Conversations on Website Conversion discussion

Always Be Testing > Chapters 28-31

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Diamond Website Conversion (diamondwebsiteconversion) | 78 comments Mod
In the aftermath of Black Friday, we’re all looking for ways to push forward with sales until the maniacal holiday shopping season culminates with a few hours rest on Christmas Day, and then starting over for a new year.

For online stores, it can be more difficult than ever to keep people on your web page as they chase sales and hunt for bargains.

But paying attention to customer needs and providing great customer service still earns trust better than too-good-to-be-true deals, so in the midst of all the holiday hustle and bustle, it’s still important to focus on key issues such as those presented in this week’s chapters: credibility, product presentation, site navigation, and cross-selling/up-selling.

As an online retailer, what are some ways you can focus on fulfilling customer desires and needs even during the busiest shopping season of the year?

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne | 51 comments Certainly on credibility - little errors can quickly erode the confidence and trust I have in a site. Have yet to seen a typo on Amazon - "the world's largest online retailer.
I certainly treat sites, and my path taken very differently depending on what type of visitor I happen to be for this particular task. Online is certainly about information for me as I cannot get the Nordstrom piano nor the "shopping-mood" music or smells, or eye contact. However, I may be window shopping, in a hurry or curious - regardless, I will not stay nor certainly go through a conversion funnel if you cannot address the type of customer I happen to be at the moment.

In chapter 30, the mention of how a site was very informative yet did not use the correct links nor language to get a visitor deeper into the site, really struck me as this seems to be a very simple thing to avoid, while at the same time, likely a common mistake.

Certainly focusing on the customer needs with the right combination of information and trigger words should lead to a better conversion rate. As the holidays near, my focus becomes less about price and more about shipping deadlines. The language needs to change to match the most common concerns within the holiday time frame.