. The pain and suffering has to end soon.

message 39: by Schay (last edited Jan 28, 2011 10:15AM) (new)

Schay Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to r..."

NOOOOO! Murphy's Law will ensure that Neferet lives to the very end. Meanwhile, Zoey will pick up two more guys and Erik will convert to Edward Cullenism...
*sadface*

message 40: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Schay wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ..."

The worse part is that I keep buying them. I don't have clue why.

message 41: by Schay (new)

Schay Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Schay wrote: "AH wrote: "Schay wrote: "NEFERET.

That is all."

I'd be lying..."

*shakes head in sympathy*
Maybe reading the blurb of the next book will act as a deterrent :)
I wait for my library to order it, even if it takes a few extra weeks.

message 42: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I gave up on the series after book 6. Now I take my joy from mocking it (I am a sad person, I know).

message 43: by Schay (new)

Schay AlbertaJenn wrote: "I gave up on the series after book 6. Now I take my joy from mocking it (I am a sad person, I know)."

I mock it while reading it. How's that for multi-tasking?