Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > Weird news: 52.5-mile police chase of a...

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Hah!

message 3: by Jammies (new)

Jammies And with a dump truck, of all things. I'm still in shock. I mean, if a 3 year old could commit GTA, I'm pretty sure a dump truck would be the #1 vehicle stolen. But a 17 year old? The mind, it boggles.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I know someone who drunk-bid himself a $10 000 backhoe on Ebay this weekend. He can afford it, but he can't figure out why he did it.

message 5: by Jammies (new)

Jammies LOL. Ask if you can borrow it!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments There's also the minor detail that it's in Tennessee. He has six days to figure out how to get it from there. I suggested riding it Gerry-style.

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Who can't use a back hoe?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Might as well...I'll try the next time I see him drunk.

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments OK Here is my weird news of the day: Michelle Bachman (who used to work for Jimmy Carter's campaign and now loves the tea party) is thinking of running for President. Of the United States. I wish I were kidding. Iowa home-schoolers think she is the bomb.

Michele, I have a suggestion for your running mate: Northwest Iowa Congressman Steve King. That way you could be known as Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 26, 2011 08:41AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Isn't she from Iowa originally, Cynthia?

''It's very strange that we get involved in a chase with a dump truck,'' said Stow Police Chief Louis A. Dirker Jr., a 36-year police veteran. ''Those aren't the most agile vehicles around."

This is my favorite news quote in recent memory.

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments I think she was born in Waterloo, Iowa. She's a nut job. But an attractive nut job, so apparently that reminds people of what's her name from Alaska.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I know separating Bachmann's politics from her physical form is difficult, but I don't think she's pretty.

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments The tea party people think she's hot. I still don't know how she got elected in Minnesota. Minnesotans usually have a pretty low tolerance for bullshit.

message 14: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I don't know how RA can say she's not pretty!

Photobucket

She's dead sexy if you ask me... ;P

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments (in my best Chevy Chase voice)...and in today's Presidental candidate news:

"CONCORD, N.H. – In his latest trip to New Hampshire, Republican Rick Santorum says the Social Security system would be in much better shape if there were fewer abortions."

message 16: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Cynthia wrote: "(in my best Chevy Chase voice)...and in today's Presidental candidate news:

"CONCORD, N.H. – In his latest trip to New Hampshire, Republican Rick Santorum says the Social Security system would be in much better shape if there were fewer abortions."

*sits on hands to avoid making a "his mama" comment*

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments So exactly what are you typing with then?

message 18: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Duh, my horns.

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I feel so ashamed for not knowing that!

message 20: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Ashamed enough to let me have just teeny nibble of your smart brain? *flaps eyelashes*

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Look over there, Phil has his hat off.

::runs the other way quickly::