Urban Fantasy discussion

UF BOOK CHAT > Karen Marie Moning -- What's next?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Serena (new)

Serena | 9 comments As you all know it's almost about that time, for me it's not coming quick enough (Jan 18, 2011). I've read all of Moning's novels and enjoyed them each quite thoroughly and I was just curious if anyone knew if anything else is or will be in the works for the future. The highlander series is complete (with future re-visitation possibilities according to her wbst) and come Jan 18, 2011 her Fever series will officially be completed as well. So, what's next? I am also anticipating books from other authors but KMM is one of my favorites, hopefully this isn't the end :-/.

message 2: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom I found this on her web site in the Shadowfever release party info:KMM SIGNS NEW THREE-BOOK CONTRACT Random House acquires the rights to the next three novels set in the Fever World! Fun fact: KMM hid the title of the next series somewhere in Shadowfever. Can you find it?

message 3: by Serena (new)

Serena | 9 comments oh great!! ..I'm going to go poke around her website for more info on these books :-). Thanks!

message 4: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Dec 06, 2010 04:42PM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) I bet the next 3 will follow Dani. What do ya think?

message 5: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom I hope so, i see an interesting future for her.

message 6: by Serena (new)

Serena | 9 comments I hope so too! I like Dani lol. Do you think the 3 books will focus on the journey of one or two main characters like Mac & Barrons in the fever series or each book for each character like her highlander series? If so, I wonder who...

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciavillasenor) | 6 comments I read book one of the Fever series and held off so far on reading the rest just because I don't want to get re-hooked before the next book comes out. I feel like a fiend!

message 8: by Serena (last edited Dec 08, 2010 04:41PM) (new)

Serena | 9 comments lol...good for you, wish I would have did the same! Luckily the wait isn't much longer though. I'm going to re-read the series but at the beginning of January in prep for the series finale :-).

message 9: by Lisa O. (new)

Lisa O. | 48 comments I'm re-reading the series now, but I started too soon. I'm already halfway through Faefever and there's still over a month left! Oh well, it'll be here soon enough, and the series is just as good the second time around!

message 10: by Chantal (new)

Chantal Halpin | 21 comments I'm starting my re-read after Christmas, but it may still be too soon! 28 days to go :)

message 11: by Georgie (new)

Georgie Payne (georgiep) | 5 comments I'm going to have to look at this author as I've never heard of her. Shows you what I know LOL.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Georgie, her Fever series is a great series. I'm enjoying her Highlander one too, but Fever is amazing. Book 1 is a little different because you have to learn to embrace where the lead character is starting from and where she's heading to, but every book from number 2 on is fabulous.

Yeah, I'm doing my re-read at the first of the year to get ready for Shadowfever. Can't wait to see what details I pick up the second time around.

message 13: by Chantal (new)

Chantal Halpin | 21 comments I'm going to take notes! How sad is that? I have never been this bad about a series before - thank goodness I didn't discover it from the beginning; I would be out of mind by now.
It is so cleverly written in a large story arc, the characters (well mostly Mac) evolve and develop over time and one person in particular is deep, mysterious and dangerous *sigh*
This series should come with a health warning - full of cliff hangers and intrigue...okay maybe I am a little out of mind;) delirious with a bit of a fever:)

message 14: by Serena (new)

Serena | 9 comments Chantal, your reaction is totally normal lol. Most of us feel this way, which is why we were going crazy when we heard the final book was not going to be release until over a year later (pulling my hair out lol). I read dreamfever when it came out 8/2009 or 10/2009 (whenever it came out lol) and, I haven't picked it up since I finished it. That cliff hanger really did me in lol. But now as time is approaching I've been speculating with the others as to "who is the beast" and "what's going to happen" lol. I'm going to re-read the series thoroughly starting Jan 2, 2011 and hopefully it will keep me occupied as well as possibly clue me in to what may happen in Shadowfever when it comes out :-).

Georgie, I agree with Stacia; the fever series in my opinion is one of the best I've read. You'll enjoy it :-). A lot of people read her highlander series first before the fever series though. They are technically two different series but they sorta tie into each other. But! you don't have to read her Highlander Series lol that's just what I've noticed that most readers do via intro to the fever world. I read her fever series first then her highlander series.

Lisa, I started to pull out the books and start re-reading them now, but then I had a flash back to Dreamfever and how it ended and thought I'd wait a little longer. lol

message 15: by Becca (new)

Becca (goblinfan) | 215 comments Is the Fever series Urban Fantasy with a heavy side of romance? Or is it more plot and story heavy with a tiny bit of romance thrown in for a little flavor? I'm only asking because I have no clue what this series is about, and though I'm interested I refuse to read romance books.

message 16: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Becca wrote: "Is the Fever series Urban Fantasy with a heavy side of romance? Or is it more plot and story heavy with a tiny bit of romance thrown in for a little flavor? I'm only asking because I have no clue w..."

More plot and story heavy.

message 17: by Becca (new)

Becca (goblinfan) | 215 comments Goodie. Thanks Theresa. :D