Crimson Company- A Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay discussion

Crimson Company Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 174 (174 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 68 comments Mod
Captain Marcellus looked at his camp. His army of mercenaries and sell swords wasnt large by any means but it got the job done.

A regiment of 20 odd Tilean Pikeman and a score of Estalian Crossbowman formed the core of the Crimson Company.

He had five elven light outriders and a dozen or so Brettonian Knights.

Then there was his odder crew. Half a score of dwarf crossbowman and thier light cannon and three giant ogres also were there.

Alex was his trusy leutanet, and helped Marcellus lead the company.

Then there were the elves. Sometimes Marcellus wondered the sanity of keeping such enimies in his army. The High Elf and the Dark Elf criminal almost came to blows on a daily basis.

Shadowblade and his four lackeys had come not to long ago but they always proved themselves, as long as they got paid.

But they fought like devils and they always proved themselves in battle.

From their posts he heard a sentry cry "Cavalry appoaching!"

Marcellus reacted instantly "Allright ogres and knights take the left flank! On the right flank the elven horsemen along with Alirus!

Dwarf and Crossbowmen on eitherside of the pikemen! Alex its your job to keep them in line! Shadowblade... Just do what you do."

Soon the battle formation was ready.

"Steady in the ranks!" cried Marcellus as he gripped the saddle with his knees. The Marcellus was well liked with the knights and he often rode into battle with them.

The dozen or so new cavalry men could be seen riding across the horizon. When they got about just about out of bowshot he saw one of them waving a white flag.

"Alright, You three knights will accompany me" said Marcellus pointing to three of his most trusted knight "The rest of you will not act until you see my signal"

They rode out to see what they wanted.

The leader of the mystery cavalry asked "whos your leader?"

"That'd be me, captain marcells"

"I understand you lot do fighting for gold?"

"Aye"

"Well a group of about 20 chaos ogres have come down from the north and are raiding our village about 6 miles east of here. They raid almost every night with four or five ogres and many cultist who worship them. We can fend them off but its only a matter of time until they attack in full force. Will you help us?"

"Well that sounds awfully dangerous..." said Marcellus "it's going to cost you"

Two of the mean heaved a chest and opened it. It was full of sliver cutlery, gold peices and perals and some precious stones.

"will this be suffecient?" asked the man

"Aye. We'll take half now and the other half upon completion."

"Fair enought"

Half of the chests contents changed hands and Marcellus rode back to his awaiting army.

"Ladies and gentelmen, We have a job!" he cried

"A host of chaos ogres is amassing in a cave about 8 miles east of here. Apparently there about 20 or so of them"

"It will be a tough fight, but Ulric knows weve never shied away from one of them!"

"I agree but we'll need someone fast and swift. It has to be an elf. Ogres are bloody fast"

"Alirus and her riders would most likely be our safest bet."

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus stepped forwards. "I can be as swift as needed," she said calmly, nodding her head to the Captain, "whenever you call upon our services."

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) ((I have the 'five elven light riders,' correct?))

"Formations! Ready March!"

And so the crimson company began thier march for thier date with the choas ogres and thier cultists!

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus nudged Palouse and caught up with the Captain, sparing a passing glare at Shadowbane. If they'd met anywhere but in this company, she'd have slit his throat so fast, he wouldn't have had time to blink. She turned to Marcellus.

"And what exactly do you need my riders to do, Captain?"

"Well ride in a nd fire off a few hours and lure them out of thier caves. Then the crossbowman can make mincemeat out of them."

((And yes you have 5 elves))

message 10: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus nodded, smiling. Her band of hand-chosen archers, on horseback, against some slow, lumbering, hairy ogres? Not to be overconfident, but it seemed like this would be a simple job.

"Of couse but why waste lives if we dont need to? It would be much safer to fill them with bolts from a distance then whipe them out with a simultaneos knight/pikemen/ ogre charge."

message 12: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) "And then get paid a boatload for a simply done job. Easy pickings." Ailurus added, smiling slightly.

"Exactly" Marcellus stated grinning.

message 14: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus simply nodded, her piece said.

Marching up to the hills Marcellus formed his battle line.

Alex and her pikemen formed thier pikewall.

The dwarfs and crossbowman raised their crossbows in preparation.

The cave of the ogres loomed like a maw ready to devour all who entered.

Marcellus and his knights were on the eastern edge of the cave waiting to charge once the pikemen had him distracted.

