Amazon Kindle discussion

Books by members > A new novel just in time for the Holidays

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Santo (locoduc) | 12 comments Temperature: Dead and Rising byAdam Santois available for the Kindle today! http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98...
Dark, funny, and filled with suspense, Temperature: Dead and Rising by new author Adam Santo is a wildly creepy fantasy—and a corpse of a good time. When Sally Mertill is driving a carload of her friends back to Green Mountain Falls after visiting Pike’s Peak they’ll careen off the side of the mountain. With no guardrails it’s not surprising there are no survivors. And yet within two days a not altogether bad fellow named Bocnic Drewings will call upon the metal drawer where her body awaits autopsy, open it, and lead her on the adventure of a lifetime—well, that’s if she’d have survived the accident. The powers that be have chosen Sally to become undead and she’s the only other person time eternal who’s been given the power to raise the dead—and control them. When leaders of rival undead clans find out, they either want to control or destroy her, which makes Sally staying undead a bit of a challenge.

A great way to spend an afternoon reading!

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna | 50 comments Read your plot synopsis and it sounds very interesting, but a little steep for me at $9.99. Maybe it will come down eventually?

message 3: by Adam (last edited Dec 08, 2010 12:36PM) (new)

Adam Santo (locoduc) | 12 comments I hope to see it drop. This novel debuted just a few months ago. Being the first in the series (and my first) makes it difficult to drop so soon. It will be posted here the moment the price drops or offers a coupon. On a side note, when Google links the ebook the digital version will be half off (as a bundle). Hope that helps.

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam Santo (locoduc) | 12 comments Because you asked -
I could only find these places to offer discounts:
Smashwords (eBook)-
Promotional price: $5.99
Coupon Code: WX37E
Expires: December 25, 2010
Createspace eStore (Paperback)-
Coupon code: 6DR7NA53
Promotion Price: $4.00 off

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna | 50 comments Thanks, Adam! With the kindle, I get nervous ordering ebooks from other places... I've had versions (epub?) that didn't work for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the kindle will drop price at some point. You can be sure I will keep checking!

For others with other ebook readers, that's great info about Smashwords. I'm sure they appreciate it.

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam Santo (locoduc) | 12 comments Amazon slashes the prices, not the authors. I did what I could. Thank you for considering the title.

message 7: by Chester (new)

Chester | 29 comments Hi, Adam, I first priced my books on the Kindle at $8.95 and they didn't sell. Then I discovered the trend to $2.99, dropped the price, and now they're selling well. You might have the same experience.

Incidentally, my new Greg McKenzie mystery, A Sporting Murder, is also just out in time for Christmas. The plot takes place around the holidays. All my books ($2.99 for Kindle) are listed at http://www.is.gd/dzwcF.

message 8: by Adam (new)

Adam Santo (locoduc) | 12 comments New price listed on Amazon. Please visit www.adamsanto.weebly.com for details and places besides Amazon to find your copy.

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna | 50 comments Adam wrote: "New price listed on Amazon. Please visit www.adamsanto.weebly.com for details and places besides Amazon to find your copy."

Thanks for the update, Adam.... since the price is now more "doable", I've bought it! Looking forward to reading it.

message 10: by Adam (new)

Adam Santo (locoduc) | 12 comments Thank you. I hope you enjoy it and please leave a review for others (good or bad). I like honesty more than my ego does. : )