Christian Support Group :) discussion

general > Christianity and Mediumship/Healing

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 05, 2010 02:44AM) (new)

I was wondering what you thought about mediumship and healing within the Christian faith (or any other God given faith). I don't mean the Sally Morgan's of the world who treat it as an entertainment and money making exercise, I mean the real natural gifts given from God in order to help others.
I had things happen naturally for years and battled against it all worried sick it was going against God. Now 55, I realise not all of this is bad and all healing I do seems to result in good. I don't do 'readings' per se unless they are put in my path, but now act more as a teacher and instructor showing how we should only work with God. I asked priests everywhere I could but most wouldn't discuss it or listen to me but one prominent priest in the church diocese where I live was prepared to listen and after questioning me at length said he had no doubt my gifts were of God and that he now had no problem with me using them as long as I kept doing it the way I do now.
I have written books about it, one is self published as a 'get to know me' book until my agents manage to secure a publishing deal for my main books.
There are samples of them on my profile page if you are interested and I'd love to hear your comments.
I made the mistake of joining atheists and sceptics group before and came across very nasty comments with people who wouldn't listen, so I quite understand what you say in your group rules. At least here, I can be sure of rational comment. Thanks for your time, Lorraine aka A Sceptical Medium
Oh and by the way, I am a CatholicA Sceptical Medium

message 2: by ShadowTalon (new)

ShadowTalon (flameofnight) A friend of mine who also has Goodreads told me of that Atheists and Skeptics group. Out of curiosity I looked it up and checked it out. Some of the comments they make are quite rude, especially from that one person Xox. I don't imagine I would ever join.

What was the comment they made?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Quite a lot of comments, but I chose to ignore them and walk away rather than carry on. People like that won't listen no matter what, so I don't waste time with them. The past is the past and I look to the future, but I wouldn't advise joining that group if you are an open minded person who is prepared to discuss things rationally as they don't go for that on there.

message 4: by ShadowTalon (last edited Dec 05, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

ShadowTalon (flameofnight) Actually, from what I've read of them, they like to gang up on the rare Christian that joins and give so many arguments at a time that the Christian has no way of replying to them all.

The one of them that I do like, though, is MadgeUK. She seems very reasonable and friendly.

message 5: by Dibily Do (last edited Dec 18, 2010 08:38AM) (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments Yep, I heard of the Atheists and Skeptics group, and yes, Xox is a rude person along with a guy called Nathan. I think that Xox was hurt by the church, and that is why he is like that.

In other groups, I debate with Nathan and a person called rbg. They are both atheists and get on my nerves. But I have to realize that there are going to be rude people out there, and they still need to hear the Good News. No mater what. So the best way is just to pray and have faith that what your saying will get though there thick skill some day.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That's interesting. I deleted my account here due to that but am glad I came back as it was my mistake to think I could talk to them rationally.

I'd love to hear what you think about mediumship and healing within the Christian faith. I don't mean the type like the 'entertainment' style. I mean the serious sort that happens naturally without it being expected.

message 7: by Dibily Do (last edited Dec 19, 2010 07:04PM) (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments Lorraine wrote: "That's interesting. I deleted my account here due to that but am glad I came back as it was my mistake to think I could talk to them rationally.

I'd love to hear what you think about mediumship an..."

Alex-wa wrote: "N.S.A (Search for the truth) wrote: "Yep, I heard of the Atheists and Skeptics group, and yes, Xox is a rude person along with a guy called Nathan. I think that Xox was hurt by the church, and that..."

I remember that

I think that God can work miracle's even in this day and age. If it is though prayer or just even talking to people, anything can happen if God wants it to.
I also believe that God gives people some special spiritual gift's to bless other people with, including healing, wisdom, leadership and so on.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I fought for years against what was happening and it was at the age of 50 I accepted it was of God - only when 2 priests agreed.
I now teach what is wrong with the way it is practised by many today and how it cannot be taught or learned, but is a gift of God to be used for good only and all credit to be given to Him.
Thanks for that. x

message 9: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments yep

*Mrs. Brightside* N.S.A (Search for the truth) wrote: "Yep, I heard of the Atheists and Skeptics group, and yes, Xox is a rude person along with a guy called Nathan. I think that Xox was hurt by the church, and that is why he is like that.

In other gr..."

That's a horrible excuse for acting the way he acts. He's like, the worst out of the bunch. Some things he say isn't necessary.

message 11: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Gibson (Arthur_Gibson) Mediumship and healing can be a hot topic. And without knowing you I cannot comment on you or what you do. As for general belief, I do not believe spirits walk the earth or communicate with us. How could there be no tears in heaven if they can see us? I believe that God heals. Just Him. He works through us or does it on His own, but it is Him. Not spirits of our ancestors or those who have died before us. He doesn't need them to communicate with us. No one but God has any powers or abilities anyway, lol. Again, this is just my general belief and I cannot comment on you and your personal situation. You were doubtful and then made peace with God. Well, He is the final judge of all things and this is no different. He has the say :)