This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
i hate moles!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jackie "the Librarian" I can sympathize, Ali. I've had one cancerous mole taken off my shoulder, and another possibly cancerous one is scheduled to come off my arm (same arm, too) in a couple of weeks.

But it's better to get them off when they're small, and the only treatment needed is simple removal, than to wait and have it possibly spread.

Jackie "the Librarian" Aww, how could you hate that little whiskery nose?

Servius  Heiner I don't mind squirrels, there actually pretty goofy to watch. As an added bonus I hear they love Richard Gear ;)

Plus I feel really bad about how many I run over with my work truck up here. I swear they are suicidal.

message 4: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jul 27, 2008 11:30AM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" Ali, yes, they cut out a circle of skin in a one-inch diameter around the site of the mole, just using local anaesthesia. I was sitting up and totally awake and watching, the whole, short procedure. Then they stitched me back together. I had to go back a week or so later to have the stitches taken out.

It wasn't bad, really - I didn't take any of the pain medication they prescribed, just some extra-strength Excedrine. I have a two-inch scar on my shoulder, now.

Before they did all this, though, they had shaved off the mole, and analyzed it to see if it was cancer.

Servius  Heiner Because it is an evil bastard! I would shave it off myself. Then cook it on the grill, add a little A1 and I bet it would be pretty tasty.

message 6: by Inkdaub (new)

Inkdaub Oh yeah I got moles. I got moles all over and I hate them.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin uhh... i think i have maybe 2 moles 1. on neck and 1. on hip

message 8: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I thought you meant moles as in Alger Hiss...

message 9: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I thought this thread was about a quantity of atoms of any element equal to Avogadro's number.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori Hey Ali and Jackie - I have also had a pre-cancerous mole removed. I'm also a moley person, hee. What's more, I used to love lying out in the sun. I could just feel it warming all my muscles until every bit of tension dripped down into a big puddle. And til I was about 30, there was no sunscreen, oh no it was baby oil and reflectors. The object was to get my hair blonder and lighter as my skin got darker than my hair. Crazy!

Now I go to the dermatologist once a year to get my whole body scanned. Do it Ali, it's a great relief. Make an appointment NOW.

I had a close friend die from melanoma. If you do have something, if you get it taken care of immediately you'll be fine. Another friend had a melanoma at your age, she's now in her mid-40s.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori Well, September is not that far off really. But is there anyway you can ask to speak to a manager and tell them this may be a melanoma, and by waiting they may end up paying ALOT more so it doesn't make sense?

My husband is very good at that kind of browbeating. Most times I hate it, sometimes it comes in handy.

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori At 22 who thinks of these kinds of things, like medical networking? Ali, just relax, stay out of the sun or wear hats and sunscreen, and your appointment is only 4 weeks away.

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Oh, that is totally the rodent that died in my basement. I hate rodents, and don't have any fondness for dead things either. I had to call the landlord, and he finally came out to rid me of the dead rodent in the basement, but in the meantime, I had to leave all my laundry in the dryer for a week because otherwise I'd have to walk right past the dead mole.

Ew. *shudder*

I'm not a big fan of melanoma, either. But at least it doesn't have claws.

Jackie "the Librarian" The mole is gone
The mole is gone away
The mole is gone, haters.
The mole is gone away
It might have done me wrong they say
And I'd be sorry someday

The mole is gone
It's gone away from me
The mole is gone, haters
The mole is cut away from me
Although I'll still live on
But so scarred still I'll be

The mole is gone
It's gone away for good
Oh, the mole is gone, haters,
Haters, it's gone away for good.
Someday I know the stitches will come out.
I won't look like Frankenstein.

You know I'm free, free now they say
I'm free from the mole.
I'm free, free now
I'm free from the mole.
And now that it's over
I have to go back once a year.

:::With apologies to B. B. King

Now if only the feeling would return to my forearm! It's doing that weird tingly thing, like after getting a filling at the dentist.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.