SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Author Self-Promotion > eBooks under $3

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Xina (new)

Xina Uhl (xinamarieuhl) | 2 comments Hi all!

How about we start a low-priced book thread? Everyone likes good reads that don't cost much, right?

Necropolis is new on Kindle/other ebook formats for only $2.99.

In an ancient desert city where the spirits of long dead rulers rustle through the winding streets, a prison guard is forced to save the life of a young priest whose lost memory holds the key to the fate of two cities. Become entangled in the web of political rivalries, sorcerous intrigues, headlong adventure and deep emotion that is . . . . Necropolis!

message 2: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 231 comments The Fighter King by John Bowers Special, LIMITED-TIME opportunity! The Fighter King, by John Bowers.

The first book of "The Fighter Queen" saga, normally $6.50, is available for 99 cents. Your special price is available at Amazon (for Kindle) only. http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-King-Qu...

Here's your chance to get a running start into the world of The Fighter Queen for just a few cents.

In return for this opportunity, we'd appreciate an honest review on Amazon, once you've finished reading the book.

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam Bender (adambender) | 16 comments We, The Watched by Adam Bender
We, The Watched
$2.99 on Amazon, Smashwords and Scribd
www.wethewatched.com

A 20-something man wakes up without memory and finds himself in a nation that administers a Watched List of its own citizens. He meets people who accept invasive surveillance by the government and forced uniformity by the church as necessary safeguards for protecting the homeland. The amnesiac learns quickly that opposition is heresy—and punishable by death.

WE, THE WATCHED is a dystopian novel by Adam Bender about what happens when one man forgets the propaganda. He makes strides toward getting his life back together, but the fresh perspective granted by his rebirth soon proves to be more a curse than a gift.

message 4: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Mancey | 3 comments If you love fantasy you are likely to love the Cripple and the Staff.

Follow the cursed Cripple of Kilten into a world where crooked dark cities have tunnels instead of streets and clusters of dragon-scaled towers are the abode of seers living in the greatest city of all. A fog of fear rises when the immortals who lived in secret among humans stir, and sorcerers fight for a deadly but powerful staff in a circle of combat in a bid for ultimate power. It is a struggle of the mortals against the immortals, and it all gets complicated when the cripple finds out that he too is an immortal.

On the Kindle http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FM7W36, iBookstore http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-c... or http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick O'Connor | 70 comments The HaChii Concatenation Trilogy (Amazon Kindle) by P. J. O'Connor, are each less than $3.00 apiece. Check them out!

message 6: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 231 comments Al wrote: "The Fighter King by John Bowers Special, LIMITED-TIME opportunity! The Fighter King, by John Bowers.

The first book of "The Fighter Queen" saga, normally $6.50, is available fo..."

The Fighter King is still available for 99 cents at Amazon (for Kindle). If you ever wanted to get started on The Fighter Queen saga or are just curious about it or its exciting new author, John Bowers, this is the chance to sample the waters "on the cheap".

Get it before the offer ends.

message 7: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 231 comments Al wrote: "Al wrote: "The Fighter King by John Bowers Special, LIMITED-TIME opportunity! The Fighter King, by John Bowers.

The first book of "The Fighter Queen" saga, normally $6.50, is a..."

This offer will expire at the end of this month.

message 8: by Shesaidbooks (new)

Shesaidbooks | 1 comments One of our reviewers recently read Brina Courtney's REVEAL which is $2.99 on Kindle. It's Paranormal/ SciFi, we really enjoyed it!
Reveal (Cryptid Tales) by Brina Courtney

message 9: by Gus (new)

Gus (gusgallows) | 3 comments The Price of Honor
$0.99 on Kindle.
Free to Amazon Prime members.

I would love some reviews.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 99 comments Hero - The Unknown Territories by Christopher Fritschi is $2.99 on Amazon. It's a fun read.

message 11: by L. (new)

L. Gibbs (ldgibbs) In Times Passed (Book 1) by L. Darby Gibbs In Times Passed
Price $0.99 at Smashwords, Barnes & Nobel, and others (nearly all formats can be downloaded at Smashwords.com).

