Fast Times At Sunnydale High discussion

Buffy books > "Pretty Maids all in a Row"

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments Has anyone elce read this book? It takes place in the past, so its events should go with the shows, right? Well there is something that happens in the book that goes against the known history of Spike and Drew. Whoever read it knows what I'm talking about, so chim in.

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill | 55 comments Mod
Haven't read it yet. It's on my wife's to-read list. Since Spike and Dru are her favorite characters (or very high on her list of faves), this book likes interesting. Thanks for mentioning it!

message 3: by Kay (new)

Kay (bubblecat) | 9 comments Hey Rachel,

The novel's aren't canon, so there can be things that happen in them that totally goes against the show. You could have anything happen (there's one which has Buffy having a baby)!!

I've read Pretty Maids, I really enjoyed it, I thought the author captured Spike and Dru's character quite well :)

message 4: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leighb) Pretty maids all in a row is probably one of the very best Buffy novels. The characters are spot on and the writing is great. My personal favorite.

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeffbickley) That's actually the only Buffy novel I have read, and I enjoyed it a lot. I thought it could make a good movie. I don't remember what happens that goes against Spike and Dru's history, though. It's been a while since I read it. BTW, Spike and Dru are my favorite couple in BtVS. I absolutely love the scene in "Fool For Love" when she turns William. That line about "burning baby fishes" just cracks me up every time. Juliet Landau was truly amazing in that role.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments In the end of the book (spoiler here) Spike kills the slayer. It isn't past of his history as stated in the show. Thats the only thing in the book that made me upset, otherwise I loved it.

message 7: by Janice (new)

Janice (niecers) | 1 comments I read it when it first came out. I am planning to reread it soon. I do remember that it was one of the best Buffy novels. Can't wait to relive it.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellymorgan) | 3 comments I'm sure there are some inconsistencies in many of the Buffy extended universe novels.
I remember seeing some, I just can't remember what they are lol

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments But this is a big one, not just messing up a time-line, but re-writing it. I know the whole "freedom of writing" but come on! Joss decided the background of Spike, why change it?