Avoca Book Club discussion

Bulletin Board > Book Quotes

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magpie67 (new)

Magpie67 | 617 comments Mod
Post Your new favorite Quote from the book you are reading at the moment.

message 2: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 450 comments This quote comes from the book The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. Grandpa Vance to Emily: " How we see the world changes all the time. It all depends on our mood". I just LOVE that!

message 3: by Magpie67 (new)

Me too.... I loved all his words of wisdom!

message 4: by Magpie67 (new)

Great Quote from a famous author:

"It was clear that the books owned the shop rather than the other way about. Everywhere they had run wild and taken possession of the their habitat, breeding and multiplying and clearing lacking and strong hand to keep them down." Agatha Christie (1963)

message 5: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 450 comments Magpie67 wrote: "Great Quote from a famous author:

"It was clear that the books owned the shop rather than the other way about. Everywhere they had run wild and taken possession of the their habitat, breeding an..."

I like this quote!!

message 6: by Magpie67 (new)

"She loved being surrounded by books. Uncarting them, shelving them, designing displays. She love the smell and the texture and the look of them. And the surprises uncovered when she flipped one open at random and saw the play of words on paper." Face the Fire

message 7: by Magpie67 (new)

"There's a time when you're super-little when you don't really know yet that bad things exist. It's before that first bully pushes you down on the nursery-school floor and says something like 'I'm a lion and I'n going to eat you up.' It's before that first grade teacher puts you in a timeout for talking, even though you weren't talking and it was actually Stephen Sills. It's before you see your best friend's dad punch her mom. That's when you realize people aren't always good."

Endure by Carrie Jones

message 8: by Dara S. (new)

Dara S. (dara85) | 14 comments These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner had some great quotes

See this discussion: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 9: by Magpie67 (new)

Cool! I'm going to mention this book to my Harlan group to read this year.

message 10: by Magpie67 (new)

“The sun shines. Readers read.”
― Roderick Townley, The Great Good Thing

“Once upon a time she had felt trapped inside her story with its familiar characters and predictable plot. Now she felt locked out of it.”
― Roderick Townley, The Great Good Thing