SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Book Recommendations & Favorites > WANTED: Stand Alone Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments Posted by Wan @ 12/5/10:
Any more recommendation in this category? Anyone?
I was hopeful to find some stand alone PNR/UF to plug in a hole when I want to take a break from the longgggggg series.

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Dec 04, 2010 07:39PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments Some I've enjoyed are:

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson Children of the Night by Dan Simmons Riverwatch by Joseph Nassise The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier Benighted by Kit Whitfield Under the Blood Red Moon by Mina Hepsen The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite Pretty When She Dies A Vampire Novel by Rhiannon Frater I Am Legend by Richard Matheson Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon Sunshine by Robin McKinley Ice by Sarah Beth Durst

The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer <--- Meyer is writing a #2 though, so not really a stand-alone any longer. But, none the less, a VERY good book. Much better than Twilight, IMO.

Some other stand-alones, I haven't read yet, but will:

Drink of Me by Jacquelyn Frank Insatiable by Meg Cabot The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater

I'm sure other members will have suggestions as well! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Here are some stand alones I have on my shelves. Some I have read and some not. Also some are Ebooks.

A Babe in Ghostland by Lisa Cach Dark and Disorderly by Bernita Harris Angel with Attitude  by Michelle Rowen Blue Moon Rising by Tara Nina Death, The Vamp and His Brother by Lexxie Couper The Fury by Sloan McBride The Hunt by Anne Marsh Once Bitten by Clare Willis Tempt Not the Cat by J.C. Wilder Reckoning by J.C. Wilder Spirited Away (Signet Eclipse) by Cindy Miles Twelve Wicked Nights by Nadia Aidan The Vampire's Kiss by Cynthia Eden Witch in the House by Jenna McKnight

message 4: by Wan (last edited Dec 05, 2010 09:56AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 612 comments Thanks for the suggestion, guys. This will sustain me for awhile. :-)

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 47 comments There's a listopia here: PNR UF Stand Alone Books

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments Hope you find something good to read, Wan. Let us know if you have a favorite.

Thanks for the link, Deborah!

message 7: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 612 comments Sure did and already ordered some from the list. :-)

message 8: by Diane ~Firefly~ (last edited Dec 07, 2010 05:08PM) (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 908 comments Here's a few I've enjoyed. They are mostly PNR (most UF is in a series). Some are a bit older and may be out of print.

Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie Spellbound in Seattle by Garthia Anderson The Wizard of Seattle by Kay Hooper Shield's Lady (Lost Colony) by Jayne Ann Krentz Sweet Starfire by Jayne Ann Krentz Crystal Flame by Jayne Ann Krentz The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes by Jennifer Crusie Good Omens by Terry Pratchett Highland Knight by Cindy Miles MacGowan's Ghost (Signet Eclipse) by Cindy Miles Spirited Away (Signet Eclipse) by Cindy Miles Into Thin Air by Cindy Miles It Must Be Magic by Jennifer Skully Sunshine by Robin McKinley Drinking Midnight Wine by Simon R. Green The Enchantment Emporium by Tanya Huff The Forever Summer by Suzanne Macpherson My Favorite Witch by Lisa Plumley Temping Fate by Esther M. Friesner Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel by Ronda Thompson Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 47 comments Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "Here's a few I've enjoyed. They are mostly PNR (most UF is in a series). Some are a bit older and may be out of print. ..."

Did you know Tanya Huff has sold a sequel to The Enchantment Emporium? Not sure when it will be released.

message 10: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 908 comments Deborah wrote: "Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "Here's a few I've enjoyed. They are mostly PNR (most UF is in a series). Some are a bit older and may be out of print. ..."

Did you know Tanya Huff has sold..."

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading something about that months ago. It was a complete story though, although I will read a sequel if it ever comes out.