SciFi, time travel, character driven.

message 12: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Kay (elliottkay) Good Intentions is $2.99 on Kindle and Smashwords. It's a fun, steamy urban fantasy about a young man who inadvertently comes to the rescue of a succubus and an angel. Magic goes awry and hilarity ensues.

I'm new here on Goodreads, but this is clearly a great site. I'd love some reviews for my book--I've made a lot of readers happy, but I naturally would love more!

message 13: by Darryl (last edited Jan 25, 2012 03:30PM) (new)

Darryl Branning (darrylbranning) You can purchase Bred for $2.97 at Smashwords.com. There's only one review so far, but more is better.

You can also get Fort Falling: Comments on a Life in Orbital Decay for free, from the Goodreads page, and there are multiple ebook formats at Smashwords.com. It's free because no professional editors or designers were involved at any time.

message 14: by T.B. (new)

T.B. McKenzie | 4 comments My debut novel The Dragon and the Crow is only 2.99 on kindle. Fantasy story about a boy with no magic at all, destined to save a world where everyone is a magician.

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 99 comments Sounds like an interesting twist. Downloaded a sample.

(And I'm wondering why my virtual TBR stack is growing and growing and growing?)

message 16: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Butler (djbutler) | 7 comments Rock Band Fights Evil is a pulp action-horror-fantasy serial. #1, Hellhound on My Trail, is $0.99 on Smashwords and Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Hellhound-Trail...

#2, Snake Handlin' Man, is $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Snake-Handlin-R...

message 17: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 14 comments Wind-Scarred, is only 99 cents on amazon, but this Saturday it'll be free. I have another post out there about it, or you can check the synopsis, but in a nutshell the book is about elemental powers, wormholes, futuristic and medieval-esque societies, and waffles.

message 18: by T.B. (new)

T.B. McKenzie | 4 comments Sharon wrote: "Sounds like an interesting twist. Downloaded a sample.

(And I'm wondering why my virtual TBR stack is growing and growing and growing?)"

Thanks Sharon, I hope you get around to reading it soon. Every time I get on goodreads my TBR list swells too.

message 19: by Eric (new)

Eric (proggyboog) Just finished a fantastic space opera: Leviathan Wakes. It's on special right now at (at least) Amazon and Kobo for $2.99. As a bonus, the eBook also contains a second novel by one of the co-authors (Daniel Abraham): The Dragon's Path

I haven't even read the 2nd book yet, and I've certainly gotten my money's worth.

message 20: by Jean-Michel (new)

Jean-Michel Smith (j-ms) | 11 comments Autonomy by Jean-Michel Smith Special! Limited Time Only. The Singularity SciFi Novel Autonomy is available on Kindle for 99 cents (regularly $5.99). In return for this special price, once you've finished the book I'd be grateful for an honest review on Amazon.

message 21: by Rok (last edited Jun 24, 2015 02:49PM) (new)

Rok (RokD) | 17 comments Planet Prey by RoChe Montoya Planet Prey is only $0.99 The 2nd Realm The 2nd Realm (The 2nd Realm Trilogy Book 1) by RoChe Montoya is also normally $0.99 but will be free June 25-26. Both by a new author I am getting into.

message 22: by Al (new)

Al Philipson (printersdevil) | 41 comments Last Train from Earth by Al Philipson Last Train from Earth Last chance to score a great deal in this pre-publication sale at 99-cents. After it's published on Saturday the 18th, the price goes up to $3.99. See it on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010GQ3TFU

-------------------

It’s 2206 and the president of the Free States of America is scheming to declare herself a dictator after the 2208 election.

When Eric Stewart, inventor of the Stewart Faster-than-Light drive and owner of the giant Stewart Industries conglomerate, discovers her plot, he launches a desperate plan to escape to a virgin planet with as many people and as much industrial capacity as he can. But he and his fellow conspirators have a spy in their midst.

It’s a race against the president’s murderous goons and time — and the time-bomb is ticking.

message 23: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 128 comments What do birds, music, and exo-biology have in common? The Suspended Fourth, just published on Kindle http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011T0JPBY/r...