"Now Ailurus!" Marcellus shouted.

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus shouted a few choice, battle-inciting words in her native tongue to her archers. They and their mounts thundered down the slope, bows ready and firing.

Marcellus watched as the brave elves rode nimbly into the mouth of the cave. Who knew what horrors they would find in there?

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus laughed as she saw ogre after ogre fall to her archers' swift, deadly arrows. This was too easy!

Ailurus frowned. Now that she thought upon it, it was too easy.

With a roar an ogre with both of his eyes shot out by arrows burst up.

He was covered in brass armour and instead of a left arm he had a tentecle.

"Praise to the Plaguelord!" it screamed and lashed out with a tentecle.

It caught an unlucky elf in the throat, crushing its windpipe.

All the ogres that the elves assumed to be dead started getting back up! They were regenerating the arrow wounds!

message 20: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus balked at the sight of the mutant creatures. "Back away to a safe distance! REGROUP!" she screeched, not willing to say the cursed word 'retreat'. Her elves would finish this battle, whether they had to fight it once or hundreds of times.

Ailurus's riders dashed up to marcellus's knights.

"What the hell happened up there?" screamed Marcellus removing his helmet. "Are the ogres still inside the caves?

message 22: by Maggie (last edited Dec 27, 2010 10:54AM) (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus, firing one more arrow, reached Marcellus and his knights. "Sir, there is much more involved here than we might have first thought."

Ailurus's first lieutenant, a strapping, yet skilled young archer named Leptae, moved forward. "If I may, Sire, the ogres were regenerating, mutating. I was close enough to hear one yell 'Praise to the Plaguelord,' if that will help you." He moved back, chestnut mount heaving below him, to stand beside his leader.

"Damn..." said Marcellus "Aye that helps, if help can be used to describe the predicament that we're in"

"I've only heard one being called the plaguelord, and thats Nurgle, God of Disease. If those ogres were mutated and regenerating then little we do will kill them. We need fire or a very very deadly poison. We need Shadowblade."

message 24: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Ailurus frowned. "My archers could poison or set fire to their arrows, but that is all we can do to help. This is out of our hands."

"Nurgle is the chaos god of the plague. He uses his followers to spread plagues and disease in the mortal world. We cant fight them in close quaters without fear of infection" stated Marcellus "I fear we may have to withdraw or for this is a fight that we cannot wih at the moment."

((whoa slow down there rene! Dark elves tend to be a little more sneaky and subtle then that!))

"Shawdowbane if you and your crew can sneak inside and weaken them with poisoned bolts then maybe we can stand a chance!" said Marcellus as the elf dashed alsongside of his massive charger.

((I'd say no more then 2 or 3- Im surprised someone hasnt added a wizard yet! *hint hint* no fire attacks for the ogres- fire wizards would be useful!))
((If you guys want a little more backstory and such on your race then let me know and I'll hook you up with some linkys. Heres one for dark elves- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Elv... ))

"Then be off!" cried Marcellus.

"Formation!" he shouted "Alex and pikemen to the front dwarfs and ogres on the right, Crossbowman and elvish riders to the left! Knights take the center! We will break them with our lances! Now once Shadowbane and his elves poison the ogres we charge!"

Marcellus waited for shadowbane and his dark elves to strike thier blow.

Then Marcellus looked up at the hills to thier leftmost flank.

The Cultists were pouring down the hill!!

Dozens of crazed Plague Worshipers armed with cruel rusty weapons dashed down the hill screaming praises to nurgle!

"Damn!" shouted marcellus "Light Riders pull back, dwarfs and crossbows focus fire on the cultist, Pikemen about face! Knights and ogres to me! We ride!!"

Marcellus's army responded quickly to his commands and his knights drew thier lances from their sheaths and prepared to charge. The ogres hefted thier clubs and barreled alongside the knights.

"Forward the Company!" cried marcellus and the pikemen lowered thier pikes ready to receive any of the cultsit that broke thought the ogre and knight charge.

THe knights fanned out and with lances pointing towards the cultist they charged.

Lances ripped through diseased flesh and shattred when hitting bones and such.

Marcellus's lance had already gotten stuck in the corpse of a cultist and now in one hand he held his broadsword and in the other his pistol.

Using his knees to steer his horse he faced the cultit army. The ogres were smashing with clubs and had suffered minor wounds but they were about to be overwhelmed through sheer numbers.

Marcellus saw that one of his knights had been dismounted and a cultist hacked at his helmet with a rusty sytche.

