Jane Austen discussion

Fun Austen Stuff > Jane Austen issue of Costume Chronicles!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 674 comments Mod
I thought you all would like to see this.

Costume Chronicles is a bi-monthly web magazine that focuses solely on costume dramas. They always have great layouts and some talented writers, and their latest issue, November/December 2010, is all about Jane Austen! I even contributed an article to it, about Northanger Abbey. :)

Just go to http://www.costumechronicles.com/ and click on "Current Issue" at the top, and the link to download it will be there--just click "Download"! It's a PDF file, just so you know.

The "Archives" are where you can find download links for all the past issues--they are FABULOUS!

And best of all... the January/February 2011 issue will be all Jane Austen too! It will be up February 1! :)

ENJOY!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Very fun! Thanks for the link! (Lots of yummy photos)!!

message 3: by P. (new)

P. Costume Chronicles is a bi-monthly web magazine that focuses solely on costume dramas. They always have great layouts and some talented writers, and the.

Thank you for this delightful link, Rachel and congratulations!

message 4: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Megan wrote: "Very fun! Thanks for the link! (Lots of yummy photos)!!"

I know, Megan! Their graphic design is great and has been that way for almost every issue. I adore the Pride and Prejudice illustration on the "Contents" page! :)

P. wrote: "Costume Chronicles is a bi-monthly web magazine that focuses solely on costume dramas. They always have great layouts and some talented writers, and the.

Thank you for this delightful link, Rachel..."

THANKS, P!

message 5: by Sanna (new)

Sanna | 12 comments I had never heard of this magazine before, but it's wonderful =) Thanks for the link!

message 6: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 226 comments Ooh I'll need to bookmark this site when I get home!

Thank you!!

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) couldn't get on the link, the background was a teal green.

message 8: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Robin wrote: "couldn't get on the link, the background was a teal green."

Oh, I'm sorry you had trouble, Robin. Do you have dial-up? That's what we have here at home and it takes a few minutes for some of the beautiful pictures on the site to load and then the links at the top of the page pop up. If you have high-speed, then I'm not sure of the problem. (And what would the color of the background have to do with it?) I hope you'll keep trying because the issues are amazing!

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) The color of the background was what I was just description for if anyone else went on the site and got the same results.

message 10: by Esther (new)

Esther | 1 comments The website is also flash based, so if flash is not installed on your browser (or if flash is blocked completely) it may not load for you. :)

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) we don't have that capability at least not on my computer.

message 12: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Esther wrote: "The website is also flash based, so if flash is not installed on your browser (or if flash is blocked completely) it may not load for you. :)"

Hey, Esther! Great to see you here! THANKS SO MUCH for explaining what might be causing the problem. I had completely forgotten Flash was needed to run the site.

Sorry about that, Robin, but I hope maybe you can access a computer with Flash sometime and see the site and the wonderful issues of Costume Chronicles!

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) I have a computer but I don't have Flash.

message 14: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

I'm just reminding everyone: the second Jane Austen issue of Costume Chronicles--the January/February 2011 issue--is up now at the site linked in my first post above. Another wonderful issue! Enjoy it too!