He aimed his pistol and blew the top half of the cultist head off. Riding up he hefted the man onto his horse and shouted "retreat! the pikemen will have to deal with them until we can mount another charge!"

Marcellus looked at the cave collapsing all around the ogres. Fire from the bombs wouldnt let them regenerate. The ogres were taken care of. He just hoped shadowbane had gotten out in time.

"were not out of the woods yet!" shouted marcellus dismounting and drawing his sword and reloading his pistol.

The cultists were getting closer and closer. The crossbowmen and dwarfs cut down many of them but there were still dozens left when thier charge hit home on the pikeman formation.

"Forward the company!" cried Marcellus lashing out with sword in one hand and blasting away with pistol in the other.

The cultists were not one to shy away from a fight and aoutnumbered the crimson company 3 to 1.

What the Company lacked in men they made up for in valor. Rank upon Rank of pikes stabbed and jabbed at the enemy while Alex and Marcellus fought back to back.

Then the knights and the ogres mounted thier charge. Smashing into each flank of the enemy they carved a parth of destruction to the middle of the enemy.

"Forward the company!" Marcellus shouted seeing that the cultist were on the verge of breaking."Forward for gold and glory forward for victotry!!"

message 34: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Rene wrote: "Suddenly, he found a stone and begins bludgeoning the dwarfs"

((Suddenly? ^_^ Haha))

With the cultists separated and thier forces disrupted, they had no choice but to flee.

"Allow none to escape!" he cried "Shoot them, run them down!"

The elven cavalry had easy pickings taking out running targets with spear and bow.

Marcellus pointed his pistol at the crazed dark elf.

"One more move and I will shoot you elf."

"try it again and I will not hesitate to blow your head off" said Marcellus. "We are an army we do not attck each other. Now get out of my sight before I dock your pay"

"Alirus! Report on the fleeing enemy!"

While waiting for Alirus to return from hunting the fleeing enemy, he formed up the army for reveiw.

The Dwarfs and elves(Dark and High) had survived mainly unscathed.

The knights and ogres had taken the worst of the beating. 2 of the knights were dead and all but 4 had some sort of minor injury.

The ogres were hacked to peices but all they needed was a little food and theyd be good as normal.

"Alex see to the wounded and injured. Make sure the ogres eat and then make camp and set up watched. We need to wait for the elvish riders to return.

message 40: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Angus wrote: "While waiting for Alirus to return from hunting the fleeing enemy, he formed up the army for reveiw.

The Dwarfs and elves(Dark and High) had survived mainly unscathed.

The knights and ogres h..."

Ailurus thundered into camp, followed by her riders. "None escaped, sir, though we had a tough time of it," she explained, a bit dirty from the ride, but exhilarated.

((Guys i feel like i've been waaaaay to controlling of the rp so please please please do whatever the hell you want, within character. Infighting, disobeying orders all just makes for a better roleplay. Please tell me if I'm being too much of a nazi and telling you guys what to do I'm naturally bossy XD))

Marcellus gathered his Leiutantants, Ailurus, Alex, and Shadowbane

"We go to collect the rest of our reward for this job but where do we go next? Lustria to the land of the lizardmen? Drakwold Forest to hunt the wild Beastmen and defend towns of the Empire? Or to the east to the lands of the Ogres? The Border Princes and pledge our services to a Prince of those rougish countries? Or stay in Tilea and find work there?"

message 42: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) "All I know," started Ailurus, "is that I don't wish to pledge myself to the services of any Prince. They're too controlling and might start to think they own us."

"This is true, however they pay good money." Said Marcellus "But I wil not spit another Tilean on my sword. Never agian"

"Then were too my loyal comrades?"

message 45: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) "Yes?"

((ITS ALIVVVEEEE!!!! >:D))

Marcellus spread out a map of the old world upon the table. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...

"I fear the lands of the lizardmen are far too dangerous. I fear for heading to the lands of the Empire for fear of being drawn into service against the threat of the Norsmen, those vile chaos worshippers.

Perhaps... no its far to risky." says Marcellus.

"Something wrong, Alex?" asked Captain Marcellus.

"Do you have something to bring to the discussion?" Marcellus asks sharply.

"Very well. So do you have any opinion."

message 50: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) "Neither have I," said Ailurus, studying the map, deep in thought.

((Geez, I just put that one up as a whatever post, then left. Yay, liveliness!))

« previous 1 3 4